This discussion is closed.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by fernando)
how old is makelele? he's 32
most players would retire soon as well as any nagging injuries so if we get another holding midfielder it'll be to fill his role when the time comes.
+ him and lampard making their runs = :eek:
And we'll get rid of Smertin soon, he's 31. Don't know what's happening with Jarosik either. He's supposed to be a defensive midfielder but has had a few shots at goal. Then there's Scott Parker to consider too.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by mobb_theprequel)
So chronic cheating is okay, but thuggery is beyond the pale? :p:
Neither is okay but thuggery has to be the greater of the two evils. I'd laugh if Chelsea cheated against Arsenal next season and it was the match decider.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
I rate him on the pitch, but there's something about him that puts me off him. I'd say the same if he was playing for Middlesborough. :cool:
What if he was your own player then? I wasn't too great a fan of Dennis Wise when he played for us to be honest. You haven't exactly stated your reasoning for disliking Terry off the pitch much at all. Why is that?
mobb_theprequel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Neither is okay but thuggery has to be the greater of the two evils. I'd laugh if Chelsea cheated against Arsenal next season and it was the match decider.
I have to admire Chelsea for their flagrant cheek though - making approaches for seemingly everybody from their neighbours; but then a surplus of money means that they can do whatever the fark they like.

I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea ended up hijacking the Ashburton Grove project. Afterall, Stamford Bridge is too small and Arsenal could easily be paid off.
Rainy
Badges: 2
Report 13 years ago
And we'll get rid of Smertin soon, he's 31. Don't know what's happening with Jarosik either. He's supposed to be a defensive midfielder but has had a few shots at goal. Then there's Scott Parker to consider too.
Well, I don't really care what you get up to in the transfer market, As long as Mourinho keeps his dirty mits off our players.

Yeah. Whilst some people have said to me it must be great supporting a team with such great resources available, but it can be very annoying because everytime I read a player linked with us I might as well treat it as gossip every time.
What on earth are you on about? You've been guaranteed success for as long as Roman decides he wants to stay around. I wouldn't care about being linked and nothing coming out of it - it happens to us all don't forget.

I'd just be annoyed at supporting a club with such a bad attitude and relations with other people in the game, as well the knowledge that the club is no longer financially viable. It's no longer in the hands of the supporters. Instead it's turned into a real life Football Manager game, for a dubious billionaire who wants to waste his time and money. But it could be worse for Chelsea, at least it's not in the hands of a corporate fool with no passion for the game or the club.
Rainy
Report 13 years ago
What if he was your own player then? I wasn't too great a fan of Dennis Wise when he played for us to be honest. You haven't exactly stated your reasoning for disliking Terry off the pitch much at all. Why is that?
It'd be the same if he was our player. I'd cheer for him, like I will for England, but there's just something niggling at the back of my mind. I can't really pin it down.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well, I don't really care what you get up to in the transfer market, As long as Mourinho keeps his dirty mits off our players.
I'd think he'd be happy looking elsewhere.

There would be only two outfield players than Mourinho would be interested in from your squad - Gerrard we all know about and possibly Xabi Alonso. But you can keep them.

But it could be worse for Chelsea, at least it's not in the hands of a corporate fool with no passion for the game or the club.
Oh don't worry I know it can be a lot worse. We could suffer the same fate for Wrexham. You're probably thinking of Glazer. I just wonder if he's making the takeover for his footballing sons... :confused:
tis_me_lord
Report 13 years ago
Start them on -30, see how smug they are then. :mad:
Ellie4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by tis_me_lord)
Start them on -30, see how smug they are then. :mad:
*Checks who won the league*

*Is still smug*

goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The 3 points deduction would only come into affect the season after next (2006/7) if they are bad boys next season. So even if they were proven guilty in this affair, nothing would happen with regards the suspended sentence they got at the Cole Inquiry. And if they do anything next season, it wouldn't be an immediate deduction, but a handicap for teh season after.

Plus, Chelsea weren't proven of doing anything illegal with Sven, Ferdinand, or Gerrard. And what they did with Obi wasn't actually illegal, it was just cheeky and in many ways unsportmanlike to the extreme.

And they haven't even been found guilty of this yet.
tis_me_lord
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Ellie4)
*Checks who won the league*

*Is still smug*

Shame you can't do it without some billionaire helping you. :rolleyes:
Rainy
Report 13 years ago
I'd think he'd be happy looking elsewhere.

There would be only two outfield players than Mourinho would be interested in from your squad - Gerrard we all know about and possibly Xabi Alonso. But you can keep them.
Does that mean you want Dudek then?!

Nah, our squads pretty lightweight atm. I'd prefer Didi, Xabie & Stevie any day over Maka, Lump & Tiago. Would want Carragher, Cisse & Nando too.

(Original post by Nrsrthuiqtry)
]Oh don't worry I know it can be a lot worse. We could suffer the same fate for Wrexham. You're probably thinking of Glazer. I just wonder if he's making the takeover for his footballing sons... :confused:
I have no idea why he's bought them. It's taken him to make me feel sorry for the scum - so he must be bad. I think the funniest so far is a consortium wanting Everton. :hahaha:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I have to admire Chelsea for their flagrant cheek though - making approaches for seemingly everybody from their neighbours; but then a surplus of money means that they can do whatever the fark they like.
It was probably Peter Kenyon's idea. He's continuing his bad habits from his old club.

I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea ended up hijacking the Ashburton Grove project. Afterall, Stamford Bridge is too small and Arsenal could easily be paid off.
Nah we'll hijack the New Wembley. :eek: Nou Camp II.
Ellie4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ooo... I didn't know you knew my daddy!

Oh, you were talking about the club wern't you. Well, you have to speculate to accumlate! And at the end of the day the best team is the one with the best players, the best players cost the most money, so it stands to reason that the richest club will be the best!
Rainy
Report 13 years ago
Think of where they'd be without him? Facing administration, falling down in the league, chasing a UEFA spot at best. :rolleyes:
tis_me_lord
Report 13 years ago
Gotta be Brazil. England have an in built barrier against success.
Rainy
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Ellie4)
Ooo... I didn't know you knew my daddy!

Oh, you were talking about the club wern't you. Well, you have to speculate to accumlate! And at the end of the day the best team is the one with the best players, the best players cost the most money, so it stands to reason that the richest club will be the best!
*checks Chelsea's winnings this season*

How comes you didn't win the FA Cup or the Champions League then? :cool:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Nah, our squads pretty lightweight atm. I'd prefer Didi, Xabie & Stevie any day over Maka, Lump & Tiago. Would want Carragher, Cisse & Nando too.
I'd have Carragher if Gallas left, though three centre backs is enough IMO. Couldn't care much if Tiago left, even though he scored a pretty neat goal against Manchester United.
Rainy
Report 13 years ago
I'd have Carragher if Gallas left, though three centre backs is enough IMO. Couldn't care much if Tiago left, even though he scored a pretty neat goal against Manchester United.
We'd take Gallas off you. He's a quality player, and would be an excellent foil to Carra. He'd get regular football, and in the position he wants to play in.
Ellie4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
*checks Chelsea's winnings this season*

How comes you didn't win the FA Cup or the Champions League then? :cool:
Because... we woz robbed :mad:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1113)
78.88%
Leave (298)
21.12%

Watched Threads