Turn on thread page Beta

Archive SPTM/0002/REC/HPOO watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enola)
    I think more went on there behind the scenes then we will ever know.
    As was mentioned with the exlcusion of someone's report confirming Rijkaard approaching Frisk three times. Plus I have the match recorded so I'm going to see how many Barcelona players dived.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hash)
    If I was a cricketer, I would hate to play for India - because of the fans' attitude.

Sure, when a player plays well, the Indian fans cheer the loudest. But when a player is down, they also kick him the hardest.
    You are absoloutely right. This is the problem with the Asian teams.

One player Quite fed up with this asked the supporters in a press conference that "When we win you decorate our houses with flowers and when we lose you burn them. Why is that? Why cant you see that in a game some lose and some win"

Zain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paulgunter)
    liverpool will be up for this and will have to defend well against chelseas lucky long ball play.
    So will Chelsea be up for it. Not many teams score two or more against them and I can't see Chelsea failing to score. Plus the beat team in the Premiership have just won the league and I don't see them contemplating defeat as they would not want to destroy any party ready for the presentation of the trophy at home against Charlton. As for Chelsea playing long ball, there's nothing wrong with that, it's within the rules and is certainly better than taking theatrical falls and dives after a slightest of touch. Also Bolton do it day in day out so it's not as if Chelsea are the long ball team, they can be if they want, but aren't. I don't see how long ball play itself is lucky. Care to expand?

(Original post by paulgunter)
    A very bitter Arsenal fan
    So one team has interfered with your 'divine right' to win and compete with Manchester United alone for the league, boo hoo. God I wish this happened in the SPL.

ReputationRep:
    I hope that Duff/Robben will play a part in tonight's game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Not many teams score two or more against them and I can't see Chelsea failing to score.
    That's *exactly* what they said before the Liverpool vs Juventus game at Anfield. "ooh look, Juve don't concede any goals, they've only conceded 2 so far yada yada". Look what happened...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Pollo Diablo)
    That's *exactly* what they said before the Liverpool vs Juventus game at Anfield. "ooh look, Juve don't concede any goals, they've only conceded 2 so far yada yada". Look what happened...
    Yeah but Juventus never got going and came very close to it, hitting the post in the second leg AND having a goal disallowed for offside in the first when there was nothing wrong with it. Liverpool have won the European Cup enough times, it's about time someone else won it other than them for a change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    if you do fence....play with your fake arm on...then when your opponent prods it and it falls off, they'll be so startled that you'll get an easy point

fencing is great, although sometimes i did wish i had worn a box, ouch!
    haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    I hope that Duff/Robben will play a part in tonight's game.
    I don't think either will play much of a part, Mourinho didn't sound as though he thought either would be fit in his interview yesterday. But fingers crossed, because we need to get the goals in the net and thats something Drogba seems to have trouble with at times :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enola)
    Im unhappy about the conduct of the club in some aspects, such as the alleged tapping up. Although I have no symphathy for Anders Frisk and I think that it is quite clear that his quiting of football was not due to Chelsea FC or fans of the club. I think more went on there behind the scenes then we will ever know. As for fans, you will always get people jumping on the bandwagon, but as somebody who has grown up a fan of the club I feel we deserve this season.
    same, i dont like these tapping up stories as its giving the team a bad name however i can possibly forgive this rio ferdinand "meeting" as long as it was a coincidence

as for the Frisk incident, UEFA should give back the club and mourinho a part of the fine - or give rikjaard one as well as mourinho did mention that he saw the incident but it was his assistant

as for those who tell me that chelsea dont deserve the title i have one thing to say

2004/2005 Premiership Champions - Chelsea
    - get used to it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fernando)

2004/2005 Premiership Champions - Chelsea
    - get used to it
    Damn right. Surprised people have forgotten the alleged 'illegal' (EU law suggests otherwise) approach to Ashley Cole. At the beginning everyone was saying to dock Chelsea points but now they have won the Premiership it would be even harder for the Premier League to dock points if they were because the fact that they have won the title. Not sure whether Ahsley Cole would suit Chelsea's style of defending but if he adapts I'll have no problem with him in Chelsea's club. Be interesting to see if he does move and then play against Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    COME ON YOU CHELSEA!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    COME ON YOU CHELSEA!!!

Indeed

god, im feeling nervous!

ReputationRep:
    COME ON LIVERPOOL!!!

:party: :elefant: :tee:

looking forward to a good game!!!

ReputationRep:
    Cheeeeeeeelsea whoever you maybe
    You have got no history
    You may have won the league
    You may have won the cup
    But we've won the lot so we dont give a ****

god I'm so excited/nervous. Never been like this before a game (even the uefa cup/fa cup finals!). Atmosphere at Anfield is gonna be something else tonight, doubt Chelsea will have heard anything like it tbh, despite having class and experienced players in the squad. Can't wait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    You have got no history
    Only 100 years of it :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enola)
    woo age war! beat 113 years! mwahaha

how lame am i! hehe :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by razormylight)
    woo age war! beat 113 years! mwahaha

how lame am i! hehe :p:

lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enola)
    only a song la, dont take it to heart

Though age war does sound good

ReputationRep:
    i mountain bike, great fun and great excersise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    As was mentioned with the exlcusion of someone's report confirming Rijkaard approaching Frisk three times. Plus I have the match recorded so I'm going to see how many Barcelona players dived.
    Not like Drogba or Gudjohnsson, or Robben ever do?

Rant about Chelsea:
    Chelsea piss me off, some reasons why: their huge amount of recently acquired supporters(and i'm not accusing you of that)who have decided, that hey, trendy area, west London, rich club, they're in for success, they have a charismatic, yet vain and corrupt leader(sounds a bit like the election)can't beat 'em, join 'em. Mourinho, is, IMO, a cynical cheat. He makes me like Ferguson.
    They've got they guy who used to work for Man U, Peter Kenyon(who used to claim he was red through and through), whos orchestrated illicit meetings with Ferdinand and Cole. Mourinho was clearly on the phone from his hotel room to that guys earpiece for the(was it bayern munich)game, the one where he arrived, then left immediatly. John Terry was caught barracking American tourists the day after 9/11. Not content with the fact that Lampard had broken Alonso's leg and put him out for ages, Gudjohnsson then dived pathetically under minimal body contact, and appealed for a booking..it is hard to believe that he wasn't made well aware by Mourinho that Alonso was on a suspension. He then taunted Alonso afterwards. I really dislike this outfit, and i don't think Arsenal or Man U will lie down, or that this success is going to be as sustained as many believe.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.