(Original post by afireinside©)
    Yeah, but who wants to join Palace?! :confused:
    Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    The Saffies finally win another one?
    Nah, match tied:p:

ReputationRep:
    Yo dudes, is manu gettin steven gerrard or what. i've heard we're getting him but when. thank god rio ferdinands back, the defence is looking much stronger now and keano is playin' superb, scholesy is scorin and rooney and saha are flamin hot.

Any comments on manu plese reply :bootyshak :bootyshak :bootyshak :bootyshak :bootyshak :bootyshak :bootyshak :

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Messiah)
    this is surely the end of Man u's prominence. they had the nineties.. this decade belongs to arsenal..
    i'm definetly expecting incensed views
    Arsenal are a bunch of french bar****ds they just fall over. their a bunch of pansies. Roy Keane is who you want m8, someone who talks big and gets the best out of the team. Have Arsenal won the premiership three times in a row, um NO!!! Chelsea are 10X better than Arsenal they have depth in numbers, Arsenal have black french ***** in numbers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wayne)
    Arsenal have black french ***** in numbers
    e.g. Pascal Cygan

ReputationRep:
    nah, he is liverpool captain, he will never go to manyoo. hes been looking at houses in surrey apparently........
    rio is probably the most overated defender in the country, bergkamp raped him the other night for his goal, he was nowhere to be seen!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamieholmear)
    nah, he is liverpool captain, he will never go to manyoo. hes been looking at houses in surrey apparently........
    rio is probably the most overated defender in the country, bergkamp raped him the other night for his goal, he was nowhere to be seen!
    Rio is top class but every so often he loses his position - he's been doing it since he was at West Ham.

Utd are looking like they'll finish second now, I can't see Arsenal recovering this year, but no way can Utd catch Chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    how can u people say f1 is boring??? If you take the time to pay attention to the intricate strategic battles going on coupled with some pretty good wheel to wheel stuff behind the scuderia the last season couple of seasons have been pretty good!!

With regard to ferrari in the post schumi era I believe that ferrari's drivers will be out of raikkonen (depending on how his drink problem develops), Massa, Liuzzi, possibly jense and maybe someone else who we haven't met yet. Why I think Alonso won't be there is because JT and RB have rarely rated alonso.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yossarian)
    It is so dull i am suprised the drivers don't fall asleep at the wheel
    Read the sig :mad: :mad:

F1 is not boring if you follow it properly. Its not always about who wins. THere are some epic battles going on and nobody can say 2003 was boring. Anyone who says it is boring doesnt fully understand or appreciate the sport. The technological side alone holds endless fascination if you take the time to look at it :mad: :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Now that the Premier League is officially a one horse race (well let's face it, it's over already!) the race for the Champions League spots is hotting up -

Odds are Man Ure are going to finish 2nd, as Arsenal have hit such a slump in form it's hard to believe that they won the league last year.

The average # of points needed to qualify for the UEFA cup is 60 - with the average # of points for the Champions League (minimum 4th pos) is about 66.

The league currently looks like this, with 25 games played by all teams..

Chelsea 25 64
    Man Utd 25 53
    Arsenal 25 51
    Everton 25 47
    Liverpool 25 40
    M'brough 25 37
    Charlton 25 37
    Bolton 25 36
    Tottenham 25 33

Going by what I mentioned earlier about the points needed, these teams would require the following amount of points (give or take a few!) to qualify..

Tottenham - UEFA cup = 27 points - Champs League = 33 points (no chance! )
    notloB - UEFA cup = 24 points - Champs League = 30 points

Charlton - UEFA cup = 23 points - Champs League = 29 points

Boro - UEFA cup = 23 points - Champs League = 29 points

Liverpool/scum/fooking barstards- UEFA cup = 20 points - Champs League = 26 points

EVVVVERTON FC - UEFA cup = 13 points - Champs League = 19 points - WE'RE GONNA DO IT!!

The Arsenal - UEFA cup = 9 points - Champs League = 15 points

I think we can safely say that Chelsea will win the league, and Man Ure will finish second.. Arsenal and Everton will almost certainly finish in UEFA cup spots at least - both teams require only 5 wins to guarantee this..

Who will finish where then? woooooooo :cool:

Oh yeh, and Everton are looking up, not down!

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...pe/4233353.stm

What do you think? Personally, I don't approve this! ( I can understand why they would want to do this ) but having 8 homegrown players is too much!

ReputationRep:
    Surely this just means all the best young players will be snapped up even earlier than they already are.

Also Rooney will qualify as a homegrown Utd player?

ReputationRep:
    I agree, this sort of intervention is not needed and is not good for the game as it could restrict the quality of players you will have (as most teams can find better overseas players then home-grown). However on the plus side, for now there will only be 4 players in the SQAUD, so teams dont have to play them and ever team will be in the same boat. However what is classed as home, if a team buys a young player from a english team when they are about 18, are they still classed as home grown? would players like Roy Keane, Neville, Scholes be counted as homegrown?

Your team Chelski may have a problem!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpunderaboat)
    Also Rooney will qualify as a homegrown Utd player?
    Great minds think alike :cool:

ReputationRep:
    United will come second, with Arsenal closely behind in 3rd.

Then i think there will be a large gap to 4th place, which i think Everton will clinch. I've got faith in your boys.

Liverpool will come 5th, with Boro in 6th. Then Spurs, Charlton and Bolton.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uefa)
    Uefa defines a club-trained player as one who has been registered for a minimum of three seasons with the club between the age of 15 and 21.
    Nope, Rooney won't qualify as a home grown player. He hasn't been registered at the club for 3 years.

I think it's a good idea. It means that a larger number of young players will be given a chance, whilst teams can still bring in a decent amount of foreigners anyway. Nice to see United would qualify with these rules. Bloody london teams, all foreigners. :p:

ReputationRep:
    wayne you are a legend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Makavelli_07)
    Nope, Rooney won't qualify as a home grown player. He hasn't been registered at the club for 3 years.

I think it's a good idea. It means that a larger number of young players will be given a chance, whilst teams can still bring in a decent amount of foreigners anyway. Nice to see United would qualify with these rules. Bloody london teams, all foreigners. :p:
    yeh but he will eventually and it will be useful when teams must have 8 homegrown players!

ReputationRep:
    I love this guy. 6 posts and a warning level of 23? Haha.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.