Turn on thread page Beta

Archive SPTM/0002/REC/HPOO watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tkfmbp)
    you know.....as an englishman this is tough to say,
    dont worry man, at least you can admit rationally, Its kind of like when the Wallabies Play the All Blacks in New Zealand, its always going to be tough!

Keep the ashes, id rather not play and skip the embarrassment thanks...
    Dont mind if we do!

*sings*
    Gilly's gettin wickets, Punter's hitting sixes
    Warnie's just the best we've ever seen

C'mon Aussie c'mon, c'mon
    C'mon Aussie c'mon

lol, Gotta love Cricket songs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    dont worry man, at least you can admit rationally, Its kind of like when the Wallabies Play the All Blacks in New Zealand, its always going to be tough!

Dont mind if we do!

*sings*
    Gilly's gettin wickets, Punter's hitting sixes
    Warnie's just the best we've ever seen

C'mon Aussie c'mon, c'mon
    C'mon Aussie c'mon

lol, Gotta love Cricket songs.
    changed my mind.....grevious bodily harmison is gonna destroy you!

and if strauss can find the boundaries with the bat we may have a shout!

ReputationRep:
    well I guess we will see.

ReputationRep:
    Ive been riding about 12 yrs. Owned several neddies in my time but haven't got the time or money at the mo. I still teach during the holidays on a children's sports camp. Used to compete Adv Med Dressage but am more into racing these days. There's nothing as good as galloping a racehorse!

ReputationRep:
    Well I was 1-3 on my playoff predictions, with Indy being the obvious correct one. Even though we beat the Jets previously, I still have an awful feeling that the time for Ben to lose his first match will come when victory matters most. Even if we pass the Jets, I doubt we can overcome the Pats again, and definitely not the Colts. Our defense hasn't really been tested quite like how Manning would bombard us should we face them.

Colts vs Eagles for the Superbowl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikernes)
    Well I was 1-3 on my playoff predictions, with Indy being the obvious correct one. Even though we beat the Jets previously, I still have an awful feeling that the time for Ben to lose his first match will come when victory matters most. Even if we pass the Jets, I doubt we can overcome the Pats again, and definitely not the Colts. Our defense hasn't really been tested quite like how Manning would bombard us should we face them.

Colts vs Eagles for the Superbowl.
    The Patriots lost Ty Law for the season, though. Although, your of faith makes you sounds like a total Pittsburgher.

ReputationRep:
    I have been riding for 10 1/2 years. i don't have my own horse but would love one. in the future i definitely want to work with horses, even if its only a part time 2nd job! ideally i would like to go into eventing or endurance

ReputationRep:
    I've been riding for 13 years, but had a 5 year break!! (basically I was tld to get a job to pay for my lessons but was then working at the times I would have been riding) I started up again over the summer and have a lesson a week, I would love to have more but my finances just won't allow it!!

I'm really enjoying being back in the saddle, although the first couple of months were really painful!! I was amazed I could still remember everything (although I have occassional dumb lapses!!) I've always preferred jumping to dressage, mainly because I was always much better at it, it helped that the local riding school is very big on show jumping (they have a professional course builder based there and get a lot of the top show jumpers there over the winter to train their young horses over his courses)

I always wanted my own horse but could never afford it. Hopefully I'll win the lottery on saturday and I can buy one!! I used to look after my friends horse though, which was great, shame I don't speak to her anymore!!

ReputationRep:
    I could stop tonight in my jump lesson. That's never happened before. *Sends many congratulations and thanks to whoever invented Happy-Mouth american gags...*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Me2)
    i feel this part of the board is too football/rugby dominated!

who rides here?
    for how long?
    do you loan/own a horse/pony?
    recent happenings?
    future?

i've ridden for nearly 10 years, but have never owned my own, although i have shared 8 or so in my time... at the moment im having brill jumping lessons once a week and i have just returned from a jumping competition where one problem prevented me from being placed - but was generally good as the horse loves jumping, but gets rather excitable/psycopathic! so no-one wants to ride it in competitions, therefore it is rather inexperienced. jumping in another comp next sunday a little higher this time
    I am just learning, and taking two lessons a week. It is SO hard; I just cannot get the hang of trotting. My ass seems unwilling to leave the saddle when it should.

Horse riding is very difficult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    I am just learning, and taking two lessons a week. It is SO hard; I just cannot get the hang of trotting. My ass seems unwilling to leave the saddle when it should.

It gets easier. Honest...just your muscles have to develop to allow you to do the whole rising thing. But canter is way better. Almost like dancing. Or sitting in an armchair if you're riding my old horse. What sort of lessons ae you having to learn? I learnt on the lead rein but then again I was 7. Older people at our yard learn on the lunge.

Wait til you start jumping though. It's like flying...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)

Wow, well done you, just keep it up and you'll get the hang of it. Once you've learnt you never forget it either. I definately think trotting is the hardest thing to learn, once you've got that you'll be well away. Having two lessons a week will really help too, give you plenty of practice!!

ReputationRep:
    Bah! I hung around for an hour after Shameless finished waiting for C5 coverage to start, then when it finally does I have to endure boring banter between the ultra-dull English dude, and the knowledgeable-but-monotone American guy. I probably watched about 10 minutes of the first quarter and fell asleep. I woke up at the end of the 3rd quarter with the TV still on, saw that St Louis were leading 17-7 and happily went back to sleep.

In a way I'm glad that we have a chance to be the team with the single best record (if Maddox doesn't screw up), although it would have been cool to say we were the only team to beat Philly AND the Pats. Am I asking for too much?

Bring on the post-season!
    lol, perfect description of 5's american sports team

ReputationRep:
    Now she's got a head injury to contend with.

Ellen MacArthur

Add to that her major fatigue, it would be an immense achievement to complete the challenge. I hope she isn't forced to give up though.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, how poor were the Steelers? In the first quarter our offense was strong, with an amazing defense. Then it all went wrong for Ben. I'm pretty confident though that without all of our mistakes, we would have beaten the Jets comfortably. Ben has acknowledged that he was on an off-night, so hopefully he just got all of his rookie mistakes out of the way in one game. I don't understand why people are so focused on Brien losing the game for the Jets. If it wasn't for silly mistakes, they wouldn't have been anywhere near in a position to steal victory with a FG.

Here's to hoping we can regroup and take on the Colts next week (who are easily gonna trample the Pats :p: ).

ReputationRep:
    wow falcons wreaked the rams- i thought it was going to be much closer. Hoping the vikings can come back in the second half against the eagles, dunno if it will happen though.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, how poor were the Steelers? In the first quarter our offense was strong, with an amazing defense. Then it all went wrong for Ben. I'm pretty confident though that without all of our mistakes, we would have beaten the Jets comfortably. Ben has acknowledged that he was on an off-night, so hopefully he just got all of his rookie mistakes out of the way in one game. I don't understand why people are so focused on Brien losing the game for the Jets. If it wasn't for silly mistakes, they wouldn't have been anywhere near in a position to steal victory with a FG.

Here's to hoping we can regroup and take on the Colts next week (who are easily gonna trample the Pats :p: ).
    Yeah, the team gave elderly Pittsburghers heart attacks last night. I was expecting the team to struggle a bit, since most of the starters had two weeks of rest, but I didn't expect them to do as poorly as they did. Duce Staley had a great game...he was about the only Steeler who I felt gave a stellar performance (Jeff Reed, too ).

I'm looking forward to next week. I hope the Steelers play the Patriots, because I think it will be easier for the team to beat them, especially with Ty Law out. That, and I enjoy it when golden boy Tom Brady fails.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    wow falcons wreaked the rams- i thought it was going to be much closer. Hoping the vikings can come back in the second half against the eagles, dunno if it will happen though.
    the vikings lost and I am sad my second favorite team. Not surprised, though, since that's their schtick..."Get lucky, build false hope, and disappoint." I just be used to the let down by now, lol

I just hope someone takes down the Eagles. Death to Philly, I say!

ReputationRep:
    american football is stupid!

dont neg rep me please!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychic_satori)
    the vikings lost and I am sad my second favorite team. Not surprised, though, since that's their schtick..."Get lucky, build false hope, and disappoint." I just be used to the let down by now, lol

I just hope someone takes down the Eagles. Death to Philly, I say!
    i agree, i was all for the viks. Not that impressed with the eagles. They beat a 9-8 team. So what?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.