Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i fence epee but I'm pretty sure there's already a thread on fencing.

try doing a search.

ReputationRep:
    fencing, quite frankly, is pathetic

ReputationRep:
    for me it'll always be the gers. "simple yet ornate"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FTSE100)
    Robinho, Frey and Lucio.
    Robinho dismissed the claims - still think he wants to go to Read Madrid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Ah yes the first team to play no single Englishman in the 16 man squad. They couldn't beat us this season and both teams are expected to strengthen in the summer so you can hope all you like. Was expected to get beaten at Old Trafford with a fair few 'reserve' players but looked what happened. :eek:
    as much i hate to say this as we support chelsea - but i think chelsea were the first team to have an all non english squad under either gullit or vialli..perhaps it could have been first 11

ReputationRep:
    Guilly - what makes you say that?

No, I am not a fencer, but I am interested in all MA's and anything to do with weapons

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    Brazil are still getting the chance to retain their trophy in 2006,
    Liverpool had their chance, an entire season. It's their own fault.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    what are the dates? I've always wanted to go. Maybe a tad too posh for me though :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phonicsdude)
    He is favourite ..ahead of Federer!
    No Federer is slight favourite

ReputationRep:
    York - posh....those words dont go together!

Dont bother going - York will bore the hell out of you!

ReputationRep:
    im not quite sure why i dont like it. i guess its cos i like fighting sports...and i have nothing against sports which are non- violent (football, tennis etc..). but i mean fencing just seems like one of those sports where u battle each other without ever really having to deal with any pain.seems like style over substance to me, and u cant use it in real life situations...unless u carry a sword around with you :rolleyes:

and besides all the fencers ive known have been wanks that love to brag about theur fencing as if it made them something special...but were actually all skinny little nerds that would never have been able to stand up for themselves in a real life situation
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    I may be moving to York actually, I hear it is quite nice.

I was more thinking of Royal Ascot and the premise of wearing a skirt/dress.

ReputationRep:
    Its quite nice, but boring as sin, depends what you want really doesn't it?
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    How is it boring? I'm not a student so I'm not really interested in the whole 'going out clubbing and getting off your face'. I've been there and done that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Sampras lost in the second round at his last Wimbledon actually. Bastl in 5 sets and Hewitt lost in the 1st round before winning Wimbledon later that year
    one way or another such things did happen but that doesnt prove Sampras was or Hewitt is not a great player.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phonicsdude)
    He is favourite ..ahead of Federer!
    It can be a tough match but federer playing at his best very difficult to beat.

ReputationRep:
    Well, what exactly would you class as lively and interesting? RedBoats going down the river, guided tours through the dungeons? Whatever, York is not a "happening" place!

ReputationRep:
    No-one can even match Federer at his best apart from maybe Safin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    GK - Timo Hildebrand or Andreas Isaakson
    Attack - Gilardino - wishful thinking
    Hildebrand recently signed a new contract even though he knew there was interest from other clubs. he thought about leaving but i think hes staying at stuttgart now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robbieblake98)
    Roy Carroll, Beckham
    roy caroll got released yesterday by man u. so he'd be free bit of a downie though. Defo a new keeper needed (niemi maybe?) and otherwise micheal essien and shaun wright philips are potential targets i think.

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.