Archive SPTM/0002/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Henin as long as the injury holds up. She gets good support from the crowd as well
Janealams
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
she might not be 100% fit but still fav among remaining but so far its not been like predicted so u never know
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Massive favourite yes. Petrova chokes when ever she gets anywhere in a tournament, Pierce is by far past her best and Likhovtseva is inexperienced and unproven
Phonicsdude
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
My sig says it all really.
ALLEZ!
Anne Auraque
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Heres the American commentary from the game...

Alan Smithenstein has just punted a 30 yard up-field ball with mega spinnnnnnnnnnnnn! Alan plays for Nottingham Hotspurts in England, London.

Richardson scoops the sphere with a right toe instep slice goalwards and its in the netgoal!

Smash!

Zero to one.......and now a word from our sponsors.

Have you ever smeared a cream on your ringpiece that didn't take the swelling down?

Hmmm, we thought so.

That's why we produced RingAway (TM), the once a day application to take away ring pain.

Remember Ringaway (TM), when your sphincter turns inside out.........

Welcome back Soccer fans........its still zero to the one for team GB and those guys look as though they've been playing this game for at least 25 years.........what history, Chuck, what a history.

Yes, Aaron, what a history.

Whoa - Ashley Cole has been presented with a yellow marker card indicating its one yellow marker card before the sin bin termination route walk..........that guy needs to take a shower in the humble water.....he is buzzing like a soccer player on fire juice with carrot munch beaver.

And now a word from our sponsors.................

Have you ever had anal worts that weren't on your anal parts.......we thought so!

Thats why we invented Anal WortAwayEvenWhenTheyAreNotOnYour AnalParts (TM)......guys you can wipe this stuff on your top lip - its that safe.......got a wort on your ****? No Problem - just smear and smile...........in all good Walmarts from tomorrow..............

The goal defender for the British is mauling air again, Chuck.........................
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
hard question, do you mean like up and coming players or general talent in current squad?
Jump
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well over half the 'french' talent is from players shipped across from colonies in Africa.
So I definately wouldn't give it to them.

In terms of variety of players I'd say England, as the likes of Brazil and Spain don't produce players like John Terry and Steven Gerrard...

So I guess, Brazil wins for raw talent but I reckon England have the best materials from which to build strong teams.
Dr. Funkenstein
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Jump)
Well over half the 'french' talent is from players shipped across from colonies in Africa.
So I definately wouldn't give it to them.
To be fair a lot of them are born in the colonies and emigrate to France at a young age. Then they learn their trade, so to speak in France. Although, i don't think France has the best talent around at the moment.

I'd say either Brazil or the Dutch have the best talent at the moment. The Ajax youht academy is probably one of the best in the world, they've been churning out amazing talent for ages - although the Dutch domestic league is pretty terrible to say the least.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by jamieholmear)
Lets make a pact, if you stop calling us Chelski, we won't call you ManUSA ok?
Or Yankshester United or Manchester Buccaneers or whatever they call them these days....
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Colly)
The problem with United is that ultimately we need a new Roy Keane, and there just isn't that many around at the moment :rolleyes:
What about Scott Parker?
jamieholmear
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i think holland, for such a small country they just keep producing em!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I 'support' Cork GAA club.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by jamieholmear)
i think holland, for such a small country they just keep producing em!
And you compare that to a country with the population of Brazil...
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
And you compare that to a country with the population of Brazil...
But look at the infrastructure of South American countries compared to that of European countries...
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
What about Scott Parker?
or Veron? :rolleyes:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Jump)
or Veron? :rolleyes:
Scott Parker is well suited to the Premiership whereas Veron isn't. Just because he's not a big name doesn't mean he can't do well. When he was playing for Chelsea he did well for us so why not you?
Avi
Report 13 years ago
o yeah..another country i forgot to mention was italy...but their game doesn't really harness youngsters as well as other countries..just look at the averae age at ac milan and juve!
Avi
Report 13 years ago
LMAO hahaha....nice!
kpg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ferguson's biggest test will be to find a replacement for Keane and find a keeper good enough to finally replace Schmichael. Unfortunately for the mancs, there arent many options availible (well, except XAbi Alonso and Stevie Gerrard mwhahahahaha...)
silent ninja
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Lately, the guys who support Raul and are quick to boast about his stats, seem to say he's a great player because he "works hard, and fights for the ball." Those would be compliments if describing a defensive midfielder, e.g Makalele. But when you're talking about a striker, at the very least an offensive midfielder, describing him as "hardworking" is a sorry excuse-- you mean he's crap! "Hardworking" doesn't count for much if you're a striker and can never get a goal. How on earth this guy commands a first team place without turning up for 3 yrs is a joke. But then again I dont like Madrid and Perez's idea of Galacticos. The guy likes to pick the team and let the manager take the fall when things dont work. Why doesn't he just become manager since he thinks he knows best? Besides, which idiot, ambition-less manager would want to work for him? They dont deserve to succeed until they get rid of him; he's the only reason they have declined.

In defence of Beckham, he was by far the best player in the Real vs Barca spectacular-- Ronaldhino, Eto, Zidane, Ronaldo and co were all playing. Beckham has made the most of what he's got, he's a very smart guy with a bit of talent, but has made a lot out of it.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1111)
79.07%
Leave (294)
20.93%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed