Archive SPTM/0002/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Me2)
i feel this part of the board is too football/rugby dominated!

who rides here?
for how long?
do you loan/own a horse/pony?
recent happenings?
future?

i've ridden for nearly 10 years, but have never owned my own, although i have shared 8 or so in my time... at the moment im having brill jumping lessons once a week and i have just returned from a jumping competition where one problem prevented me from being placed - but was generally good as the horse loves jumping, but gets rather excitable/psycopathic! so no-one wants to ride it in competitions, therefore it is rather inexperienced. jumping in another comp next sunday a little higher this time
I have 2 Australian Stock Horses. I dont compete with them but I ride them at home and sometimes we will do Endurance rides. Nothing special though.
Sophdoph
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Palace

Liverpool 2nd (family connection, if I hadn't been so stupid to say at age 7 "dad can you take me to watch my local team" I'd be a red.)
StupidFool
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Aylesbury although I haven't been to see them in ages.

other than that "ARSENAL!" I say in a booming voice:rolleyes:
Onearmedbandit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Portsmouth, as hopefully everybody on TSR knows by now

Then Swansea, Bournemouth, Brighton, Exeter.. Man United (well you have to support one of the top 3... makes the title race more exciting!).
pauldaboy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I support chelsea. they are the best team in the premiership now i reckon. lol
LadyLucia2004
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ARSENAL!!!

But not in a quiet voice
pauldaboy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
arsenal are good and they do have some of the best players in the world but there defence isnt that good. i have to just say that chelseas defence is a bit better.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Onearmedbandit)
Portsmouth, as hopefully everybody on TSR knows by now

Man United (well you have to support one of the top 3... makes the title race more exciting!).
So, is that the same Man United that is fourth in the league??
Krim
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Why the have you put Newcastle Brown? If its got anything to do with the ale and your trying to be clever your a bit of a ****.
EPD
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Hazza_CPFC)
Is it just me or are there a few more teams than this in the world...
It's not just you. There are 92 Football League teams after all, then you've got all the non-league teams, then all your foreign teams....
Out of the 5 football fans on my corridor, only 2 support Premiership teams - Spurs and Southampton - and there's also a Lincoln fan (me), Mansfield fan and Lewes fan.
emporium
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I support Nottingham Forest :elefant: <-- what the hell is this
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
A pink elephant?
pauldaboy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
A pink elephant?
but the pink elephant is also dancing.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Would have to ask in the About section. I don't get some of these new smileys either.
Davie_Moyes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Motherwell
Everton

I am a diehard Well fan. Ive only missed a couple of games this season. Im hoping to go to Canada next year if Motherwell have a tour of their

As for the Blues, 11 POINTS? WE'RE GONNAE WIN THE LEAUGE
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Isn't it something about the relative position of the handle as well? Cleavers allow you to bury more of the spoon but also means that you have to tap down better otherwise you'll crab. Our macons were slightly curved, if I remember rightly, but not as good as cleavers. Was a surprise going from the heavy novice boat with old macons to the fibreglass 2nd women's boat (1st women's would have sunk with a mixed crew ) with Croker blades! Coooooolness.
Elles
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
you're talking gibberish woman! :albertein

*sadly waves at Helenia..lost to the world of boatie...*

important issues - any nice rowing men spotted out on your river?
BazTheMoney
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
Isn't it something about the relative position of the handle as well? Cleavers allow you to bury more of the spoon but also means that you have to tap down better otherwise you'll crab. Our macons were slightly curved, if I remember rightly, but not as good as cleavers. Was a surprise going from the heavy novice boat with old macons to the fibreglass 2nd women's boat (1st women's would have sunk with a mixed crew ) with Croker blades! Coooooolness.
Yeah, the spoon of a cleaver kind of hangs from the shaft, whereas on a macon they sit higher on the shaft - halfway up. They allow you to have a flatter and longer stroke, maximising power.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by psychic_satori)
Well, you're neglecting the idea that if they had played like Ben in their less than three starts, it probably would have led to more appearances on the field.
Ben will, and probably has hit the rookie wall so to speak, as his stats show :p: But who am i to talk about stats *cough* eli *cough*
psychic_satori
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by PadFoot90)
Ben will, and probably has hit the rookie wall so to speak, as his stats show :p: But who am i to talk about stats *cough* eli *cough*
Oh, that's what people were saying 6 weeks ago. Anyway, I'm sure one day Eli Manning will make it on the field enough to have enough stats to judge him on.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1377)
79.5%
Leave (355)
20.5%

Watched Threads