Archive SPTM/0002/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
I should think so, they've got a lot of money to make up for! £543,000,000 in fact!

The Breakdown
- £213 million in transfer payments
- £215 million on wages
- £115 million loan to keep from administration
Why does everyone mention the money?? :rolleyes:
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Chelsea blue kit is nice, black and silver one is ok too. Next seasons will be better, no sponsor on the shirt. Don't like the new kit with the samsung logo on made by adidas, its poop!
james101
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i like the inter milan home shirt, brazil shirt and the man utd away shirt.

i might get them all, does anyone know when these shirts will change? 2006?
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Other clubs don't have as much money as we have, so jealousy is inevitable.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
I didn't want to say that, but you are right of course!!
Enola
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
I concur.

Im sick of other fans using that excuse for their own poor seasons. Surely any football fan knows that it takes more than money to create a team like chelsea have at present, i mean look at Real Madrid! Man United have also spent a fair bit of cash.
Rainy
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ChelseaBabe)
Why does everyone mention the money?? :rolleyes:
Quite simple really. We're all jealous. But that's only because Abramovich has come along and moved the goalposts for everybody. As much as Chelsea fans would like to think, it is not by their standard of football - it's the amount of money. His purchase of Chelsea has been BAD for football because he has inflated the transfer market and thus made it more difficult for teams to compete. Some smartarse will point out that I'm an LFC fan, and that we've spent a lot of money on players. That's indeed true, but at least the board has money to spend through legitimate means. You can refer to Steve Morgan, the Thai PM, and L4 for that. You all seem to be focussing in on the 'top 4' of the English game, but there are 20 teams in the Premiership - it is because of the other 16 that I feel that things are getting ridiculous.

I should point out that it's not just the finances of Chelsea which annoys the rest of us. the way Chelsea have conducted themselves this season is nothing short of disgraceful - witness the tapping up of Ashley Cole (among others)and the slandering of Anders Frisk. Refer also to Mourinho's treatment of almost every other respected figure in the game.
The final thing to consider: how many season ticket holders are there currently at the Bridge, compared to 2 years ago? How many Chelsea fans have crawled out of the woodwork (including the media), claiming that they've been there all along - through thick and thin?
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Enola)
I concur.

Im sick of other fans using that excuse for their own poor seasons. Surely any football fan knows that it takes more than money to create a team like chelsea have at present, i mean look at Real Madrid! Man United have also spent a fair bit of cash.
Well said!!!
Rainy
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Enola)
I concur.

Get real mate. If it weren't for Roman (notice Roman, not Mourinho) you'd still be challenging for Thursday night European football, as opposed to winning the Championship for the first time in 50 years.
Enola
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
I should point out that it's not just the finances of Chelsea which annoys the rest of us. the way Chelsea have conducted themselves this season is nothing short of disgraceful - witness the tapping up of Ashley Cole (among others)and the slandering of Anders Frisk. Refer also to Mourinho's treatment of almost every other respected figure in the game.
The final thing to consider: how many season ticket holders are there currently at the Bridge, compared to 2 years ago? How many Chelsea fans have crawled out of the woodwork (including the media), claiming that they've been there all along - through thick and thin?
Im unhappy about the conduct of the club in some aspects, such as the alleged tapping up. Although I have no symphathy for Anders Frisk and I think that it is quite clear that his quiting of football was not due to Chelsea FC or fans of the club. I think more went on there behind the scenes then we will ever know. As for fans, you will always get people jumping on the bandwagon, but as somebody who has grown up a fan of the club I feel we deserve this season.
Enola
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by fernando)
the chelsea black/silver away kit is cool
i concur.
In fact, I like it so much that im wearing the top right now
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Enola)
i concur.
In fact, I like it so much that im wearing the top right now
Hope its clean and not the same one you were wearing on Saturday!
james101
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Where do you buy yours from? Anyone know the cheapest place to buy them from?

Thanks
Enola
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hope its clean and not the same one you were wearing on Saturday!
lol, i never wear my shirt on a matchday (silly superstition) so yes it is indeed clean!!
DRWallace
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I like the FC Maratimo home strip. Red and green vertical stripes.
Attached files
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Enola)
lol, i never wear my shirt on a matchday (silly superstition) so yes it is indeed clean!!
Why not????!!!!! Do you go topless too then???
james101
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by DRWallace)
I like the FC Maratimo home strip. Red and green vertical stripes.
where can you buy foreign football shirts from online?
Enola
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Why not????!!!!! Do you go topless too then???
Non, i wouldnt go topless!! It just seems that whenever I wear my shirt we start to lose or don't play well. I know thats stupid, but still.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
I strip whenever Chelsea scores
TheWolf
Rep:
?
I dont know wheres the cheapest place, but Id be looking at ebay or going to some crazy stores in Spain. I got all of mine from the club's shop whenever I go and visit a stadium on holidays, and they're not particularly cheap =\. I've got 4 shirts so far (Chelsea, Madrid, Barcelona, Milan)
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (57)
19.39%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (119)
40.48%
Nope, not that interesting (118)
40.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise