Archive SPTM/0002/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
Janealams
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Exactly this is wat i was especting wat i asked the Q abt Sampras n Federer.
everyone is comparing him with Sampras i dont think he will be able to break sampras records or u can say dont wanna believe .
As tennis is becoming more n more faster game with the passage of time i think its hard to stay as long as sampras did plus 8 Wimbledon is a big task.
But certainly we cannot see anyone in current tennis to really challenge him at the same time prize money is not the issue anymore for him atleast i dont think so its all about records n pride now.
Sampras was a complete player Federer still has a long way to reach his legacy and as economist said his serve is still no way near to Sampras.
Piggsil
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Sven.
Bezza
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by guilly)
but the other one (the one originally given in the link) is fake and it IS valuev against a tiny hispanic guy who IS oscar larios (u can even see the name on his shorts). the name of the picture given on this site says it is valuev vs. bob mirovic. mirovic is a fat 20 stone WHITE australian not the guy in the picture. so yea the picture in the original link given is fake
oh yeah, hadn't realised it was supposed to be a different fight - sorry!! I'll agree that it's definitely not mirovic, but I would have thought the guy in the pic was too dark skinned to be larios http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Media/OscarLarios_Big.jpg
sugardaddy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by imasillynarb)
He would be hard to beat just because of his sheer size, but it ultimately just depends on how good you are at fighting.
Damn right -- size doesn't matter.

In this particular subject that is :rolleyes:
mc_watson87
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Phonicsdude)
Henin looks shaky, but is still in it...!
Can't see her winning it, despite being the favourite everywhere! :eek:

For me it's between Sharapova and Ivanovic.
Lucas
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
mmm quite simply...yes they should!!! the name says it all "CHAMPIONS LEAGUE"!!!!
Lucas
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
arsenal should buy michael owen and sean-wright philips...they would both fit perfectly into arsenal's system..

owen requires the ball to be played along the ground, not really one to be wanting masses of crosses into the box..
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Robinho

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...63#post2204463
Piggsil
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
WEST HAM all the way!!
fernando
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Eto'o to United?
Here

Hargreaves to move to Premiership?
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/...sp?hlid=281518

Inter deny Adriano move
Here
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Henin scrapes thro again, just beating Kuznetsova:

7-6 4-6 7-5

Really looked like she was going out... was 5-3 down in the third, but Kuznetsova threw it away!
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Given that the sporting event in question is Australian the sporting public in Papa New Guniea are somewhat fanatical about Rugby League - Even madder then Geordies about football!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Fiercest origin passions erupt in PNG
May 25, 2004
Page Tools

Sex scandals and other misbehaviour by Australian rugby league players barely rate a mention in Papua New Guinea where the nation is gearing up for its annual dose of sports mayhem.

The atmosphere in PNG when State of Origin comes around each year rivals any football fanaticism around the world.

When Queensland and NSW go head to head tomorrow night for the State of Origin, PNG will erupt in a passionate show of support for a game that has become something of a national obsession.

PNG's enthusiasm for rugby league, and especially the State of Origin, goes beyond the mere flag waving and tooting of horns.

Last year, television sets were hurled into the sea, fights broke out in the streets of the capital Port Moresby and there were reports of suicide and murder.

"I've heard of people taking hatchets to their own heads after a disappointing result in the State of Origin," a local journalist said.

But Port Moresby resident Alwyn Philemon said the State of Origin in PNG was primarily a chance for people to get together and party.
Advertisement Advertisement

"Normally everyone in my village comes together to watch the game. We put a TV outside on the street near the trade stores so that everyone can come to get drunk and support their team," Philemon said.

"Sometimes, usually if the Maroons lose, they will fight each other and people can get hurt.

"Sometimes there are fights between husbands and wives because the husband might go for the Maroons and the wife goes for the Blues and they start punching each other but usually it's a lot of fun."

In Port Moresby's Koki village, which sits on stilts above Moresby Harbour, television sets are placed strategically throughout the village to avoid confrontation with rival supporters.

Last year, several televisions were reportedly thrown from the village into the sea as disheartened Maroons supporters vented their frustration at a Blues victory.

Chairman of the PNG Rugby Football League Jim Robbins said Origin I was going to be "an absolute monster".

"You get households split as the passion for the game over-rides blood bonds," Robbins said.

"Rugby is a real passion here in PNG. It's not only the game of the nation but it has also, whether its true or not, been seen as a replacement for tribal warfare.

"The NRL is always on the box and always takes precedent over local sports. A game like soccer just doesn't have the same appeal for Papua New Guineans - it's frustrating for these people to watch a small round ball being kicked around for 80 minutes when often no-one will score anything."

For Alwyn Philemon, a victory for Queensland will provide good reason for celebration.

"Most people in my village support the Blues but I go for the Maroons because I support the Brisbane Broncos. The Maroons have good players like Darren Lockyer," he said.

"We usually bet six-packs of beer but this year I'll be betting a 12-pack on the Maroons."
The Colonel
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Never the toon is the best
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Woh Nadal was incredible against Grosjean!!

Tore him apart compleltly...

6-4 3-6 6-0 6-3
Phonicsdude
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Henin scrapes thro again, just beating Kuznetsova:

7-6 4-6 7-5

Really looked like she was going out... was 5-3 down in the third, but Kuznetsova threw it away!
She faced 2 match points,but cam back to win that game, hold her serve and on Kuznetsova's serve (:eek:) win 40-0.

What a fighter!
Avi
Report 13 years ago
getting robinho would be amazing. Especially being able to trump the likes of Real Madrid and Chelsea. Plus his self confessed wish to play with Henry could be an advantage. Just heard that Torres is a target as well http://www.tribalfootball.com/may/englsnews8300505.html
Avi
Report 13 years ago
too bad coria got knocked out..he's just not up to the same lethal level he was last year.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Phonicsdude)
She faced 2 match points,but cam back to win that game, hold her serve and on Kuznetsova's serve (:eek:) win 40-0.

What a fighter!
Lol, yea!
Janealams
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Safin V Robredo match started
whos gonna win?
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Janealams)
Safin V Robredo match started
whos gonna win?
Safin me thinx
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (386)
79.75%
Leave (98)
20.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise