Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    You want a comprehensive list? You know which football team has the third highest amount of support in Scotland?
    probably aberdeen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    probably aberdeen?
    Nope, and it's not Hearts or Hibs.

ReputationRep:
    Dundee? Thats where im from.

ReputationRep:
    Man City and Celtic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irish Dougal)
    Man City and Celtic
    Make yer mind up. You can't support two teams..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irish Dougal)
    Man City and Celtic
    Cork are pretty good in the Irish league you know...

(Original post by PublicSchoolAnn)
    Dundee? Thats where im from.
    I was told by a Scottish person that it was Man Utd, not that I support them...

ReputationRep:
    Yes I can and I do.

Cork are pretty good in the Irish league you know...
    Ya I do know, but not as good as Shelbourn this year

ReputationRep:
    Where's Leeds? Their an up and coming team

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me or are there a few more teams than this in the world...

Crystal Palace and Lazio (Italian Dad connection)

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool... i live in a very conflicting house, older brother supports arsenal and twin supports newcastle :cool:

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    So, Ive had about 4/5 outings now, rowing in the boat is so hard!! Im getting the hang of it now though!
    They thrown you straight in the deep end rowing in eights with cleavers? Or do you get a nice start like we did?

I'm not a novice any more. This means senior training plans. Scary and painful. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    They thrown you straight in the deep end rowing in eights with cleavers? Or do you get a nice start like we did?

I'm not a novice any more. This means senior training plans. Scary and painful. :eek:
    Deep end, just shoved me in an eight who have been rowing for 8 weeks already, not nice I can tell you, means you learn bloody quick though!

What are cleavers?

ReputationRep:
    Eli.... man you're killing me!

ReputationRep:
    hey i ride bikes dose that count lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Deep end, just shoved me in an eight who have been rowing for 8 weeks already, not nice I can tell you, means you learn bloody quick though!

What are cleavers?
    Cleavers are a kind of blade that senior crews use - supposedly catch more water, but it's also easier to catch crabs with them. Most novices use macons for a while, which are easier to start with, my crew used them all term. I had my first outing with cleavers the other day, in a mixed boat where I was the only female ex-novice, with all the other girls coming from the first VIII! Steep learning curve there, as well.

ReputationRep:
    Nah were using macons still then, dunno when well start using cleavers...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    don't get me wrong, i really like ben, but its much much to early to compare him to anyone besides the other rookies, all of whom either havent started (losman, rivers) or have under 3 starts (manning).
    Well, you're neglecting the idea that if they had played like Ben in their less than three starts, it probably would have led to more appearances on the field.

ReputationRep:
    The blade of a cleaver is convex, whereas macons are flat. The former place more presssure on the lower back, as well as requiring greater blade control; the latter require less skill, but restrict power

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, I take it well start using them in time for the spring/summer regattas?

ReputationRep:
    Probable. They isn't much difference really, it's more down to physical capability than technical skill. if you're reasonable fit and strong - like most 18 years old are - you'll have no problem switching over.

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.