Turn on thread page Beta

Archive SPTM/0002/REC/HPOO watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Justin Wilson did score a provisional pole when they had friday qualy as well as saturday qualy 2003 ( i think) it was a really random hour canada of the like where it rained for almost the whole session and dried up at the end when the inardi's came out i remmember it quite well lol!!!

And OMG if i ran into max moseley i would murder him for mudering the sport i love!!!

ReputationRep:
    Im very much into motorbike racing, both WSB and motoGP. I really cant stand F1, I find it rather boring. Its like follow my leader racing, no one overtakes. They need to make the cars smaller, a bit slower and ban traction control, that will make it far more fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    But couldn't a lot of supporters make an organisation or something so they all share out costs etv between themselves to make an undesired takeover bid more difficult?
    Shareholders United. Even then, the comibined money isn't going to beat the 'big boys' who run hugely sucessful businesses.

ReputationRep:
    Well it's not now the new rules have been imposed.....follow my leader racing? Sounds more like a race involving Valentino Rossi to me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BexTait)
    Shareholders United. Even then, the comibined money isn't going to beat the 'big boys' who run hugely sucessful businesses.
    The dangers of being a plc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clairey87)
    Well it's not now the new rules have been imposed.....follow my leader racing? Sounds more like a race involving Valentino Rossi to me!
    I haven't seen that much over-taking in F1 of late, certainly not like it used to be. (I sound like my dad now).

But there's no shortage of action in Moto GP. I didn't see it as I was at Donington, but there was an almighty fight between Rossi and Gibernau on the last lap a few weeks ago. Compare that to the last laps of Imola, which fair enough were a good fight, but one car was well over a second a lap quicker and didn't have a hope of getting through.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misbah Imtiaz)
    you lot are just loving this aren't you?
    I feel sorry for all of the united fans

ReputationRep:
    He's turned Pro today.

Seems that the Cuban could have been given 20k to fight yesterday and didn't exactly "try".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zurich)
    I haven't seen that much over-taking in F1 of late, certainly not like it used to be. (I sound like my dad now).

But there's no shortage of action in Moto GP. I didn't see it as I was at Donington, but there was an almighty fight between Rossi and Gibernau on the last lap a few weeks ago. Compare that to the last laps of Imola, which fair enough were a good fight, but one car was well over a second a lap quicker and didn't have a hope of getting through.
    I dont think its ever been a sport where there is loads of overtaking. Its just the impression given as you only ever see highlights of the exciting bits.

And motorbike dude. Traction control is seriously overhyped as to the effect it has. You remove traction control and it would not make a blind bit of difference. Apart from anything else TC gives help in the wrong part of the corner for overtaking (ie mid to exit instead of turn in)

ReputationRep:
    Man United deserve no sympathy. They've *****d themselves to the commercial world for the last 15 years. They're club isnt run by "the people", it's run by people wanting to make money, like Manger and McManus. They made their bed, now they should lie in it.

ReputationRep:
    I didnt like the way Frank Warren was talking after the fight, it was as though he was saying 'Khan is my fighter now, I have him. I call ALL the shots and no-one will interfere'. Khan looked a little quiet when listening to Warren talk, as though he was thinking '****, what have i done?'. And who wouldnt be dejected being under Warren's control?
    Being manager (20% of pay) and promoter (15% of pay). Trainer gets 10%, taxman gets upto 40%, Khan will be lucky to get 30% of his efforts. Boxing is full of snakes. Frank Warren tried doing the same to Mike Tyson back in 2000, but Tyson threatened to throw him out of the window of an 18 storey hotel. No-one fu(ks with MikeTyson!

ReputationRep:
    I have to admit that before the match, I didn't think that Khan was ready to beat Kindelan. But I was very happy to be proved wrong. He did really well, and it was nice to see the mutual respect between the 2 opponents. Good luck to Khan on his professional career and I hope he achieves his dream of becoming the youngest world champ, cos I reckon that he can do it!

ReputationRep:
    Who do u think's gonna win the SPL this season? I'm hoping Rangers will but it looks to be quite close which is good.

TT x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    I dont think its ever been a sport where there is loads of overtaking. Its just the impression given as you only ever see highlights of the exciting bits.

And motorbike dude. Traction control is seriously overhyped as to the effect it has. You remove traction control and it would not make a blind bit of difference. Apart from anything else TC gives help in the wrong part of the corner for overtaking (ie mid to exit instead of turn in)
    tell motorbike dude those motogp have traction control

ReputationRep:
    Go on Fulham, knock the scummers out of the premiership. You know you want to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alphapat)
    Go on Fulham, knock the scummers out of the premiership. You know you want to
    Wait a second. I got that completely wrong. I want fulham to lose. what am I thinking? :confused: :confused: :confused:
    Play up united. There thats better

ReputationRep:
    AAARRGGHHH. I didnt mean it Fulham. stop winning. Please

ReputationRep:
    Alphabet are you having a private conversation or can anyone join in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Colonel)
    Alphabet are you having a private conversation or can anyone join in?
    Feel free to contribute. I'm just getting confused with the bottom of the table battle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Stevo)
    tell motorbike dude those motogp have traction control
    That is a good point :rolleyes:

Motorbike dude those motogp have traction control :p: :p:

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.