Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Its today, right?

ReputationRep:
    Indeed it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    Indeed it is.
    are they goin to have a manager of the year one aswell? or is that later on in the season?

I think I know who deserves to win it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    are they goin to have a manager of the year one aswell? or is that later on in the season?

I think I know who deserves to win it
    Davie Moyes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    Everton will get it. I've lost all hope after watching our performance today to be honest! They deserve it more than us anyway.
    I agree. Are you having much hope for the Champions League clash with Chelsea now? Although people say your form in Europe is a lot better, when two teams of the same league compete it never really feels like a Champions League game, Wenger said something along those lines when Chelsea beat Arsenal at Highbury last season in the quarter finals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Davie Moyes?
    yep

no but seriously its likely Chelski are gonna get the hat- trick (Lampard, Robben, Mourinho)

:eek: money can buy happiness and glory!

ReputationRep:
    From a Boro perspective, Graeme Souness by a mile...

ReputationRep:
    Is this a joke that no-one else gets?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)
    Is this a joke that no-one else gets?
    I dunno. If it is, I don't get it either :confused:

ReputationRep:
    does esx77 want to explain what this means???? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I agree. Are you having much hope for the Champions League clash with Chelsea now? Although people say your form in Europe is a lot better, when two teams of the same league compete it never really feels like a Champions League game, Wenger said something along those lines when Chelsea beat Arsenal at Highbury last season in the quarter finals.
    We definately can do it, it's just whether we will or not! I'm not buying into this whole 'Chelsea are invincible, Liverpool have no chance' rubbish because of course we do. Some of our performances in Europe this season have been amazing (but then again so have Chelseas), and if we play as well as we did against Juve, we can beat them. Fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    shouldn't kluivert be on that list somewhere?
    THis is most over rated player right its just with gerrard and johnson on it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Colonel)
    shouldn't kluivert be on that list somewhere?
    THis is most over rated player right its just with gerrard and johnson on it...
    Kluivert? are you taking the piss?

ReputationRep:
    does esx77 want to explain what this means???? :confused:
    its real and is featured on the bbc website here
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_west/4448327.stm

not really much of a joke tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    its real and is featured on the bbc website here
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_west/4448327.stm

not really much of a joke tho
    Oh ok then lol what a load of rubbish. DO the bbc really lack news so much they have taken to reporting that

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok then lol what a load of rubbish. DO the bbc really lack news so much they have taken to reporting that
    not much happens in wales to be fair..

ReputationRep:
    I agree.
    It's not about who is better, but who has played consistently better. Players like Friedel are usually overlooked because they play for a lowish club and don't make the headlines (which is actually a sign of a good 'keeper imo).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    yep
    Moyes would get my vote.

(Original post by chats)
    no but seriously its likely Chelski are gonna get the hat- trick (Lampard, Robben, Mourinho)
    Nah I doubt it. Rooney would get more votes than Robben for young player of the year for several reasons. Firstly, he's been playing a lot more and so has had more chances to impress people. Secondly, he's strong and doesn't get injured often. Thirdly, he's a Manchester United player. But then there is the award for Champions League player of the season too isn't there?

(Original post by chats)
    :eek: money can buy happiness and glory!
    Unless you're Massimo Moratti who spent over £440m on 116 players over ten years and has just one Uefa Cup to show for it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by endeavour)
    It's not about who is better, but who has played consistently better. Players like Friedel are usually overlooked because they play for a lowish club and don't make the headlines (which is actually a sign of a good 'keeper imo).
    This often happens with players of other positions too and wouldn't surprise me if the same happened with Dean Ashton of Norwich (if he keeps up his good work). Antii Niemi is a good rated goolkeeper from many people I've heard from.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    We definately can do it, it's just whether we will or not! I'm not buying into this whole 'Chelsea are invincible, Liverpool have no chance' rubbish because of course we do.
    Chelsea are certainly not invincible. They have lost to Porto (away), Barcelona (away), Bayern Munich (away) and Man City (away). They seem to have a poor away record. Liverpool certainly have a chance.

(Original post by ~Sam~)
    Some of our performances in Europe this season have been amazing (but then again so have Chelseas)
    I'd say Liverpool are having slightly better performances for themselves compared to Chelsea at the moment.

(Original post by ~Sam~)
    and if we play as well as we did against Juve, we can beat them. Fingers crossed!
    People say that Juve just didn't get going. Perhaps this is true but you stopped them tactically then that is fair enough. Although I will be keeping fingers crossed for Chelsea.

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.