Archive SPTM/0002/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
kpg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
The 3 points deduction would only come into affect the season after next (2006/7) if they are bad boys next season. So even if they were proven guilty in this affair, nothing would happen with regards the suspended sentence they got at the Cole Inquiry. And if they do anything next season, it wouldn't be an immediate deduction, but a handicap for teh season after.

Plus, Chelsea weren't proven of doing anything illegal with Sven, Ferdinand, or Gerrard.
Ferdinand, yes, but only a chance meeting like that could happen if Peter Kenyon is around

Gerrard? well, all but proven. Not just some tabloid stories but it was common knowledge last year that Gerrard was on his way to Chelsea, yet we had received no formal approach for him whatsoever. Liverpool is a small city and big things like that get around very quickly. He was only a matter of hours from giving them his word and it was only after he got back from Euro 2004, away from the Chelsea boys in his ear constantly (something the premierleague tapping up enquiry alluded to with Ashley Cole and his "discussions" with Terry, Lampard and Cole) that his family convinced him to stay at the club. Liverpool were never in discussions with Chelsea, Chelsea were however in discussions with Steven Gerrard. If the club didnt want to put the whole saga to bed and had we not tapped up Zeige a few years ago, it could quite easily have done what Arsenal had and made a formal complaint.

As everyone says, every big club is involved in 'tapping up' but Chelsea seem to have this untouchable approach and are going round as if they can pick up whoever they like. The apparent arrogance of the club is astonishing.
Logan
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
haha.. england somehow flunks at pretty stupid reasons.. bah.. we might be cursed.
teamvillage
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Manchester United have been far worse tapper-uppers throughout the last 15 years. Look at Keane and Forlan as just two of many examples. At least Fergie has had the common sense to keep fairly quiet over Colegate!
What's Chico Time Precious?
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'd say it'll be an England - Argentina final.

One of those 2 will win it, hopefully us obviously.
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Player for Player England arguably have the best team. Cole, Terry, Sol, Rio, Lampard, Gerrard, Beckham, Owen, Rooney all in the top 10 best players for their position imo
telecastro_59
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
england vs germany final, 4-2 to england, Owen hat-trick, the ball will cross the line!
and we'll never stop talkin about the bloody thing!!
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Economist)
Player for Player England arguably have the best team. Cole, Terry, Sol, Rio, Lampard, Gerrard, Beckham, Owen, Rooney all in the top 10 best players for their position imo
Definitely.

I reckon expectation for England to do well is going to be high as it always is, only this time I actually can seriously see them doing it.

I mean, we played pretty poorly in Euro 2004 and got quite far and lost out unjustly imo, so this time around with more experience and a better squad, its ours for the taking.
Garibaldi
Report 13 years ago
Brazil or Argentina wont win, no team as ever won outside of their continent (excluding 2002 but that doesnt count cos its alqays in Europe/an America), something to do with climate/culture/distance from home etc.
That probably leaves England, France, Italy and Holland with a chance to win. Perhaps Germany due to home advantage and being given a kind draw by FIFA, but I cant see them getting further than Quater's.
My bets on Italy.
edmundo
Report 13 years ago
Just thought I might add that France are currently fourth in there qualifing group and they might not even qualify for the world cup(Switzerland are top )
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It's now more likely than ever that he'll leave Arsenal. He says that his relationship with Dein and the club are at an all time low. I bet the relationship with the fans isn't all that. Seriously, what on earth did he expect!!! He goes out, and basically tries to leave arsenal, showing his lack of commitment, being so darn selfish! And then he expects everything to be all happy with his relationship with the club. If he leaves, he's left us without the best left back in the world because he is so SELFISH!!! (I hate him for that)
Garibaldi
Report 13 years ago
When did you own Zambrotta? And how come Cole can take him with him?
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Garibaldi)
When did you own Zambrotta? And how come Cole can take him with him?
haha!

Clichy is more than adequate to replace Cole, he is a very good player, but overrated, you won't miss him.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Absolution)
haha!

Clichy is more than adequate to replace Cole, he is a very good player, but overrated, you won't miss him.
I was used to having 2 quality left backs!
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I dont blame Cole completely I think his agent had a lot to do with it the ****. But it is a real shame, he knew what he was doing. I would have put him down as one of the most committed to Arsenal. Very disappointed in him. The fact that he is appealing makes it ever worse. It would take a lot to convince me that he should stay at the club.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Economist)
I dont blame Cole completely I think his agent had a lot to do with it the ****. But it is a real shame, he knew what he was doing. I would have put him down as one of the most committed to Arsenal. Very disappointed in him. The fact that he is appealing makes it ever worse. It would take a lot to convince me that he should stay at the club.
Same here, I always thought he was well committed to Arsenal, with whom he grew up with. Never thought he'd leave this early. If his heart is not with Arsenal, maybe it's best that he should leave.
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Cole is one of the best (maybe the best last season, not so this) left back in Europe. Outstanding player who I'm sure Wenger would much rather keep than get rid of. But his position (and his agents) is now surely untenable (sp) with the club and he'll be off to a Spanish or Italian club this summer. Very sad reflection on the state of football that this all stemmed from the fact he would be earning JUST £55,000 per week :rolleyes: Agents are also horrible leaches and no doubt Mr Barnett played his part here too.
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
obviously he knows hes a great player as everyone says it alot :P personal interest comes into it a bit...
he would get better pay and probably wouldve had more chance at winning with chelsea...
i mean arsenal havent done so well this season *shrugs* maybe cole thinks he can do better?
Imaad
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
it sad that when they earn so much money , they want more. u think they would be satisfied with thea mount they had. If cole is successful in his appeal it could causes major changes to transfers , with what little loyalty is lef t gettin even weaker
hossy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hes too bloody cocky - out of all the players in the premiership, I hate Ashley Cole the most!
hossy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by MrsJones)
Didn't realise they did, but the place is a dump.They spend so little on the place there's no need for taxes.
You ****ing mother ****er!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1168)
79.35%
Leave (304)
20.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise