Archive SPTM/0002/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
Rainy
Badges: 2
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Lampard is a must! I say that as an unbiased source. :rolleyes:
I dunno... just get Xabi to pop round and return the favour?
jiggaman7
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
so ur atrocious if you can mark viera out of a high-tempered impt game..
Rainy
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by jiggaman7)
so ur atrocious if you can mark viera out of a high-tempered impt game..
Viera's hardly an attacking threat is he? He's what we 'in the know' call a 'holding midfield player'. He breaks up play, distributes it, and goes on the odd foraging run. If he was Henry, Reyes or the like - then I'd be slightly more impressed (which isn't hard). Even if he did manage to nullify this prodigal attacking beast, how does this one game make up for the thousands of others? He can't even make it to a first 11, would never have been considered for england duties had we had a proper squad, and was the nail in our 2002 World Cup challenge coffin!
jiggaman7
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
Viera's hardly an attacking threat is he? He's what we 'in the know' call a 'holding midfield player'. He breaks up play, distributes it, and goes on the odd foraging run. If he was Henry, Reyes or the like - then I'd be slightly more impressed (which isn't hard). Even if he did manage to nullify this prodigal attacking beast, how does this one game make up for the thousands of others? He can't even make it to a first 11, would never have been considered for england duties had we had a proper squad, and was the nail in our 2002 World Cup challenge coffin!
yeah ok he was **** in 2002 but tht doesn mean he isnt a good player...cn you explain why a bag of w*nk would ever have been given 2 renewed contracts at professional level by manutd?
Rainy
Report 13 years ago
yeah ok he was **** in 2002 but tht doesn mean he isnt a good player...cn you explain why a bag of w*nk would ever have been given 2 renewed contracts at professional level by manutd?
Because he's part of the furniture by now. He's a utility player who's been around for ages, and can fill in the gaps when occasionally needed. That, plus his brother is a regular, and would probably cry if he left.
kpg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Only if you can tell me why Taibi was ever given one profesional contract...
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Although his distribution is generally good, his tackling is definitely lacking. He wouldn't be disciplined enough either.
you havent been watching la liga recently? hes getting a lot better at tackling and hes made some tackles worthly of a CB
Rainy
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by fernando)
you havent been watching la liga recently? hes getting a lot better at tackling and hes made some tackles worthly of a CB
I admit that I haven't had the chance to watch Real Madrid much. But what I have seen doesn't suggest to me that he'd cover Gerrard & Lampard well. Beckham lives for the ball. When he has it, he wants to do something with it. Keeping it simple and squaring it out to the wings, or giving it to Gerrard to bomb forward instead wouldn't appeal to him.

Keep him on the right, that's the position he does for England. There's a reason why square pegs won't fit round holes, unless you're a particular fan of Houllier. God bless him.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by fernando)
Both Owen and Beckham I reckon have learnt a lot since they went to Real.
Rainy
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Both Owen and Beckham I reckon have learnt a lot since they went to Real.
By sitting on the bench, and making cameo appearances off the bench for the odd game? He's been pissed of all season about it, but at least he's in top shape for england. Although he's proved to them how useful he can be, they still stick with their favourites: Raul and Ronaldo. Madrid has become more about marketting and revenue than football honours.

The touted move for Robinho won't help his cause either. I just hope that he'll continue getting regular games, as he is an essential player for his country.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
By sitting on the bench, and making cameo appearances off the bench for the odd game? He's been pissed of all season about it, but at least he's in top shape for england. Although he's proved to them how useful he can be, they still stick with their favourites: Raul and Ronaldo. Madrid has become more about marketting and revenue than football honours.

The touted move for Robinho won't help his cause either. I just hope that he'll continue getting regular games, as he is an essential player for his country.
Well, he's sharper. And also, he went to Real knowing that he'd have to fight for his place. I reckon that knowing that, he has tried to work extra hard to prove himself. He's actually started the last 10 games for Real, and has played well for them.
Rainy
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Well, he's sharper. And also, he went to Real knowing that he'd have to fight for his place. I reckon that knowing that, he has tried to work extra hard to prove himself. He's actually started the last 10 games for Real, and has played well for them.
In which case, good stuff. At least the rumours of him going to Arsenal have died down. I'd hate him to go to another premiership club... :mad:
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I reckon the only punishment worth giving would be to prevent chelsea buying players this summer or docking points from next season i.e. they start on minus 5 or something.
Rainy
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Jump)
I reckon the only punishment worth giving would be to prevent chelsea buying players this summer or docking points from next season i.e. they start on minus 5 or something.
The fact that they don't need money means fining them is as useful as a grave robber in a crematorium. I doubt they'll dock points, or that they can ban Chelsea from buying players. Making them play games behind closed doors wouldn't work either, as they don't need the revenue, and having no support would make no discernable difference to what they have now! :rolleyes:
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It'll be a fine and a telling off and maybe a sitting on the naughty chair, but nothing else for Chelsea and Cole. Despite folks opinions, both are equally guilty.
Socrates
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ChelseaBabe)
It'll be a fine and a telling off and maybe a sitting on the naughty chair, but nothing else for Chelsea and Cole. Despite folks opinions, both are equally guilty.
A fine is pointless for Chelsea. Its like saying I'm being fined 10p. Docking of points is the only sensible option.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by zaf1986)
A fine is pointless for Chelsea. Its like saying I'm being fined 10p. Docking of points is the only sensible option.
If Chelsea have points docked then so should Arsenal. Cole was quite willing.
Rainy
Report 13 years ago
Cole acted independently from his club, Arsenal would hardly have sanctioned one of their best players illegaly discussing a transfer to a rival club? Chelsea, on the other hand, knew what they were doing and all the top officials were present: Mourinho, Kenyon et al.
Socrates
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Chelsea should be docked points because the manager was involved. He represnts the institution of the club. One player can be dealt with individually, its not as if the Arsenal's manager told Cole to get tapped. You're comparing apples with oranges.
Socrates
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Raindance, you got there before me....
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (75)
19.53%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (155)
40.36%
Nope, not that interesting (154)
40.1%

Watched Threads