Archive SPTM/0002/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
Slice'N'Dice
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
From the evidence given, I'm pretty sure the whole ball didn't cross the line. What I can say is that the ball was damn close to the line, and so Im not sure how that was given, and how the linesman can be 100% that the whole ball crossed the line =\.
I agree. From what I saw, maybe 3/4 of the ball was over the line, but I don't think that the whole ball actually crossed the line.
Jump
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
Just the normal 7.5% :rolleyes:

It's Boro fans all over. We're a lot happier and cheerful and sing a lot more at matches and stuff when we're getting beat or we're in a poor run of form.
Surely you get beat more in the prem than you did in the championship*...

* ****ing stupid name
Jump
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by jamieholmear)
terry didnt have a threat to deal with
Except the goal - failing to stop Baros and then Garcia, oh, and Cisse's one on one.
sb1986
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yes what a great thread, no afireinside allowed its just for us blessed liverpool fans
EPD
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I like the comment at the end of this http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/funn...bo/4493191.stm

"Can Liverpool win the whole thing? No, never in a million years. Like Greece and Porto before them, they simply can't do it."
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Watching the Milan-PSV game atm. Whoever goes through, I really believe we have a good chance of beating them
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
It wouldn't even be hard to implement - either that or they change the name from the Champions League to the 'The UEFA Champions, Runners-up, and others League'
Or back to European Cup?
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by endeavour)
Are there any photos on the net, using decent camera angles?
This is the problem. UEFA and the FA don't like video replays to be used in games. If they really cared for the game, they would start to think otherwise. Why does rugby league have goal line technology and football doesn't is an absolute joke.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by endeavour)
Arjen Robben came on. He did nothing.

Liverpool were missing key players too, and had players who had just come back from injury (Hamann, Cisse, Kewell).
Kewell has had more injuries than I have had of hot dinners.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Southampton's academy wipes the floor with Liverpool's.
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
And he's one of the biggest gobshites I know
agreed - he was visiting locally today as well
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm certain that 100% of the ball wasn't over the line
and so's some pundit from sky talking about it from the psv-milan game
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i didnt think it was fully over the line myself
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Imagine if England didn't win the World Cup because of something similar...

Yet other sports have technical assistants:

rugby league
rugby union
snooker
bowls
tennis (I think)
F1

But not the most popular sport in the country. The governing bodies are always afraid of such reform. Yet it would save referees from being criticised etc so it's actually a help. Apparently, costs are so high. Funny how rugby clubs with finaces of League 1 football clubs can afford it.

i wonder why the broadcasting companies like sky and ITV can't set up this technology even if its "just" video cameras by the goal mouth/ either side of goal, its easy enough for them to use it for their own benefit so why not fro refs!
its the least they should do after the amount of money they give for the games they get broadcasting rights for is diabolical
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/...=Football_Home

tech experts from sky sports created the pic - it shows that the ball didnt go completely over the line therefore under the rules it wasnt a goal
Piggsil
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Just thought I'd start this thread because nobody except me seems to really appreciate the legend who is Teddy Sheringham! He's awesome. He's 39 years old and he's still scoring goals by the bucket load. OK, so he can't run but he makes up for his lack of speed with an incredible football brain. Nobody can anticipate a pass like he can. I say, bring him back into the England squad upfront sitting just behind Shearer or maybe Defoe and we'll be unstoppable!
Teddy Sheringham: What a hero.
mc_watson87
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Tedddddddyyyyyyyy! :cool:
Rainy
Badges: 2
Report 13 years ago
Yeh, Teddy had class. As you say, he may have the legs, but he's still a smooth operator. And one of my footballing legends as he's the first player I can remember scoring a goal for England. *Sigh* yay for nostalgia.
Piggsil
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hooray! Some other Teddy fans out there!
He is so class!
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Cant be arsed reading through the whole thread but one thing, money CAN buy you success (and congrats to chelsea for it). But there's more to a football club than winning trophy after trophy...

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/52...57C85AE85A779B

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/gra...eg2/liver1.jpg

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/52...57C85AE85A779B

Spion Kop 1965 or 2005?

Like NO other club in these shores. Bill, Bob and Joe would've looked down on us with pride last night.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (79)
45.14%
Pro-humanity (96)
54.86%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise