Archive SPTM/0002/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
El Stevo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by clairey87)
Hmmm see I think you are right there....it's hard to figure out whether the team is off the pace or if it is just the drivers. Saying that, Ralf and Juan aren't going too well this year. You cannot compensate a bad car with a good driver and the other way around too.
Heidy is doing a good enough job with it....
The Colonel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by F1 fanatic)
Although a good car is much better at hiding a bad driver. Take JV for example :rolleyes:
JV is hardly been hidden he finished 6th in imola before dsqs and was well off the pace in AUS, MAL, BAH and ESP.
F1 fanatic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by The Colonel)
JV is hardly been hidden he finished 6th in imola before dsqs and was well off the pace in AUS, MAL, BAH and ESP.
I meant he was in a good car before. He won the championship because of his car - he never was a good driver & its being made blatantly obvious at Sauber where he is getting thrashed by a midfield driver team mate :rolleyes: - Massa's ok but hes hardly the next big thing :cool:
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by The Colonel)
thats more of an average car not exactly showering jacques in glory...
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I meant he was in a good car before. He won the championship because of his car - he never was a good driver & its being made blatantly obvious at Sauber where he is getting thrashed by a midfield driver team mate :rolleyes: - Massa's ok but hes hardly the next big thing :cool:
That 97 Williams (and dc taking schu out in argentina) is the only reason JV was WC
The Colonel
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
oh right kk agree with you on williams thing even Patrick Head who is usually so supportibve of his drivers :rolleyes: said he made heavy work of winning 97 title given the car he had
F1 fanatic
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by El Stevo)
That 97 Williams (and dc taking schu out in argentina) is the only reason JV was WC
Well Schumi got his revenge a year later... :p:

Although we really should stop hijacking this thread. We got the F1 thread after all :rolleyes: - shouldnt we go back to Karting/ local circuits etc?
clairey87
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
what do you think of no tyre changes?
The Colonel
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Good --> Bridgestone well off the pace --> not even schumi's driving can compensate --> open championship
F1 fanatic
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Its absolutely & completely stupid and should be changed immediately :mad: - it helps not a bit as far as racing goes and makes pit-stops look retarded. The sooner they change the better :mad: - see F1 thread for further ranting on the subject. :mad:

Although Colonel you have a point on the bridgestone issue but I never said that
clairey87
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Poor tyre changing blokes hanging around in pit-stops trying to look like they're doing something
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
But couldn't a lot of supporters make an organisation or something so they all share out costs etv between themselves to make an undesired takeover bid more difficult?
F1 fanatic
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Poor tyre changing blokes hanging around in pit-stops trying to look like they're doing something
mmm.. embaressing isnt it :rolleyes: - you have to feel sorry for them. Its like erm.... I can check the tyres. Ooh look that sidepods looks dirty... I'll wash it

Poor guys
clairey87
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It's just not the same. Sigh.
john williams
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
...as the fight gets under way who do you think will win? After watching Kindelan fight last month, there's no way he can lose, the mans class!
W*W*J*D
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i'm not a big boxing fan but go Amir Khan woo woo!!! lol
chats
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
when is it????!!!!!!!!!!!
chats
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
OK Khan will win!!!!
john williams
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Already started ITV!!!!!
joesharp
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Khan's doing very well, 6-2 up
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (694)
80.6%
Leave (167)
19.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise