Turn on thread page Beta

Archive SPTM/0002/REC/HPOO watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I would like to learn, but i dont know where to go and im preety scared/shy of going into big groups of people......

ReputationRep:
    bellamy should be outcast from football - he refused to play for his team therefore being unreliable and big headed - which the supporters of newcastle should not tolerate.
    i can partly see his point about positioning but even so...he could have still gone forward

ReputationRep:
    I think fisi is only slightly under-rated and that's why the top teams have tended to pass him over. I've watched him over the years and never thought Wow! While with Nick I was really impressed with him at Sauber. Alesi is a decent driver and that was nick's rookie season in an absoloute lemon of a car. In Kimi's rookie season Nick out preformed him but Kimi is something special imo. Massa is quick but inconsissent and Nick kicked his butt!!! Pantano and Glock are both absoloutly pants and were dispatched as such. I'm not saying Nick is a MS type but I's say he's at the level with people like JPM and Alonso.

And yeh Ralf is quite over rated but he's pretty cute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chandni)
    I think fisi is only slightly under-rated and that's why the top teams have tended to pass him over. I've watched him over the years and never thought Wow! While with Nick I was really impressed with him at Sauber. Alesi is a decent driver and that was nick's rookie season in an absoloute lemon of a car. In Kimi's rookie season Nick out preformed him but Kimi is something special imo. Massa is quick but inconsissent and Nick kicked his butt!!! Pantano and Glock are both absoloutly pants and were dispatched as such. I'm not saying Nick is a MS type but I's say he's at the level with people like JPM and Alonso.

And yeh Ralf is quite over rated but he's pretty cute.
    Cute??? :confused: :puke: With a Schumi chin??

JPM possibly, Alonso is pushing it

ReputationRep:
    I am hugely atteated to Ralf for some strange reason!!!

Alonso ... I don't thinmk he's the next big thing that the pundits are making him out to be. He has had very few decent drives since hungary 2003 and this season he made some rookie mistakes.

ReputationRep:
    Heidfeld is a seriously average driver, though I do agree that Heidfeld vs Pizzonia was a no brainer.

And Kimi vs Heidfeld? Kimi is clearly much much better. Outperformed? Scoring less points in a season doesnt mean youre outperformed.

Fisichella is also another driver who is extremely average, hes been begging for a decent drive for years rather than try and make the best of what hes got, lets watch him do bugger all this year.

At the end of the day, the only driver capable of beating Michael Schumacher is Kimi Raikkonen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chandni)
    I am hugely atteated to Ralf for some strange reason!!!

Alonso ... I don't thinmk he's the next big thing that the pundits are making him out to be. He has had very few decent drives since hungary 2003 and this season he made some rookie mistakes.
    Totally agreed, Alonso will never be a world champion - same with Jenson Button.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Totally agreed, Alonso will never be a world champion - same with Jenson Button.
    Im not sure about Alonso at the mo. I wanna see how he goes this year before judgement can be made. I admit he wasnt great last year but then by all accounts the Renault was evil to set-up with a knife-edge sweet-spot. Besides, Alonso seems the most likely successor to Schumis throne (hes the only one with a fairly flexible contract.) and so you cant rule him out of world championships.

Its was only his 3rd season anyway. I think he let his fame go to his head a bit. We shall see if he recovers it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    Im not sure about Alonso at the mo. I wanna see how he goes this year before judgement can be made. I admit he wasnt great last year but then by all accounts the Renault was evil to set-up with a knife-edge sweet-spot. Besides, Alonso seems the most likely successor to Schumis throne (hes the only one with a fairly flexible contract.) and so you cant rule him out of world championships.

Its was only his 3rd season anyway. I think he let his fame go to his head a bit. We shall see if he recovers it.
    How is he the most likely successor? Just because somebody is young and has a few average performances doesnt mean theyre bound to get better and improve, some of the mistakes hes made have been absolutely attrocious, and not the kind of thing a potential champion would do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    How is he the most likely successor? Just because somebody is young and has a few average performances doesnt mean theyre bound to get better and improve, some of the mistakes hes made have been absolutely attrocious, and not the kind of thing a potential champion would do.

Agreed but who else is there?

everyone is rather contractually bound. Raikkonen, JPM, Button, Webber, who else is there?

ReputationRep:
    F**king South Africans! We were robbed...

Nah, great game. Great finish. Can't wait until the next one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    My parents lived in Andover before they moved down here in 1982 'Course I've heard of it!
    Haha, lucky you. What a dump it is.

My friend plays the ping pong game, pretty good too. Plays in the county tournaments etc

ReputationRep:
    lets be fair... south africa should have won looking at the last over... they got pretty lucky with that last ball i thought, but a well executed yorker :P

ReputationRep:
    Bellamy > Souness

Great clip.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaeda)
    lets be fair... south africa should have won looking at the last over... they got pretty lucky with that last ball i thought, but a well executed yorker :P
    Pretty fine stupmping too! What happened to the convention that if the scores are tied, the tem which lost fewer wicktets wins? Is that a tournament-based rule?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    Agreed but who else is there?

everyone is rather contractually bound. Raikkonen, JPM, Button, Webber, who else is there?
    I didnt realise you meant the next driver for ferrari, I dont have a clue who will drive for ferrari next, but schumacher will be driving for a few years to come I reckon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    SHe still dating Campbell?
    I thought she was dating Sergio Garcia. Pfft tennis players, love means nothing to them :rolleyes:

She couldn't handle the pressure of being such a great player at a young age, it's funny but you could say she had a great career. Hope she gets back to the player she was.

ReputationRep:
    How boring hase f1 become? To save this sport's future, they should take away all the computer help available to drivers and also the engine while they're at it, make the drivers push the car. Anything to make it less boring!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Refused)
    How boring hase f1 become? To save this sport's future, they should take away all the computer help available to drivers and also the engine while they're at it, make the drivers push the car. Anything to make it less boring!
    It is so dull i am suprised the drivers don't fall asleep at the wheel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yossarian)
    It is so dull i am suprised the drivers don't fall asleep at the wheel
    With the technology nowdays, the car could probably drive itself in such events. Funnily enough Shumacher could've won last years championship while asleep.

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.