Turn on thread page Beta

Archive SPTM/0002/REC/HPOO watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    Surely he shoud be losing it to show the world that! :p:
    lol wat:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    what a match! i predicted nadal in 4 sets...i should have put my house on ladbrokes and become a kazillionaire !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    He hit forehand after forehand into the net with no pressure on. Dont get excited about Nadal, he doesnt stand a chance at Wimbledon
    This is the French Open thread dude!
    Nadal is in the final
    There is reason to be getting excited!

Go take your bitterness elsewhere! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avi)
    what a match! i predicted nadal in 4 sets...i should have put my house on ladbrokes and become a kazillionaire !
    Lol, Haha!

Yea, was good stuff! =)

ReputationRep:
    Yea, in the third and forth Nadal really was superb!
    Was fighting so much for every point!
    ofcourse one of the reason of unforced errors is pressure of the other players game Nadal must have been playing really well watever
    i love the way Nadal reach the ball he is amazing on court sometimes surprises even himself a well deserving winner n i mean the title

ReputationRep:
    Its just a shame to see such a poor match. It had the prospect of an amazing match especially after the 1st point. But it was a huge disappointment because Roger played soo badly. I like Nadal, saw him at Wimbledon two years ago but dont think he is as good as Federer on clay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avi)
    nadal in 4 sets

damn...why didn't i bet! i could be in montecarlo by now~! Nadal was superb....played beyond his years...made federer feel uncomfortable all the time...class act..i reckon he may not be a success at wimbledon but definately a threat on hard courts..look at miami...he might be a good bet for the us open...my next bet..which i will put money in next time.

ReputationRep:
    Wimbledon might the biggest thing in tennis but certainly not the toughest but still have to say Federer was phenomenal last year at wimbeldon ofcourse he was no 1 anyway its French OPen n im enjoying that he is out
    :party:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Janealams)
    ofcourse one of the reason of unforced errors is pressure of the other players game Nadal must have been playing really well watever
    i love the way Nadal reach the ball he is amazing on court sometimes surprises even himself a well deserving winner n i mean the title
    Yea, he pulled off some really stunning shots!
    Even on the stretch, with the ball by his feet, it was incredible how much power he got on his shots! Pulled of quite a few really nice passing shots!

ReputationRep:
    Its just a shame to see such a poor match. It had the prospect of an amazing match especially after the 1st point. But it was a huge disappointment because Roger played soo badly. I like Nadal, saw him at Wimbledon two years ago but dont think he is as good as Federer on clay.
    Will have to wait for the rematch next year to see then! :p:

I do think Nadal is superb tho, and will be getting better all the time!
    And I definetly think he can challenge Federer!

All their other recent games have been very close aswell!

ReputationRep:
    no offence but the goalies are awful, they cant even catch!

ReputationRep:
    Federer V Nadal.
    my money on Nadal
    Just look at my earlier post

ReputationRep:
    Will have to wait for the rematch next year to see then! :p:

I do think Nadal is superb tho, and will be getting better all the time!
    And I definetly think he can challenge Federer!

All their other recent games have been very close aswell!
    Definately looking forward to next year! Nadal can only improve and imo only get closer to Federer's standard on clay. As for other surfaces I cant see him challenging Federer but its good to see a new face on the scene.

ReputationRep:
    Yea, he pulled off some really stunning shots!
    Even on the stretch, with the ball by his feet, it was incredible how much power he got on his shots! Pulled of quite a few really nice passing shots!
    Cant wait to see the highlights

ReputationRep:
    neways...question to every1 in this thread....who is your favourite current tennis player? just curious...mine is andre agassi...has been for a long long time...love his return of serve, his game and mostly, his personality, that's definately 10 out of 10.

ReputationRep:
    I am really glad Nadal won, he played the best on the day, and he has impressed me throughout. I hope he wins against Peuta.

ReputationRep:
    Cant wait to see the highlights
    Dont get your hopes up too much. Nadal has played a lot better and Federer hasnt played worse.

ReputationRep:
    Definately looking forward to next year! Nadal can only improve and imo only get closer to Federer's standard on clay. As for other surfaces I cant see him challenging Federer but its good to see a new face on the scene.
    We have Roddick to challenge him plus i think its more a mind game these days the day Roddick will beat Federer in a Grandslam it will be all over but u cant just underestimate Nadal he came back after indjury so u never know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avi)
    neways...question to every1 in this thread....who is your favourite current tennis player? just curious...mine is andre agassi...has been for a long long time...love his return of serve, his game and mostly, his personality, that's definately 10 out of 10.
    Henman, Agassi and Sharapova

ReputationRep:
    Definetly challenged him already this year in Miami tho!

When he starts varying the depths of his shots more, he will become really quality... right up there with the best!

Tbh, I haven't seen much of him on other surfaces at all! But I think he definetly has the potential to be challenging Fed on them! Maybe not quite yet... but i'm not too sure! I doubt he will do aswell in Wimbledon as the French this year, but i'm interested to see jus how good he is... and I wouldn't count him out! Jus the Nadal game in general seems to hamper a lot of players! And he has a great feel of how to play on different points etc.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.