Turn on thread page Beta

Archive SPTM/0002/REC/HPOO watch

Announcements

(Original post by Davie_Moyes)
    I am getting really tired of all these idiots that say Chelsea have bought the title, balls!

I am an Everton fan (obvious from the name) however, I would NEVER say that Chelsea have "bought" the league title. They have won the league because at times they have been abseloutely fantastic compared to have gash Arsenal and Man U have been at times.

The current Chelsea team is made up of mainly players that were at the club before Mourhino went to Stamford Bridge or of players he didn't buy e.g. Robben, Cech etc etc. Chelsea have won the league because Mourhino is a tatical genius and has made a crap Chelsea side under Raneri, become amazing.

The fact is, your team, Man U and the Kopties have spent big, and are still gash. :p:

COYB
    Few people on here are saying Chelsea have 'bought' the title. More that it's become an empty trophy for them. Once upon a time, the League meant something, now only the clubs with enough financial muscle have any chance of lifting it. When they do manage it, it's a sense of relief that the investment hasn't been pissed down the drain. They have played some 'fantastic' football, which is down to the players and manager of course. But would the players and manager be there if Abramovich hadn't bough Chelsea in the first place? I think not.
    You're right, the majority of players at the club are pre-Mourinho. But they're not pre-Abramovich. Mourinho didn't sign from Porto and magically bring £550million with him? As the majority of the players are, in fact, Ranieri's - it's perhaps a little unfair to call him crap.

Yes, Liverpool and Man U have spent big. In comparison? Very little. In the projected future, even littler? Face it, the title has only become viable for the team with enough resources. If Roman had spent £550m on Everton instead, it goes without saying that they'd be enjoying a similar amount of success that Chelsea are now. Ditto for Man U, for Arsenal, for Liverpool - same for most of the premiership. The teams below Chelsea are having to spend big, and you can hardly call teams like Arsenal, Man U & Liverpool gash. In recent years, they have enjoyed more success that Chelsea have this year. Chelsea have won 2 cups this year, one fairly mediocre. I wouldn't call it a decent return. All things considered, I wouldn't even call this season a particular success.

Chelsea do deserve congratulations and recognition for what they have achieved this summer. Why belittle them about it? But if you can't see that Chelsea could never have won the title this year without Abramovich, it's time for you to open your eyes.

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ca/4544245.stm

further links. As a chelsea fan, im abit surprised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ca/4544245.stm

further links. As a chelsea fan, im abit surprised.
    The Bafana Bafana marksman has said that he is keen to play in the English Premiership and almost went to Everton last season, before Porto terminated the deal at the last minute.
    B*stard Porto

ReputationRep:
    Trianos Dellas linked with EFC

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/...=Football_Home

ReputationRep:
    You wouldn't want McCarthy anyways!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    You wouldn't want McCarthy anyways!
    Yesss he wanted to join us before the Porto chairman veto'ed the move! :mad: Hurry up and make ur predictions *****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davie_Moyes)
    The fact is, your team, Man U and the Kopties have spent big, and are still gash. :p:
    COYB
    Even Birminham City spent bigger than Arsenal in the summer, and how far did they get?
    Do u seriously think Chelsea would be champions right now without that billionaire clown in charge?

ReputationRep:
    The most wealthy clubs tend to be the most successful. Look at the club rich list, get used to it. If you don't like £££ in soccer get involved in some sport that is not profressional. Then again, perhaps people are just bitter that the duopoly has finally broken.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rebecca/Becca)
    Harmison is so strange, this huge, gangly man and sometimes he just gets it so right and others he's all over the spot, I pray for his consistency over the summer. And please selectors, no Jimmy Anderson. Please.
    Anderson is a good bowler, it just does him no good to be sitting in the dressing room for 3 months. If he's not going to play, he should be getting overs in at Lancashire.

ReputationRep:
    the CL just isnt the same without Galatasaray. They have made more appearances in it than nearly all other teams in europe. Fener did well this year (won 3 games, scored 10 goals). That's better than liverpool who are in the final.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Then again, perhaps people are just bitter that the duopoly has finally broken.
    well if u prefer a monopoly, then it looks like you're gonna get one for many many many years to come.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awesome)
    hes bought it already
    not quite - needs 75% and has oround 71.8% last i heard

ReputationRep:
    It's a public company, if the fans really cared then they should have bought the shares.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reloader)
    well if u prefer a monopoly, then it looks like you're gonna get one for many many many years to come.
    There's hardly any evidence of a monopoly. It's not as if they're winning the Premiership, FA Cup, Champions League, League Cup, Community Shield and the European Super Cup every year is it? As I've said, there are other sports where there are more teams competing for titles, hurling is one of them.

I'd rather a new monopoly come over instead of having the usual two teams we've had for some time as a duopoly tbh.

Oh and about the finances of Chelsea, do you really think Man Utd would be as successful as they are now if they hadn't have become a plc in the 90s? Probably not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fernando)
    also this season (including charity shield) man united have defeated arsenal 3 times and arsenal have won once
    Man U are on a crappy run and Arsenal are on a wicked run. Sol Campbell is back! Our players are firing. I think the odds might be slightly in our favour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Man U are on a crappy run and Arsenal are on a wicked run. Sol Campbell is back! Our players are firing. I think the odds might be slightly in our favour.
    Finally Chelsea can have some competition. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zurich)
    Anderson is a good bowler, it just does him no good to be sitting in the dressing room for 3 months. If he's not going to play, he should be getting overs in at Lancashire.
    Sounds like a plan, Stan
    Man, cricket is sooooooooooo amazing!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rebecca/Becca)
    Sounds like a plan, Stan
    Man, cricket is sooooooooooo amazing!!

Tell me about it.

Zain

ReputationRep:
    I've noticed the lack of tennis threads on here... but there must be a few tennis fans around somewhere

I play a bit and i've got a club tournament coming up, i'm in the men's single's and if I scrape through the first round i'm up against the seniors :eek: (there's a lack of junior players) :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm amember of the Kilmarnock tennis club. Play quite a bit during the summer but am not good enough for tournaments.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.