Turn on thread page Beta

Archive SPTM/0002/REC/HPOO watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mortoman)
    Tszyu claims that he fought in front of 20000 screaming Mexicans and won before so he's not phased by the atmosphere. Hatton does have a big advantage fighting at home though which is why he never fights away from Britain any more. Tszyu is proven to be one of the best pound for pound fighters so the crowd is going to have to perform well!
    I don't doubt Tszyu for a second, I've just got a feeling the home advantage Hatton has will result in a draw.

For example, the first time Glencoffe Johnson and Clinton Woods fought, Johnson clearly won but it was a draw (fight took place in Sheffield).

When Robin Reid fought Sven Ottke(sp?), it looked a draw but Ottke still got the UD (fight took place in Germany). In fact, this guy's been fighting in Germany all his life lol - retired as champ :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    £27000?????? wtf Surely it's alot more? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fernando)
    http://skysports.planetfootball.com/....asp?id=282408
    you cant blame a world class left back to want more than what he earns (something like £27,000 a week) when other members of the squad are getting close to the £80,000 mark after all he is practically first eleven all the time
    but now i doubt he'll get it due to trust etc.
    Lol, Vieira is a joker, I bet he did send the text. Apparently arsenal will block any transfer even if it means Cole leaves on a free when his contract runs out [i read this in the bbc gossip column so take no notice if u wish].

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil23)
    Anyone into climbing?

Has anyone heard of this event; takes place in Birmingham and is so cool by the sounds of it.. Also has anyone taken part in it by any chance.

If so what was it like (the challenges)? I hope to take part in the future and am looking for further insights,

cheers,

Phil
    man the sports section is dry - how can noone be into climbing:eek: - has anyone even tried it? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    £27000?????? wtf Surely it's alot more? :eek:
    im not sure on the exact figure but i thought it was in the region of £27k, then again im probably wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cksjohns)
    Boxing would be one of the biggest sports in Britain if it wasn't always on PPV (well the decent fights anyway). Lennox Lewis, Hatton, Harrison and the big heavyweight bouts are always PPV, and I'm not going to pay for boxing because it could be rubbish.

Hatton will be up against it, but I reckon his speed could be too much for Tszyu (great name).

Come on Hitman
    Yeah I totally agree. It makes you irritated to see what was essentially an insignificant fight between Khan and Kindelan screened in a primetime ITV slot but this fight is on at 2AM on Sky PPV. All credit to Sky Sports though, they do a very good job at presenting the boxing and the commentary is suitably stirring if not slightly deluded at times.

ReputationRep:
    yea its terrible because we just have to watch a great sport die out because of greedy promoters like frank warren bleeding the sport dry.

i might be wrong, but i honestly cant see this fight going the distance. both fighters have got huge punches and high ko ratios (especially tszyu). having said that if it goes all the way, hatton is younger and more in shape for this fight so he would have a better chance of a decision over 12 rounds. i honestly dont know who to pick in this fight...but i think if if i had to put money on it i would pick tszyu

ReputationRep:
    who else reckons david beckham is an ******* ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kornkamper)
    who else reckons david beckham is an ******* ?
    I actually think he's okay.

ReputationRep:
    What makes you think he's an *******?

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody got any racing tips? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Beckham is quality tbh.

ReputationRep:
    He's class! =')

ReputationRep:
    Becks. ='o
    I've always wanted the best for him since his move to Real...

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...pe/4609389.stm

Woah Raul-->L'pool?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ea/4609043.stm

Essien to Chelsea.

http://www.clubcall.com/vsite/vconte...s-item,00.html

Gilardino bid accepted? :eek: :confused: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Right if u lot get Essien and Gillardinho you WILL be unstoppable!Noooooooo

Whats Essien playing at, one minute he says 'I want another year here at lyon' , now he wants to leave! Its houllier!!

£15m for Raul, I think more like £8-10m, we need to get revenge for them bumping us on Owen, maybe include Nunez back in the deal. *******s!

EDIT: The Raul comments are over 6 months old, same as the Aimar ones that were in these crap papers like the sun and the mirror last week! Dont believe it people!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone gonna watch it on PPV? Its £15 and im considering it.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like you'll get some big names into your squad for next season. Good to see. =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    Looks like you'll get some big names into your squad for next season. Good to see. =)
    No, the Raul comments are old! read my EDIT: lol

What on earth is the point of having Essien AND Makelele is what I want to know. Why would the best defense in the world need another holding midfielder, when an attacking one could offer so much more to the squad? :confused:

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.