Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Blatantly Cambridge.. with more cunning cheating
mootle
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
a friend rows for GB and he predicted at christmas that oxford would have the better side this year. since i want to go to cam im shouting for them. but most of all i want a tight race with a bit of excitement!
trouttrout
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
[QUOTE=mostlyharmless]
(Original post by Everdawn)
Same could be said about another champion team... :rolleyes:

before the wc England beat ever mayor force in the NH and SH home and away. they won the grandslam that year and the six nations the year before that. its not as if they went into it only winning 1 of there last competive 10 games!

since the world cup Englands form has dropped drematicaly but in the years leading up to the wc no one was surprised that they won the 6 nations and the grand slam, they didnt just win the grand slam and turn into a great team. like everyone thinks wales is now.
Nopbodies saying we're a great team yet. Watching rugby special on Sunday night, and the pundits were saying, the team has potential.. which it does!

The team has shown that we can now compete, and that we can last the full 80 minutes, which three years ago we would struggle to do. We changed our tactics to play attacking running rugby, the same as Ireland have to an extent, in stead of their up and under tactics. These new tactics seam to be working at teh level that rugby is curretnly at.

i hope Wales go on from this and are able to compete with the best year in year out, which i think we now can. Thought we could beofre the 6 nations, winning the grand slam proved we could!
missex
Report 13 years ago
it would be much better if only undergrads could row, instead of half the german international team, thats **** esp as loadsa english grads have been droped from last year from oxford, ie david livingston etc etc to be replaced by 30 yr old internationals doing token 'further' studies. makes me mad!!!

go and watch by barnes bridge or at the end of the race... the road as they pass under barnes bridge from the people at mortlake end.. (behind the brewery .. the swan or something?) or at the pub by barnes bridge roundabout!! tho putney is good for less action i spose. its starts at 3.05 but dont forget the isis and goldie crews are racing about half an hour before adn they need cheering!! oh and dont stand too near the water as two years ago we all got stranded as the tide came up so fast!!
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeh it is kinda gay how internationl rowers can do token degrees for 1 year just to race in the boat race, but thats what makes the standard of racing so high!
mootle
Report 13 years ago
i agree about the undergrads. its only then a true representation of the uni rowing. the guy i know was asked if he wanted to do a degree and row for oxford.madness!can i ask what a narb is?
glance
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Oxford is closest, so Oxford man :cool:
material breach
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Brooksey)
Which of the above hockey sticks do you think are the best.

As you can see i like ditas
They are brands not sticks, no brand in my opinion has any significant advantage.
twilight
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
TK rule, the little elephants are soooo cute
Willa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
hence why more people should watch the goldie/isis race...it's far more representative of what rowers are like at each uni!
mostlyharmless
Report 13 years ago
i hope wales improve to it stops it being a 3 horse race.

but im still not sure they can last the full 80 mins, they have struggled in the closing stages all the 6 nations games.

and in the final game they didnt know what was happening till the prop scored.

so i have doubts about the team at the moment but u can see there going in the right direction and diffently moved on from the Henson and Henry era, of as long as they played well!

A nation excpets!
mostlyharmless
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Everdawn)
Like I said, its 7's its anyone's game.
they do play risky rugby though!
Barny
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Oxford weighed in as the heaviest crew ever, and on average 10kg per man than cambridge, thats a bloody lot!
Font
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by imasillynarb)
Oxford weighed in as the heaviest crew ever, and on average 10kg per man than cambridge, thats a bloody lot!
that could be a good thing...it'll them maintain their momentum, if they are rowing upstream you know...p = mv...all that maths stuff
Barny
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Could be a good thing? It is a good thing, it means they're taller and stronger, and 10kg a man taller/stronger is a lot, Oxford will easily win this one I reckon.
bondjamesbond
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
had you ever been in the middle of a fight between one team and another... or a cheer group and their rivals?... did you get out without a scratch?
topdude
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
guess the pakistanis came back well on the first day.......but a draw will be more then enough for india, we will just make sure we dont go out, hence this game is going 2 be a draw, pakistan wont get 20 wickets.
devesh254
Report 13 years ago
absolutely fantastic comeback by the away side....and inzi was at his brilliant best today...

having said that...the toss was a good one to win...the pitch is a batsmans paradise and looks to be so for most (if not all) of the test match...nothing in it for the bowlers...and this is my reason for believing that despite this great start the pakistanis have made it is unlikely they will win because their attack just isnt capable of taking 22 indian wickets...as for the latest addition to the pakistani bowling attack (arshad khan) i dont think the indians will have a problem facing him at all...

so expect more big runs on this pitch...and in order for either team to win it will take a tremendous effort from the bowling units of each side...the B'lore pitch has been prepared to ensure the indians DONT LOSE...and looking at how it played today I am pretty confident that is precisely what will happen...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (66)
20%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (133)
40.3%
Nope, not that interesting (131)
39.7%

Watched Threads