Archive SPTM/0002/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
Aplin
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ok guys... just keep the cup warm for Chelsea next season... and Gerrard for that matter
lovemachine
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
god damn, that was one amazing match. liverpool deserves it...DUDEK is the man!!!!!!
6 to 8
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Here

What....a.....stadium
lovemachine
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
to all the haters....wether it was luck or not ( id say alot of skill and some luck along the way) the championship is with liverpool....Better luck next season!
Janealams
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
SHe played about 6 months ago, lost and threw in the towel again... aint heard anything since then tho!
Ya but she is still not fit to take the challenge.. I just wish her to be match fit as soon as possible coz its lovely watching her on court.
Janealams
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by stratomaster)
Henman's forehand goes long and he is out.

5-7 7-6 (7/2) 3-6 4-6
I said b4 too he cant win a major he just dont have the potential plus now he is running out of age.
Last time he has the best chance to win was in 2003 when he was playing really well now even if he reach quater or semi of a grand slam it would be a big achievement.
Janealams
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by stratomaster)
I think justine henin is gonna win the women's title. She's the best women's player in the World and she's recently come back from injury :cool:
Best player in the world :rolleyes: wat abt Maria dude i know she lost to her last time but that was just not her day i wld say still Maria is the best n im talking abt current tennis
TheSun
Report 13 years ago
Haha, Liverpudlians are always so arrogant - we're liverpool, so everything should change to suit us or we'll moan. Glory days are long gone, you wont see this happening again for a loooong while. Pathetic.
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I would rate Maria 4th best on clay. It's her weakest surface although she is improving on it. I would love to see her win but I reckon it will be Henin or Clijsters depending on if the injury holds up
The Colonel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Liverpool mite as well have Arsenals place seen as arsenal never do anything useful with it.. :p:
paymaster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Liverpool have been fantastic in the knockout stages of the CL. They are now the Champions of Europe, and as such deserve some chance to defend their title. That's what I would say about the World Cup as well, but Sepp Blatter has other ideas!

It's the FA's decision at the end of the day. When Real Madrid won in 2000 but came fourth in the League, the Spanish FA chose to give them the automatic group stage place - with fourth placed Zaragoza forced to go into the UEFA cup.

I was trying to look up the answer on the UEFA website, and they post an interesting caption to one of their photos: 'As current holders, Paolo Maldini and AC Milan will be back to defend the competition they won at the end of the 2002/03 season'

Here's what UEFA say:
At the request of the national association concerned, the UEFA Champions League title-holders may be entered for this competition, as an additional representative of that association, if they have not qualified for the UEFA Champions League via the top domestic league championship. If, in such a case, the title-holders come from an association entitled to enter four teams for the UEFA Champions League, the fourth-placed club in the top domestic league championship has to be entered for the UEFA Cup.
Moonie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Suppose they should get a bye to the final, eh?

Yeah Mr G Vialli (Ex Chelsea) seems to think so. Yeah C'mon Liverpool

:adore: :champ: :party:
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
no they won the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL but they arent champions, wat an utterly S T U P I D question.
Janealams
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Economist)
I would rate Maria 4th best on clay. It's her weakest surface although she is improving on it. I would love to see her win but I reckon it will be Henin or Clijsters depending on if the injury holds up
if anyone other than maria has a chance i wld say 1.Mauresmo 2. Henin
no way clijsters even if she is 100% she just cant even dementieva is playing better than her.
Né Stig
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Wow! What a game. For the first time in my life I was a Liverpool fan yesterday. Willing them on like I did for the gooners on Saturday. Top notch Liverpool. They did the premiership proud.
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Oh my god! Was in Liverpool last night and it was mayhem! Bloody brilliant if not slightly scary.
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Carragher! I thought he was going to die on that pitch...he worked his arse off till the very end

Same with Gerrard, every member of the team just kept working at it. amazing.

I had my doubts that liverpool would win, they had shown great resilence against juventus and chelsea but I didn't think they had the attacking force to score against a side like AC Milan. Was proven right in the first half and Milan ripped them to pieces, their pace and skill was unbelievable.

But they had it in them, it wasn't pure footballing skill more determination and hardwork which paid off.
mivoy
Report 13 years ago
congrazt liverpool
Agha Zain
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Very nice performance from Liverpool. Nice work.

It was a very very exciting match

Zain
mivoy
Report 13 years ago
sick match congrazt 2 pool
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1377)
79.5%
Leave (355)
20.5%

Watched Threads