Archive SPTM/0002/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
tis_me_lord
Badges: 14
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by TheSun)
I'm sorry, but one competition doesn't make up for a season of Premiership failure. I'll be disgusted if the National League qualifying places are disrupted just because Liverpool won the Euro Cup. BTW, I'm not really sorry.
Who do you support?
idiopathic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Should have been Chelsea in the final. They'd save the embarrassment of English sides not doing too great in the competition.
Still bitter I see. And yes, Chelsea should have been in the final, if they were actually good enough to beat Liverpool.
veryjammy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
God I'm sick of bitter Everton fans and I'm a Utd supporter. Liverpool premiership failures? How many more points did you have than them at the end of the season? And I would say them beating Juventus, Chelsea and AC Milan makes them more deserving of being in the competition than Everton
rachplatt
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
That was immense! I feel sick! Absolutely fantastic though!
white_haired_wizard
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Lol - im delighted for Liverpool. Whoever was the initial poster? **** me - im a man utd fan but im over the moon - england teams always lose big games...and it makes a damn nice change - i feel like getting píssed
tis_me_lord
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by veryjammy)
God I'm sick of bitter Everton fans and I'm a Utd supporter. Liverpool premiership failures? How many more points did you have than them at the end of the season? And I would say them beating Juventus, Chelsea and AC Milan makes them more deserving of being in the competition than Everton
Let's see how Everton would compare in that match? :rolleyes:
Herleif
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
come on liverppooooool
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by veryjammy)
everton, having finished 4th, are deserving of qualification.

it doesnt however say that winning the competition means you qualify.

surely on your logic utd shouldnt be allowed anywhere near a european competition. duncan ferguson beat you :p:
technik
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by wizard)
Lol - im delighted for Liverpool. Whoever was the initial poster? Fúck me - im a man utd fan but im over the moon - england teams always lose big games...and it makes a damn nice change - i feel like getting píssed
what? always lose big games? man utd fan?

take it you are therefore younger than 6 years of age?
TheSun
Report 13 years ago
Obviously I'm an Everton fan. I dont quite see your logic as to why Liverpool haven't failed this season. We were relegation fodder, now we're in the Champions League qualifiers. Liverpool are Champions League champions, and they haven't even qualified for next seasons tournament. Plus, the amount of luck they've had in this tournament is unbelieveable, I'm not disreputing that they played very well, because they have done, but noone, not even the most stalwart Kopite can deny their almost guardian fortune. Personally, I believe the team to have played consistently throughout the season deserves the spot, and as for feats, I believe Evertons feat of 17th to 4th in one season to be much more impressive than Liverpool's 'play well in competitions and thats that' approach.
Jump
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by TheSun)
Obviously I'm an Everton fan. I dont quite see your logic as to why Liverpool haven't failed this season. We were relegation fodder, now we're in the Champions League qualifiers. Liverpool are Champions League champions, and they haven't even qualified for next seasons tournament. Plus, the amount of luck they've had in this tournament is unbelieveable, I'm not disreputing that they played very well, because they have done, but noone, not even the most stalwart Kopite can deny their almost guardian fortune. Personally, I believe the team to have played consistently throughout the season deserves the spot, and as for feats, I believe Evertons feat of 17th to 4th in one season to be much more impressive than Liverpool's 'play well in competitions and thats that' approach.
What looks more impressive in the trophy cabinet 'old big ears' or a 'improvement certificate' made by Moyes in MS Word.
sqa7
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Hana_87)
haha whats that doing? :confused:
thats doing a dance exactly like the one Cisse did

I can't believe Shevchenko didn't score...

Dudek - OMFG what a FCUKING amazing DOUBLE SAVE

Dudek - My Hero

--

Liverpool did what Man U couldn't

Well done Liverpool from a Man U supporter! :cool:
TheSun
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Jump)
What looks more impressive in the trophy cabinet 'old big ears' or a 'improvement certificate' made by Moyes in MS Word.
We're talking about achievment here, not awards. Moysie, with a bargain basement squad and the best player long gone, managed to beat the champions league champions.
technik
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
should be noted everton had one of the best teams around in the 80's but got shafted by the euro ban caused by some of liverpools finest on tour in belgium.

theres more to it than simple sour grapes about who was 4th and 5th this season.
stratomaster
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well done Liverpool. If they had that form in the league they'd have the premiership as well.
silence
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Should have been Chelsea in the final. They'd save the embarrassment of English sides not doing too great in the competition.
chelsea shouldn't have been there - they failed to score a goal in both of the two matches against liverpool. and you can only win a football match realistically if you score at least one goal.
idiopathic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
2 main points I want to make:

1. Many argue that even the World Cup winners must now qualify to defend their crown in the next tournament. However, this scenario is significantly different imo, because Liverpool have not actually had a chance to qualify yet, AS THE EUROPEAN CUP WINNERS. Sure, they've had the chance to qualify through the league, but they were not current winners then.

2. Some also say that Liverpool should not be allowed because the CL should be for the Champions of each league - but that just can't work - either we must eliminate all the Arsenals, ManUtds, Milans (!) etc from entering next season and only allow the league winners, or we squeeze in an extra spot for the European Champions.
TheSun
Report 13 years ago
Although we were barred from the competition due to Liverpool fans acting like animals, I don't think that should be the main focus of the incident. I say let that go and focus on the future - we are the new top dogs on Merseyside!
stratomaster
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
errr Liverpool are the champions of europe.... i'd say they're the top dogs in bloody Merseyside!
stratomaster
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
They should because Real did a few years ago when they finished 5th but won the cup...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (669)
80.7%
Leave (160)
19.3%

Watched Threads