Turn on thread page Beta

Archive SPTM/0002/REC/HPOO watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    this is great 16-6 at Half time... Can the paddies bounce back? I actually have no idea.

There have been some people asking the hypothetical lately; If Wales do it, Will they be the worst team ever to win a Grand Slam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    this is great 16-6 at Half time... Can the paddies bounce back? I actually have no idea.

There have been some people asking the hypothetical lately; If Wales do it, Will they be the worst team ever to win a Grand Slam?
    i think wales really deserve the grand slam... they're the only team who've actually palyed consistently well (except maybe 2nd half against scotland) and they've worked really hard over the last couple of years to get a decent team. i hope wales don't do what they did last week and think they won in the first half
    and instead keep fighting. i don't think ireland desreve to wint he tournament- they've been really disapointing.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Well so much for those who said Wales couldn't do it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pete77)
    What im sayin or at least trying to say is that he did his side no favours !
    A lead of 350 was more than enough they wasted time in which the bowlers could have had more time to attack Pak !
    On a spinning pitch on day 4 he has no faith in his bowlers and is more scared of Pak !
    That speaks volumes !

MEDIC
    well yea, pakistan are a good team (lo, even thou india r better) and he was right in the end wasnt he? A lead of 350 would not have been enough as pakistan got 100 already, so chasing 250 would be much easier for them on the last day. They would not even have to slog it, they would have had to bat at a normal rate to be able to win. Now if pakistan want to win and go for the runs, they will also have to give away wickets.

ReputationRep:
    Well i have heard that Kumble/Singh are meant to be really good !
    If so they are bowling on one of the best spinning wickets on day 5 !
    In that case batting would be hard and 250 would be difficult to get !
    As you say they are cautious of Pak and realise that their bowlers are not all that great !

MEDIC

ReputationRep:
    Well done to Wales they played very well but I have to say that I think the reason why they have stood out is because of the very poor performance of France, Ireland and particually England. None of them have got going what so ever and had either of them played the standard they are capable of then there would be a very different outcome. You cant take anything away from Wales though as you can only beat who you play.

ReputationRep:
    Good game, Wales v Ireland.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think its a case of India being scared and thinking their bowlers aren't good enough. You have to use the best available strategies whatever side you're playing against to ensure a victory. I think it was a good decision, and if ganguly declaring when he did is a sign that he isn't underestimating pakistan, then thats sensible from the indian point of view. Never underestimate your opponent. Good cricket all around, tomorrow should be entertaining.

ReputationRep:
    during the final overs of the indian innings ravi shastri and aamir sohail were both talking about that ganguly shud declare the innings, but camera showed ganguly was no where seen near a tv set and he left it too late then. look pakistan in the end just played 20 overs, if ganguly had declared the innings early say allowing 30 or 35 overs for pakistan then they might have pulled away atleast two wickets( Afridi was always there to go, and one more after him).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilbug)
    I don't think its a case of India being scared and thinking their bowlers aren't good enough. You have to use the best available strategies whatever side you're playing against to ensure a victory. I think it was a good decision, and if ganguly declaring when he did is a sign that he isn't underestimating pakistan, then thats sensible from the indian point of view. Never underestimate your opponent. Good cricket all around, tomorrow should be entertaining.

in this case i agree abt not underestimating a team like pakistan which can blow it away at the last minute like it did in the last test.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Musafir exactly my point !

ReputationRep:
    Ravi Shastri and Sohail back my point about the declaration to the hilt !
    Indians are not as good as they think ! 1st test they were messed around with home ! 2nd test Pak have pushed them to the last day !

Medic

ReputationRep:
    Well I cant imagine volleyball requiring a great amount of fitness, how about just some general strength and conditioning? So do circuit training a couple of times a week, errr, go for a few runs? God knows, I guess most of your training should be on how to play volleyball well rather than fitness..

ReputationRep:
    keepy-uppy volleyball style

or the good ol' "block, set, smash"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Modes98)
    So in your 100caps you took 5wickets not a brilliant return......well i earned 195 for the other bowlers so therefore i was brilliant!
    A bowler is there to take wickets!!!!!

Bring On the Ashes!

I don't know how you play your cricket, but I play mine as a team game.

A bowler who takes 5 wickets for himelf but earns another 195 for the team would be more valuable than one who takes 150 for himself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pete77)
    India are being messed around with at home !
    Wat an innings by Afridi !

An Indian victory or a Draw is on the cards now, unlikely to be a Pak victory but only a fool would write them off the way the series has gone !
    Nice self contradiction there. India are being messed around at home, but an Indian victory is on the cards.

Hmm, I didn't know winning was being messed around :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by topdude)
    well yea, pakistan are a good team (lo, even thou india r better) and he was right in the end wasnt he? A lead of 350 would not have been enough as pakistan got 100 already, so chasing 250 would be much easier for them on the last day. They would not even have to slog it, they would have had to bat at a normal rate to be able to win. Now if pakistan want to win and go for the runs, they will also have to give away wickets.
    I agree completely. I think the declaration came at the right time. If we had picked up afridi's wicket earlier, then nobody would be questioning the declaration now.

In fact, I'd be nervous if Pakistan only had 350 to chase. As seen in the first test, they are capable of producing big partnerships.

ReputationRep:
    well he was right 2 be cautious, look at how pakistan were hitting it.

i was 100% sure india would win at end of day 4 in the first test and was wrong! this match could go 2 either side, as long as pakistan play 4 the win. if pakistan play cautious (which they showed no signs of) then its bound 2 be a draw. im looking forward to another great final day
    i think even if pak take it cautiously , if they last the full day they will win. They are only chasin 327 runs , in 90 overs. i believe a result is definate, if not pakistan should be ashamed. hopefully indian spinners will be able to get the same amount of turn that danish kaneria got , (well harbijan atleast cos kumble is more of a right arm meduim who turns it abit ) and make it 1-0 to india.

ReputationRep:
    well yea, pakistan are a good team (lo, even thou india r better)
    I agree :dito:

ReputationRep:
    The declaration came at the wrong time as both Sohail and Shastri said ! Well clearly that counts for nothing here !
    Afridi could be cheaply removed and again this shows that the Indian attack is not all that !
    Anyside would be happy to set 350 for the last day and be very comfortable with it !
    Ganguly has no self belief in his bowlers and himself !
    Pak are messing India around and causing them problems something which the so called experts could not pick up !

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.