Archive SPTM/0002/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
rachaelmarie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think it will be 4-0 because its guaranteed to rain at Old Trafford.

Seriously it depends on form, I think we can win, and play at the highest level, Aus might be able to keep it up for longer though
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Reloader)
if ur scoring 3,4,5 (or even 7) goals per game, who cares if u concede a few now and again. it's vice-versa for chelsea.
(& no i'm not a gooner)

but you wouldnt want such a huge lead cut down to a goal or a draw, and taking risks on defense sometimes doesnt pay off as arsenal nearly realised against 'boro (5-3)

its a travesty that Arsenal are not champions this season.
just because a team won by 7 goals doesnt mean they should be champions, they've let in goals against clubs they should easily defeat (southampton, crystal palace, west brom, man city - all draws) so if arsenal can beat a team like everton with their great season, then why can't they put a few more goals against relegation battlers / mid table. This is a major contrast to the Chelsea side, who have kept a great number of clean sheets and at times have shown a great attacking strength as well instead of "parking the bus in front of goal" which was a part of chelseas plan in the first few games of the season

chelsea's title is just so artificial.
this is a response from those teams who can't handle the quality of work chelsea put in - just because some teams can't have it their way they throw the bottle and the dummy out of the pram
take last season - arsenals "untouchable" league run saw them 11 points clear but clearly chelsea thought it was time for a change in management
mourinho has produce some players from bad/good to a shining example of what motivation can do (terry, lampard, duff, cole)
you can throw millions of pounds at a team and it wont matter one bit unless theres a good manager
remember porto beat man u last year in the CL and they had around 10% of the financial security

Arsenal are a true football club, run like a proper business, and still the team i would pay to watch.
some bits i agree with - like the business
chelsea havent spent money wisely (e.g. drogba, kezman, crepso's and veron's fee + wages while on loan, mutu) but they have invested money in assets like training ground, possible stadium capacity increase and are trying to break into the US and Asia markets (US tour last pre season, against J League champs? next pre season)
also as a fan, im not impressed by the cole tapping saga - kenyon and agents etc getting a bit too greedy/cocky for the sake of the club
im still not sure about the ferdinand tapping up row either - i can possibly understand a brief non arranged meeting seeing as RF comes from W. London (well West Ham) as well as Chelsea being in the same area as theres a possiblity two people who know each other may meet (its happened to me)

as for being a team i would want to watch - as long as costly simple errors are not made in defence then who wouldnt?

wow must be the longest response ive written
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i heard its around 70% now - dont worry man u fans - look at chelsea, then realise glazer wont have enough money for the teams needs
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
new: kezman to marseille http://skysports.planetfootball.com/...=Football_Home
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by fernando)
geremi to boro
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/...&clid=8&cpid=8
check the date
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by john williams)
Wow to get anything above 40 odd in snooker is amazing, as its really hard to consistantly pot ball after ball. Recently iv been playing snooker more than pool, but just cant seem to control the ball more than one at a time.
lol my 54 break was abit lucky i guess, it was mainly pretty easy red blacks I remember, and I kinda fluked the last black (meant to be a double but got a triple)
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i reckon though that it could work out as long as Man U have a good grip on the US market to counter balance any boycotts over here
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by material breach)
check the date
i know its a bit old but its still a possibly as he did have a good loan season with them before
Piggsil
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by rachaelmarie)
I think it will be 4-0 because its guaranteed to rain at Old Trafford.
:rofl:
Piggsil
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Glazer launches bid for Man Utd
..........meh............... :rolleyes:
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Maccarone going to Siena - http://skysports.planetfootball.com/....asp?id=276201

I don't know if you want the Yakubu rumour because it's more or less been confirmed in every paper for the last 3 months and isn't really a rumour anymore, but here's an article on it - http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_...html?gusrc=rss

Rene Aufhauser to...everyone really - http://skysports.planetfootball.com/....asp?id=274116

Hasn't been linked for a while but we were strongly strongly linked to Darren Fletcher a few months ago, a year's loan while James Morrison adapts to a season of Premiership football.
Agha Zain
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I play pool regularly but no snooker. I am addicted to pool

Zain
Agha Zain
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by zxczxc)
Alternatively, Everton have just had a bad day. Liverpool have more bad days, and are thus worse. Losing 7-0 once isn't as bad as losing 1-0 twice.
I think luck wasnt on the side of Everton. But I seriously think they should of have lost by a smaller margin.

Zain
Agha Zain
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think England should win one or two test to show that they are solid enough.

Zain
Agha Zain
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
.................."I am buying Real Madrid Tommorow".....................

"Someone wakes Zain up from Sleep."

Zain, Its time to wake up.

Zain
Agha Zain
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by rachaelmarie)
But unlike Rooney, he is a coach and should know how to keep a cool head. It was also more than swearing, it was a tirade and one of them was at a league offical.

Maybe he'll go back to Oz.

Yes, Coach should be very very cool minded in these cases.

BTW Nice picture Mark_kk.

Zain
Agha Zain
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
Any others..feel free to contribute! (make sure you give me link of article too!):cool:

In

Chelsea : Asier Del Horno, Essien, Adriano, Joaquin, Ferdinand, Kaladze, Dede, McCarthy , Gilardino
Arsenal : Lescott, Beckham
Man Utd : Luis Figo, Maniche, Ibañez
Everton : Scott Parker, Simon Davies, Emre, Van der Meyde, Aufhauser
Liverpool : Boa Morte, Joaquin, Figo, Evra, Reina, Aimar, Mintal, Kapo
Bolton : Hamann
Middlesbrough : Tudor, Van der Meyde , Davids , Yakubu, Aufhauser
Man City :
Tottenham : Ricardo
Aston Villa :
Charlton :
Newcastle : Boa Morte, Saha, Smith
Birmingham :
Blackburn : Forssell
Fulham :
Portsmouth : Smertin
Sunderland:
Wigan:

Out (to other leagues)

Chelsea : Veron (Inter), Crespo (Milan), Gallas (Barcelona), Kezman (PSV/Marseille)
Arsenal :
Man Utd : Ronaldo (Real), RVN (Real)
Everton :
Liverpool :
Bolton :
Middlesbrough : Maccarone (Siena)
Man City :
Tottenham :
Aston Villa :
Charlton :
Newcastle :
Birmingham :
Blackburn :
Fulham :
Portsmouth :
Sunderland:
Wigan:

I will link name to the newspaper article when possible. (Also, I know that many of these rumours are from dodgy newspapers. So if you find a link to the player that comes from a more reliable source, please tell me so I can update the new link). In terms of reliability it goes, at the top you get bbc..times etc, whereas at the other end you have tribalfootball, which links I won't post.

PS. Some links might be abit weird as the site itself may be updated so previous rumours may not show. If you have found one of these bad links, just post here and tell me.

Quite a nice list you have got there. Nice work.

Zain
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Thanks buddy! =)
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yep cool thread man
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
What about the Owen to Arsenal or Chelsea, or will he stick it out for one more season at Real?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1647)
78.77%
Leave (444)
21.23%

Watched Threads