ReputationRep:
    do the smart thing. open an ISA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    do the smart thing. open an ISA.
    ditto

£3000 safe straight away

ReputationRep:
    boxing/muay thai....most other sports are just substitutes for agression. boxing and muay thai forgo the ******** and just concentrate on pure war and battle. theyre also the sports that require the most discipline and the most strengh in combination with endurance...

for example an average pro boxer will have to eat a very strict diet, run at least 5k per day and do alot of strength trainning. and this is before they even get to boxing practice. not to mention theyre putting theyre life in the line in the ring

ReputationRep:
    i'm being optimistic and I think he'll break all of sampras's records except the record number of wimbledon's. That just seems impossible to break. have I spoken too soon?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.fifa.com/en/mens/statisti...y-2005,00.html how the hell are the us tied with italy? Ok, they went to the wc qf but please, greece won the euro and germany reached the wc finals (19). Guess the saying is true. Americans rule the world.

ReputationRep:
    i'll reserve judgement until he does it against a better team like holland or sweden

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    i'll reserve judgement until he does it against a better team like holland or sweden
    forget that wait till next season hes gonna shine for united...having seen many of his games in the reserves and first team....as long as he keeps his head hel be brilliant because he plays with the same passion for united as gerrard does for liverpool, and keane does for united so i feel he will be a first-teamer next season especially as giggs will start to need to be rested some games

ReputationRep:
    he did much better than most others, although carrick was quite good, and james didnt help his cause in trying to win back no. 1 keeper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    I doubt theyll allow it either.
    If Monaco, as a country in its own right, can play in the CL as a 'club' then I can't see why not. Yes I know they're in the French league...

ReputationRep:
    richardson has scored more goals for england than united hasnt he?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raindance)
    Every team in the world is entered in qualification for the World Cup. Hence the 'World Cup'. Not every domestic football club in Europe is automatically given the chance to qualify for the Champions' League.
    that's total rubbish; every top flight team in the whole of Europe is given the opportunity to qualify for the Champions' League. they're given an entire season to prove that they are capable of doing so.

in the EPL liverpool have proved they are not good enough. in the CL they have proved that they are.

so the precedent that uefa/fifa have set in the WC and Euro champs must be follwed...the holders must qualify!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reloader)
    that's total rubbish; every top flight team in the whole of Europe is given the opportunity to qualify for the Champions' League. they're given an entire season to prove that they are capable of doing so.

in the EPL liverpool have proved they are not good enough. in the CL they have proved that they are.

so the precedent that uefa/fifa have set in the WC and Euro champs must be follwed...the holders must qualify!
    Read the very first post...

"1. Many argue that even the World Cup winners must now qualify to defend their crown in the next tournament. However, this scenario is significantly different imo, because Liverpool have not actually had a chance to qualify yet, AS THE EUROPEAN CUP WINNERS. Sure, they've had the chance to qualify through the league during the 04-05 season, but they were not current winners then."

ReputationRep:
    Didn't know that Czech Rep is 2nd best in the world. =o

ReputationRep:
    this thread is useless now since we are basically gonna play in it next season now anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sb1986)
    this thread is useless now since we are basically gonna play in it next season now anyway
    OMG I want your avater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where did you get it?!? I want it!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Probably. [http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/...stm?display=1]

I think this debate has been swung in Liverpool's favour, due to the dramatic way in which they won. Had they have scraped a 1-0, or even won 2-0, I doubt Uefa would've still been interested.

ReputationRep:
    lol sam that was a swift change!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    Didn't know that Czech Rep is 2nd best in the world. =o
    They always do well in Qualifying. The ranking system is a bit strange as well

I gave Richardson a 7, he took his goals.

ReputationRep:
    Roger Federer beat former champion Carlos Moya 6-1 6-4 6-3 to reach the quarter-finals of the French Open for only the second time.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/4591857.stm

I think Federer could equal or beat Sampras's 7 wimbledon titles... he's going for his 3rd consecutive title this year and it's like no one can beat him on grass! There's not many players who could on grass either.

ReputationRep:
    I'm possibly going to the first day of the test match at Chester-le-street next week!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.