Archive SPTM/0002/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
Rainy
Badges: 2
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)

Oh, I know i'm not. There are plenty, possibly yourself too from what you typed about the team you followed for 9 years.. that's good.
Liverpool have a.. I don't know, multi-cultural (if you will) support, although it's often joked that most of their supporters either come from Norway (see interviews on Sky TV before matches!), down South (some good examples on this forum) or from Ireland (can't blame them, it's cheap to fly over)..

I find that the standard of Liverpool fan from where I live (10 minutes drive to Liverpool itself) is quite shoddy. I mean, you need a bit of passion, you know? In fact, sitting in the pub this evening was quite comical, with a loudmouthed kopite ****ging off Kewell, Biscan, Cisse and Nunez within the space of 90 minutes! Regardless to say non of the other RS fans had a go at him.. Passion, that's what makes the game - Mmmmm, delicious :cool:
I think that's a pretty unfair thing to say. You go into one pub, and you find it quiet with people ****ging their own team off. But that's one out of how many? I don't have a clue why he was ****ging off those 4 in particular, as I thought they weren't too bad. Cisse looked quite sharp, Biscan worked his socks off, Kewell looked fresh for the first time in god knows how long, and Nunez wasn't too bad. The point is, if you'd gone into most other pubs, you'll have found Liverpool fans singing their hearts out. I should know that. I had been creeping into The Albert and Sam Dodd's for years before we had to move 'down south'. Now I'm only sad that I can't get to Anfield enough - last time was the Everton Derby ( ). So us down south have to try and go to the away matces as much as possible. But that doesn't make you less of a fan.

Perhaps it's just BS bitterness for this random vendetta? I know I would be, if the Bluenoses were rubbing it in my face that they've got into the CL Final. But then, part of me thinks, it's about time there were two real teams in Merseyside. You've played far better in the prem than we have. We've been too inconsistent, whereas you've been 'kicking the goals', as it were. Grudgingly, I think Fergie made good point in warning Mourinho of the horrors of the North.
Zurich
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
When I'm not working that weekend, yes!
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Congratulations to liverpool on a great result... do people think they have a chance in the finals whoever they face?
Oziris
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
*Ahem*

Liverpool 2001: UEFA Cup, FA Cup, League Cup. So there! :p:
And technically: European Super Cup, Charity Shield!
Guess thats ok then Charity shield and european super cup dont count, they are just 1 game :p:

Good luck to Liverpool in the final
awesome
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
wooden sticks
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well done liverpool... I'm interested to see who things they can actually win the final...

Can anyone explain to me why they don't have cameras by the goal line or something, or maybe even in built into the posts :confused:
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
Me, technically, as I was born and raised there for 11 years of my life. I've somehow lost my accent though. Bloody southerners.

So yeh, me me me.

*waves*
One of my friends is like that. Same accent as me but a Geordie supporting Newcastle.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
Congratulations to liverpool on a great result... do people think they have a chance in the finals whoever they face?
Against Milan, probably have less of a chance than Chelsea would. Over two legs I think Liverpool deserved to go through but bear in mind it was a mistake that put them through against a weakened Chelsea side. Next season there won't be any problems like this again. Also Liverpool should thank Chelsea for knocking out Barcelona. As usual the enemy of football is the unelected, undemocratic bureaucrats who are against any reform in verifying goals etc (e.g. goal line technology and video replays) and as a result a smaller club (and away) suffers. Liverpool have won the European Cup four times and many Premiership teams would love to be in such a position. Wait 'til next season...
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
WoooooLiverpool!!!!!!!!!
That's big coming from a Man Utd fan. Obviously you haven't lived there long enough or not at all. :rolleyes:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by BananaManUK)
LIVERPOOOOOOOOOOOOOL ,

CAN'T BUY SUCESS MOURINHOE
Absolutely. We knew this from last year when Manure got knocked out by a team who cost 1/10th of what they cost. What a pity Chelsea were knocked out the way they did, a dubious goal without their wingers.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by naivesincerity)
Thankyou Eider Gudjohnsson--poetic justice for cheating and putting Alonso out!!
Not bothering to consider one of your cry babies who got Joe Cole booked when in fact it wasn't a booking? C'mon Milan!
EPD
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Will Liverpool do it?
FTSE100
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
No, PSV will do through and win against them witha hugh margin.

ps i dont support PSV
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i really hope so
shazzam
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Milan to go allllllll the way :p:
EPD
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
You'd have thought people could be happy for English football and want them to win, however much they begrudge them going through. Evidently not though...
RK
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I hope so, but I doubt it for some reason
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Roger Kirk)
I hope so, but I doubt it for some reason
(ooo, one post off 100, congrats! hehe )
yeah, i do have a feeling of doubt although i'm very encouraged by last nights result. we'll see, i'm sure it'll be a good match to watch anyhow.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm saying yes... i don't know why, but i think they just might...
shazzam
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by El Pollo Diablo)
You'd have thought people could be happy for English football and want them to win, however much they begrudge them going through. Evidently not though...
Its not just Liverpool, I couldn't bring myself to support Manchester United in the final either
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (56)
19.31%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (117)
40.34%
Nope, not that interesting (117)
40.34%

Watched Threads