Archive SPTM/0002/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
Socrates
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
^
Its Gangs' safety first approach, believe it or not, India did not want to lose this test match which is why they have ordered a totally dead track.
sumitk87
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by zaf1986)
^
Its Gangs' safety first approach, believe it or not, India did not want to lose this test match which is why they have ordered a totally dead track.
i suppose it does mean a guaranteed test series win , but then again it is begining to turn so it will give somin for khan and kanerai to work with. its meant to be best for batting first 2 days then it will begin to turn.

How do they make a pitch that will begin to turn on day 3 onwards???? how can they make such variable pitches , some are gd batting all 5 days some are turning wickets some are like this one ??????
john williams
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
How is it India were playing for a draw when Pak batted first and couldnt taken control/declared earlier. Yeh its probably going to be a draw, as Indian's batting during the last 10 overs showed they can easily get 450-500+ and with Shewag batting how he did this morning (truely amazing) its very possible. Plus the batting pitch meant it was always likely to be a draw, something i said right at the start.
Socrates
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by sumitk87)
i suppose it does mean a guaranteed test series win , but then again it is begining to turn so it will give somin for khan and kanerai to work with. its meant to be best for batting first 2 days then it will begin to turn.

How do they make a pitch that will begin to turn on day 3 onwards???? how can they make such variable pitches , some are gd batting all 5 days some are turning wickets some are like this one ??????
Depends on the weather in that part of the country, the soil, how much they water it, etc etc etc
john williams
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by zaf1986)
Depends on the weather in that part of the country, the soil, how much they water it, etc etc etc
Although without making radical changes, each pitch has its own history of being bouncy, slow, quick etc and isnt something you can just really change over night, but as you said the weather and where abouts in the country it is, is a very big influence. Like in Australia cos of the weather generally pitches tend to be good for seam bowlers as well as quick, helping batsmen.
lilbug
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
if pakistan had declared before they all got out, they would still play their second innings, right?

ps. does anyone know of any good cricket blogs?
DRWallace
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by PublicSchoolAnn)
I spit upon the above.
Away the Gers!!!!
:eek: And I thought you were a nice person!

C'mon the Killie
jonnyb991
Report 13 years ago
Tottenham.
Why wouldn't you?
trouttrout
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by mostlyharmless)
i hope wales improve to it stops it being a 3 horse race.

but im still not sure they can last the full 80 mins, they have struggled in the closing stages all the 6 nations games.

and in the final game they didnt know what was happening till the prop scored.

so i have doubts about the team at the moment but u can see there going in the right direction and diffently moved on from the Henson and Henry era, of as long as they played well!

A nation excpets!

Can't alst the full 80 minutes???? You got that wrong! Three years ago I would ahve agreed... now we're fitter than ever... 80 minutes isn't a problem. Right so against Scotland we were worse second half, and ireland went over for two close to the end.... if I might say, it didn't matter by this point! Look at France game... second half.... sorry but i disagree with not being able to last the full 80!

And it was Steve Hanson not Henson!!!
john williams
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by lilbug)
if pakistan had declared before they all got out, they would still play their second innings, right?
No it means they then forefit their second innings and can not bat again in the whole match :rolleyes: ....if ONLY! However much we'd all rather like to watch India bat, they will be going in again.
Hash
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
...and India were criticised for not preparing pitches to their advantage in the recent home series against australia. :rolleyes:
Barny
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Actually Ive changed my mind, Cambridge to win.
F. Poste
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Oxford. I say this out of sheer unadulterated bias.
Onearmedbandit
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I've never seen nor do I ever plan on seeing this event (and I'd say the same thing had I gotten into Oxford). Obviously I know about it, but I just want to know from you Oxbridgers what the rivarly is like at these sorts of events? My great grandfather used to row (and box) for Oxford and back then there was a massive rivalry! But apparently hardly anyone outside these universities was really bothered.
Mean Mr. Mustard
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Oxford. I say this because I have been well trained and I do not want to get dumped/killed/hit in the face :p:
F. Poste
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Babyshambles)
Oxford. I say this because I have been well trained and I do not want to get dumped/killed/hit in the face :p:
Good boy
mostlyharmless
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by trouttrout)
Can't alst the full 80 minutes???? You got that wrong! Three years ago I would ahve agreed... now we're fitter than ever... 80 minutes isn't a problem. Right so against Scotland we were worse second half, and ireland went over for two close to the end.... if I might say, it didn't matter by this point! Look at France game... second half.... sorry but i disagree with not being able to last the full 80!

And it was Steve Hanson not Henson!!!
the france game what happened in the last 10 minutes!!

i made a typo big deal
alkaeda
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
pakistan can still go for victory, its not all over yet!! Good innings by sehwag once again.. now india has 2 little masters in their side
sumitk87
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by alkaeda)
pakistan can still go for victory, its not all over yet!!
i dont see how cos india will not follow on and will bat for atleast half of 2morow, they will be perhaps 100runs short , then pakistan will bat and get about 300 then declare- taking almost a day to score the 300 and then india will have about 1/2 day, maybe abit more, to get 400 or get bowled out :rolleyes:

Cant see that happnin - India gettn bowled out in 1/2 a day :albertein
Debussy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
oops, just found this after attempting to start my own thread... (if it ain't broke...)

i'm gutted, my club boats right off chiswick bridge so i could get a great view of the finish, if i wasn't working

i reckon oxford'll win, not lovin cambridge that much at the mo...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (863)
80.28%
Leave (212)
19.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise