Turn on thread page Beta

Archive SPTM/0002/REC/HPOO watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    So Rangers and Celtic would be in it? But only two from Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and United?
    Well, depending on league size.. of course..

Which would mean one from Scotland, two from England (Chelsea and Arsenal), two from Spain (Real and Barca), two from Italy (AC and Inter/Juve?), two from France (Monaco and PSG/Marseille) and so on.. that would make it into the real 'Champions' league.. I'm critical of teams from positions 3 and 4 going into the CL, cos it devalues the competition a LOT -

But, as the rules stand.. that's how they will stay..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChelseaBabe)
    Exactly, if it works don't knock it. This time sadly it worked for Liverpool. They knew they couldn't allow Chelsea to score just the 1 goal. That would have been harder for them to recover. Pity Gerrard wasn't playing for us this time.
    CHELSEA CHELSEA, CHELSEA, CHELSEA....ITS GOING TO BE A REDDDDDDDDD DAYYYYYYYYY!!!!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Jose Mourinho

"The Best Team Lost"

Jose WE LOVE YOU! you are the coolest manager around! Long may you stay at chelsea! those scosers never scored and everyone could see it! the ball has to be 100% over the line and even from average shot angles you can see the ball did not cross it completely!

ReputationRep:
    It's amazing how these (possible) injustices have to occur to get the technology to prevent it from happening. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Banana man I would just like you to make a note that there were more english players playing for Chelsea than Liverpool. So I would say perhaps you have both pretty much BOUGHT success!

+ there was only a one player difference in player that the club has brought through. Chelsea: John Terry, I also it is fair enough to say Lampard as he has become 20 times the player he was at west Ham Liverpool: Gerrard and Carrager

What you saying is completele b*******s,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    It's amazing how these (possible) injustices have to occur to get the technology to prevent it from happening. :rolleyes:
    Awful, innit?

ReputationRep:
    It getting stupid now! twice this season now! and they still wont do anything about! when will the FA get into the 21st centuary, Chelsea lost millions due to injustice last night (though they dont really need it) but imagin it for a small team in the FA cup disastorous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enola)
    I don't think it was a goal.

However if the goal hadn't been given then Cech would have been sent off and a penlty given, so at least the 'goal' gave us a chance of getting back into the game.
    I bet you would not be complaining if you scored a goal in similar circumstances as ours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    Let's clear this up once and for all And no biased voting!

When I first saw it, I didn't think it was over the line, and was suprised it was given. But after seeing the replay, I think the linesman made the right decision. The defenders foot is so far over the line when he kicks the ball away, that I'm pretty sure it was in.
    Same here. I didn't think it was in at first, but after seeing all the camera angles you can see that it was clearly in.

ReputationRep:
    Warning: rude words

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../priceless.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Same here. I didn't think it was in at first, but after seeing all the camera angles you can see that it was clearly in.
    I'm certain that 100% of the ball wasn't over the line

ReputationRep:
    Michael Howard supports Liverpool :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afireinside©)
    Awful, innit?
    Imagine if England didn't win the World Cup because of something similar...

Yet other sports have technical assistants:

rugby league
    rugby union
    snooker
    bowls
    tennis (I think)
    F1

But not the most popular sport in the country. The governing bodies are always afraid of such reform. Yet it would save referees from being criticised etc so it's actually a help. Apparently, costs are so high. Funny how rugby clubs with finaces of League 1 football clubs can afford it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)
    Michael Howard supports Liverpool :p:
    And he's one of the biggest gobshites I know

(Original post by MrColin)
    Banana man I would just like you to make a note that there were more english players playing for Chelsea than Liverpool. So I would say perhaps you have both pretty much BOUGHT success!

+ there was only a one player difference in player that the club has brought through. Chelsea: John Terry, I also it is fair enough to say Lampard as he has become 20 times the player he was at west Ham Liverpool: Gerrard and Carrager

What you saying is completele b*******s,
    Liverpool
    English Players used: Carragher, Gerrard
    English Players: Carragher, Gerrard, Carson, Warnock, Welsh
    Academy Players: Carragher, Gerrard, Warnock, Welsh

Chelsea
    English Players used: Terry, Cole, Lampard
    English Players: Terry, Cole, Lampard, Johnson
    Academy Players: Terry

You may have had more english players on field (as Finnan, being Irish, doesn't count) but Liverpool included more english players in the squad.
    You will also note that in Liverpool's case, 4 out of 5 of such players came up through the academy - compared to Chelsea's 1 in 4.

Altogether, not only had the Liverpool squad a 'better' english-balance, it also shows how the academy is superior to that of Chelsea. Or, Terry vs. Carragher, Gerrard & co (and Owen, if you think about it).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afireinside©)
    Well, depending on league size.. of course..

Which would mean one from Scotland, two from England (Chelsea and Arsenal), two from Spain (Real and Barca), two from Italy (AC and Inter/Juve?), two from France (Monaco and PSG/Marseille) and so on.. that would make it into the real 'Champions' league.. I'm critical of teams from positions 3 and 4 going into the CL, cos it devalues the competition a LOT -

But, as the rules stand.. that's how they will stay..
    But teams that finish third or forth in some leagues are better than those who come top in other leagues

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    But teams that finish third or forth in some leagues are better than those who come top in other leagues
    Maybe so but it's a test of how good a team performs in their own league.. that's the whole idea of the CL!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrColin)
    Chelsea lost millions due to injustice last night
    :rolleyes: Even if it wasn't a goal, YOU DIDN'T SCORE. So even if the goal wasn't given, it's not like you would have gone through anyway. I'm amazed at how many Chelsea supporters seem to think they definately would have won if the goal wasn't given

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I'm glad someone saw what I was getting at. I was using this in comparison with the Liverpool/Everton scenario.
    The reason why World Cup winners have to play qualifiers is because not playing competitive games would seriously put the players out of shape.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by endeavour)
    The reason why World Cup winners have to play qualifiers is because not playing competitive games would seriously put the players out of shape.
    Why, don't they get games for their league teams?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.