Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sb1986)
    Carson is good. heskey and jonhson have had good seasons compared to glen johnson so they are more justified call ups than him.
    Pidgeley is better than Carson but we don't see much of him unless you watch reserve football. Johnson only got as many goals as he did from quite a lot of penalties, then he dives for some. Heskey is a has been. Make way for Rooney!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Pidgeley is better than Carson but we don't see much of him unless you watch reserve football. Johnson only got as many goals as he did from quite a lot of penalties, then he dives for some. Heskey is a has been. Make way for Rooney!
    Does Pidgely regularly feature in the under 21's more than carson? Glen Johnson is a 'would be, but wont be'.

ReputationRep:
    who thinks that michael carrick ought to be given chance in england first team.....on bbc1 yesterday alan hansen n that kept sayin how good he is....
    i think that this shud be a team worth tryin out....

GK....James
    3cb's.....terry campbell and rio (all three are too good to miss out)
    2 wing backs .....g.neville and Ash.Cole
    3CM's beckham gerrard and lamps (gerrard the central of the three)
    upfront obviously rooney and owen
    i know joe coles improvin but he has to establish himself that lil bit more cos i think that its not rite to miss out any of the three cb's mentioned above....
    i wud have 5 subs of.........
    robinson
    carragher
    carrick
    w.phillips
    j.cole
    i think AJ jus misses out....
    what u guys think...

Obviously you have a completely differing opinion to your club's manager, scouts, and owner. Don't you remember the scrap for Carson in January? But of course, you wouldn't want to remember another fight that one that you finished worse off in!

(Original post by InTeRRoGaToR)
    who thinks that michael carrick ought to be given chance in england first team.....on bbc1 yesterday alan hansen n that kept sayin how good he is....
    i think that this shud be a team worth tryin out....

GK....James
    3cb's.....terry campbell and rio (all three are too good to miss out)
    2 wing backs .....g.neville and Ash.Cole
    3CM's beckham gerrard and lamps (gerrard the central of the three)
    upfront obviously rooney and owen
    i know joe coles improvin but he has to establish himself that lil bit more cos i think that its not rite to miss out any of the three cb's mentioned above....
    i wud have 5 subs of.........
    robinson
    carragher
    carrick
    w.phillips
    j.cole
    i think AJ jus misses out....
    what u guys think...
    Go back a few pages. :rolleyes: :p:

ReputationRep:
    i have a better one........
    why do people go on about c.ronaldo when joaquin is jus as young but quicker and better?????

ReputationRep:
    THE MELON IS COMING

You have no idea what i am talking about... take a wild guess...

ok, its Owen Finegan, the biggest F**king legend in Aussie Rugby!

Hot young Wallaby Matt Giteau had the crap teased out of him for aged by this guy, I can only imagine whats going to happen once he and Matt Burke team up on Jonny. Muhahahhahahahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fernando)
    im going to stick up for green even though i missed most of the game - he comes from around here
    yeah hes a chertsey boy i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raindance)
    Obviously you have a completely differing opinion to your club's manager, scouts, and owner. Don't you remember the scrap for Carson in January? But of course, you wouldn't want to remember another fight that one that you finished worse off in!
    If Chelsea seriously wanted Carson we would have beaten you to sign him but he was better off with Liverpool given that your goalkeeping situation is different to ours. We already have three goalkeepers back then so guess what we do? Sign yet another one, Yves Makaba Makalamby. I just wonder taking an interest in Carson was to appease some fans because the fact that he's English. Mourinho has yet to sign an Englishman, so much for his moral duty as a foreign manager. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sb1986)
    Does Pidgely regularly feature in the under 21's more than carson? Glen Johnson is a 'would be, but wont be'.
    People said Joe Cole was right flop for Chelsea and England now look what happened.

If Chelsea seriously wanted Carson we would have beaten you to sign him but he was better off with Liverpool given that your goalkeeping situation is different to ours. We already have three goalkeepers back then so guess what we do? Sign yet another one, Yves Makaba Makalamby. I just wonder taking an interest in Carson was to appease some fans because the fact that he's English. Mourinho has yet to sign an Englishman, so much for his moral duty as a foreign manager. :rolleyes:
    Nothing to do witht he fact that he was the hottest goalkeeping prospect for a long time? And it was not Chelsea pulling out of the race, Carson rejected Chelsea for Liverpool as there would be better prospects.
    I'm sure that if Pidgeon(sp?) was superior to Carson, Scotty would still be back at Melwood celebrating. You shouldn't forget that Carson has had first team experience at Liverpool, including a Champions League leg against Juventus!

I'm starting to agree with your feelings of a 3-5-2, I suppose it's worked to an extent for the italians. Well actually, not really, but yeh. Would you be thinking along the lines of:

Robinson
    Carragher Ferdinand Terry
    Carrick
    Beckham Lampard Gerrard A.Cole
    Rooney
    Owen

? :confused:

People said Joe Cole was right flop for Chelsea and England now look what happened.
    That's because Joe Cole had talent.

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't forget that Carson has had first team experience at Liverpool, including a Champions League leg against Juventus!
    True and I hope this helps him for England's sake. With the homegrown limit set by UEFA, Pidgeley may well have Champions League experience shortly, though I doubt it will be against Juventus or a similar side.

I'm starting to agree with your feelings of a 3-5-2, I suppose it's worked to an extent for the italians.
    Didn't Liverpool do 3-5-2 temporarily against AC Milan? SS Lazio has been known to use three at the back and someone ages ago on ehre mentioned that German sides do it too, or Germany national side (can't remember which).

Would you be thinking along the lines of:

Robinson
    Carrick
    Beckham Lampard Gerrard A.Cole
    Rooney
    Owen

? :confused:
    Depends on the opposition and state of play with other players but generally perhaps:

Robinson
    Carrick
    Beckham/Joe Cole Lampard Gerrard A.Cole/Downing
    Rooney
    Owen

I can see at times we're stuck with 4-4-2 but sometimes a little bit of tinkering doesn't hurt.

(Original post by Ndsugfsruigfwerity)
    Depends on the opposition and state of play with other players but generally perhaps:

Robinson
    Carrick
    Beckham/Joe Cole Lampard Gerrard A.Cole/Downing
    Rooney
    Owen

I can see at times we're stuck with 4-4-2 but sometimes a little bit of tinkering doesn't hurt.
    I say Beckham and Cole because they're almost playing as wingbacks anyway. Would make me feel sorry for Joe Cole, Downing, SWP et al, because they wouldn't have much of a chance, but yeh... good stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I say Beckham and Cole because they're almost playing as wingbacks anyway. Would make me feel sorry for Joe Cole, Downing, SWP et al, because they wouldn't have much of a chance, but yeh... good stuff.
    Yep. So then you can change formation depending on the opposition too so everyone gets a share.

ReputationRep:
    no way downing would get in ahead of cole, great choice of team raindance, the world cup could be won, i think a key to making the team for stable is chuckin a holding midfielder in e.g. carrick intercepts well and give good protection to the back 3/4.

ReputationRep:
    If Chelsea seriously wanted Carson we would have beaten you to sign him
    NDGAARONDI you do make me laugh sometimes with your unwillingness to accept a losing battle.

Chelsea did want carson, they didnt get him, liverpool did, he wanted to come to liverpool and thats the bottom line. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    It is true what you say about Downing but he's younger and we could do with a replacement in case of injuries etc.

With regard to three at the back leaving holes, not sure if that will actually happen as much as you make out. It's working for foreign teams so I don't see why we can't at least give it a try. This is what friendlies are for. Or use it in an intra-squad match in training or something. I'm sure Terry and Carragher can deal with it.
    Which foreign team does 3-5-2 work for? I cannot think of any dominant side in England or Europe that has used 3 at the back succesfuly. I think someone (you?) mentioned Liverpool vs Milan in the 2nd half but the problems with the formation were highlighted perfectly. 3-5-2 (or 3-6-1 as it was) lasted for about 15-20 minutes before Riise and Gerrard started to play as wing backs because, like england, after our period of pressure we started to give the ball back to the opposition and couldnt keep hold of it. Celtic tried to keep a 3-5-2 in europe but again, against better teams who can keep the ball simply didn't work and ended up as 5-3-2 resulting in long ball after long ball. I really can't see it working for england for a couple of reasons.

a. The inability for the midfield (Gerrard, Lampard, Beckham and e.g. Joe Cole) to keep the ball for long periods against decent opposition. Holland, France, Brazil, Portugal - all teams that England have had a decent go at but after a while simply werent able to keep posession and got deeper and deeper, isolating the forwards and ended up playing long balls.

b. England dont have anyone who can play upfront on their own if the above scenario happens.

c. Where would Beckham fit in? If you take 3 defenders as Carragher, Terry and Campbell and the wing backs as Cole & Neville - that leaves Gerrard, Lampard and Beckham - none of which Sven would be prepared to drop and none of which have the discipline to sit in a more defensive role. And beckham doesnt have the defensive awareness, and it would be a waste of his crossing ability, to play him as a wing back. Gerrard could play wing back but again be a waste of his other talents.

If Chelsea seriously wanted Carson we would have beaten you to sign him
    Like if Man United and Arsenal wanted Kewell? Or Real Madrid wanted Xabi Alonso and Benitez? Or Barcelona wanted to keep Garcia? Or Gerrard will goto Chelsea?

Carson had/has a better chance of first team football at Liverpool than Chelsea (behind Cudicini and Cech) which is the reason he came to us.

ReputationRep:
    As much as it pains to me say this, atleast Gary Neville is a good footballer and a good right back. What the feck does his brother do?!?!?!?!?!

ReputationRep:
    What about this?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.