Archive SPTM/0002/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
kpg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yup Tendulkar crossed my mind, as did Kumble but as you say they're not very long term but neither have the right personality or team leadership to be captains either.
Socrates
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well played Pakistan, throughly deserved winners, and my predictions was wrong. Oh well. A hyped up series that really lived up to the hype. Gangs must be facing the axe now, the way he was out to Afridi, brilliant bowling and sensless batting.
Bilal
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
sumitk87
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i think ganguly captaining india in pakistan last year and winning is one of the reasons he will probably survive the chop, he doesnt deserve a place at the moment but as discused in a few posts above there isnt really another poss captain in the side. Hopefully he will do better in the ODIs (for his own sake).

I hope kaif and yuvraj will be back in the indian ODI side
hams
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i didnt know you can still get out even if the ball doesnt hit the bat.

can you get out if the ball hits the glove. pad, or bat?
devesh254
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by hams)

:eek: .....:laugh: :rofl:
Socrates
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by hams)

You can get out if the ball hits the glove and ur holding the bat (which is usually what happens). You can be out lbw if hits the pad, but not caught.
everybodylaughs
Report 13 years ago
hey hassh india lost by 168 runs
ha ha ha
Hash
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by zaf1986)
Well played Pakistan, throughly deserved winners, and my predictions was wrong. Oh well. A hyped up series that really lived up to the hype. Gangs must be facing the axe now, the way he was out to Afridi, brilliant bowling and sensless batting.

What are you talking about? Did inzamam get axed as captain after he scored less than 20 runs in the entire world cup? no

Will Ganguly get axed? No. He is a class player, going through a bad patch. He doesn't get the recognition he deserves when he plays well, because he is overshadowed by Tendulkar, Dravid etc.

Don't forget, Tendulkar suffered a major drop in form when he was captain. If Ganguly only had his batting to concentrate on, his form would inevitably rise.
Hash
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Or: India missed the draw by 6 overs.
Hash
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ozzaman)
oh well. My favourite quote from the other thread was "Pakistan won't get 20 wickets". Cant remember who said it, but damn thats funny. Picked up 20 wickets no problem.

congrats to ganguly for his excellent run of form.
Wow, you really are a ***t
Socrates
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Hash)
What are you talking about? Did inzamam get axed as captain after he scored less than 20 runs in the entire world cup? no

Will Ganguly get axed? No. He is a class player, going through a bad patch. He doesn't get the recognition he deserves when he plays well, because he is overshadowed by Tendulkar, Dravid etc.

Don't forget, Tendulkar suffered a major drop in form when he was captain. If Ganguly only had his batting to concentrate on, his form would inevitably rise.
I'm afraid I don't agree with you. Yes Inzi scored 19 runs in the WC but then roared back into form and made a brilliant hundred to save Pak from losing to Bangla. At that time he was not the captain, and yes he was dropped from the team straight after the world cup. However, Mr Ganguly has not made a Test match hundred for almost 2 years now. He last hundred came in Australia at Brisbane, ever since he has been pathetic, its not just the fact that he cant get past 1 (someone in the crowd jeered him when he got 2 in the second innings before being bowled by a ripper from Afridi), but the manner of his dismissal - down the track to Afridi in the 1st, stumped by miles on 1 - and bowled in the second. Ganguly on his day treated world class spinners with disdain let alone fill in bowlers like Afridi. I'm sorry to say, its time for Gangs to step down, and let Kaif or Yuvraj into the side, and Dravid can take the reigns of captaincy.
lilbug
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Hash)
Just out of interest, whose commentary have you been listening to/reading during this series?
Socrates
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Hash)
Bitter in defeat eh? :p:
topdude
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
well done pakistan.....

ganguly won't go, although i want him to. He is not man enough to step down, and like the other guy said above, he does actually have a good record and you could say he is going thru a bad patch, so he wont be dropped by the cricket board either. I blame him completely for this loss, but thats taking nothing away from a great pakistani performence, well done.

India-Pakistan always lives up to the hype, and im sure the one-day matches will as well!
Hash
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Bitter in defeat eh? :p:
It's called stating the facts :rolleyes:
Hash
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by lilbug)
Just out of interest, whose commentary have you been listening to/reading during this series?
What has that got to do with anything. I draw my own conclusions from the evidence presented in front of me, unlike many other posters who simply regurgitate what the commentators say. A lot of the stuff they talk is rubbish, since they have to say mindless stuff in between balls and overs etc.
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Hash)
Unfortunately another 30minutes would've been played as a result was on the cards
Hash
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
...He last hundred came in Australia at Brisbane, ever since he has been pathetic
His last 4 test innings before this series:

57, 40, 71, 88

hardly pathetic.
ozzaman
Report 13 years ago
kpg is right its in the rules that an extra amount of time can be played. the pressure did indeed get to ganguly as it does to every india captain because the fans are literally fanatical. make sehwag captain and you will see the same thing.

ganguly should however prove himself in the ODI's and silence his critcs there otherwise he will never hear the end of it.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1408)
79.64%
Leave (360)
20.36%

Watched Threads