Archive SPTM/0002/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
Avi
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
raul is the most underrated footballer, i loved him in his prime, ok he's going through a rough patch, but so do all footballers, but how can u forget his amazing years of service to real, especially in europe. However, I do agree that currently, he is getting the pampered status by Perez.
jiggaman7
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Raul is going througha bad spell at the moment......but noone can be called overrated if they hold the champions league goals record before the age of 25!!
he is class if you believe hes overrated watch the champs league game againt united when he scored two...he was awesome that night and his movement was so fantastic he had ferdinand and neville tied up in knots as to how to mark him
sugardaddy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Bezza)
The vegas final was last week - I'll tell you who won if you like!
Spoiler:
Show
Sergio beat peter in the final
No spoilers!

Otherwise there's a killer inside me.
S
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Nikolay Valuev is OK, he adds nothing new to an already dire heavyweight division.

About the Contender, I'm so glad he (see spoiler) won the whole thing, definitely deserves it. Out of the whole series though, I have to give credit to Alfonso, this guy had to gain nearly 16 pounds just to be on the show and he still performed amazingly.
Random.Girl
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Alcohol5%)
Well Welsh teams already play in the lower stages of the FA cup, that is a reason why the final is played at Cardiff.
#

Um, what? I thought the final was played in Cardiff cause it's the biggest 'neutral' place until Wembley is finished? Next year it'll be back at Wembley? (If it's completely finished of course)
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think personally, that Fifa or Uefa or whoever should have changed the rules last time, when real madrid couldn't defend their title (although the spanish league let them in instead of another side). The defending champions should be able to go through automatically the next year, they do in the world cup and stuff.
Rainy
Badges: 2
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by teamvillage)
So, if Liverpool had won the UEFA cup and qualified for the Champions' League, would they be so keen to defend their title? Does the winner of League Two demand the right to defend their title the next season? It's actually a minority of football competitions that the winner defends the next season!
League 2 is a league title, not a cup competition. You know full well that the Champions' League honour is far superior to the UEFA cup. I can't work out whether your post is pedantic or ridiculous.
RogalDorn
Report 13 years ago
I do Iai'jitsu/Iai'do with a bit of Aikido thrown in for good measure. Practising with a katana is always good for a laugh, especially when there's a group of white belt judo kids across the room from you.
Anne Auraque
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Fluffy)
The slopes at Glouceste are *****! Milton Keynes or the Snowdome in Tamworth are the best.

Plymouth has one too, it's fake mind. It has 3 different levels of difficulty, but it hurts when you fall over, not that I do! :rolleyes:
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Eru)
I think personally, that Fifa or Uefa or whoever should have changed the rules last time, when real madrid couldn't defend their title (although the spanish league let them in instead of another side). The defending champions should be able to go through automatically the next year, they do in the world cup and stuff.
The champions DO get an automatic spot in the competition next season no matter where you finish, as long as the league you come from is not Serie A, La Liga or the premiership because they have 4 spots which is the maximum. Only UEFA could have one rule for 3 countries and another for the whole of Europe because they never anticipated a team outside the top 4 could win the competition. UEFA rules say that in such a situation it is upto the national FA to make a decision which puts our FA in a difficult position but refuse to make a choice either way and keep passing the buck back to uefa (who subsequently pass it back!). However, the FA were all willing and ready to let the champions take the 4th spot last season when Man United, Newcastle (I think?), Arsenal and Chelsea were still in the tournament. When the national press were made aware of this the FA were quick to remove all reference to the decision from the website and made up some **** and bull story.

The TNS play-off idea is ludicrous and only underlines how much money has overtaken football.
Anth
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by little ninja)
Thanx. Well Im not going till next year so im still looking into it, but i guess having a dojo, especially with an aikido club, is quite important to me. well, very important, whatever my parents say. I'm looking at maybe Sussex or Keele. It will be really weird going to a new club though, i cant imagine leaving my dojo!

Thankyou xxx
I have found some threads on another forum about clubs in the Keele area. No sign of any Aiki, but theres a good list of styles. This thread has a list of styles in Keele and that area, and this thread is about JJ in Stoke, but mentions a club in Keele

Rogal - I have a book about Iaijitsu (Eishin Ryu), called Flashing Steel. The Art looks interesting, not only because of the swords, but because of the philosophical side of it
Freeway
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
and england didnt even take their best players, who are apparently in need of a rest
Phonicsdude
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Henin has taken the first set against sharapova 6-3. Henin broke her 3 (:eek: ) times, Sharapova broke Henin once.

Sharapova's first serves have looked very poor - I dont know the percentages but she must be on about 30% of 1st serves in. Only 3 double faults though...

ALLEZ JUSTINE!
james101
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
seems a waste to me, i think everyone is getting carried away with richardson, he was playing against a below strength USA team who arent anything special at ful strength
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Come on Maria! =(

Henin is playing amazingly!
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Phonicsdude)
Henin has taken the first set against sharapova 6-3. Henin broke her 3 (:eek: ) times, Sharapova broke Henin once.

Sharapova's first serves have looked very poor - I dont know the percentages but she must be on about 30% of 1st serves in. Only 3 double faults though...

ALLEZ JUSTINE!
Btw... she only broke twice and it was 6-4 and Sharapova's serve hasn't been that poor!
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Anne Auraque)
Who else supports a team outside the Premiership?
Yes.
Phonicsdude
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Sorry - she in fact took the first set 6-4.
She also won the second set 6-2 (:eek: )!!!!

She is through to the Semis, where, I believe, she will fave Petrova!

ALLEZ JUSTINE!
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Phonicsdude
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Btw... she only broke twice and it was 6-4 and Sharapova's serve hasn't been that poor!
You are right on the first two facts.
However, Sharapova's serve in the first set was dire. She improved her serve in the second set, but, to no avail. Sharapova played some wild shots in that second set. she had all but given up...

Justine was sublime!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (519)
80.59%
Leave (125)
19.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed