Archive SPTM/0002/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
Makavelli_07
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by john williams)
yeh but he will eventually and it will be useful when teams must have 8 homegrown players!
Oh yeah of course he will do eventually, assuming he stays at United for 3 years. I just meant he wont be able to be used as a home grown player at the moment, or for next seasons campaign.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Makavelli_07)
I love this guy. 6 posts and a warning level of 23? Haha.
A record I believe.
teamvillage
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Shows the sad state of British football when 80% of the teams who would not have had enough players to qualify are British teams...

I'd have gone further. 5 players in the 18-man matchday squad. Long term, youth development is the only way football would have been able to sustain itself.

In any case, how often are the 23rd-25th players in the squad used? Surely clubs could fill up most of the places with people who will never get near the pitch!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
Ashley Cole's dive in the first 10 minutes was one of the worst i've ever seen, it's a good job it didn't spoil the rest of the game.
His dive reminded me of a very poor attempt in either a Champions League game or a Serie A game involving an oriental guy. It was in the penalty area, he went the opposite way to the defender and dived. He was already on a booking so he had to go. Even the commentators said it was an awful dive. I have no idea which team it was now, quite some time ago now.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by marychrist)
the Chelsea crap I really couldn't care for- so they "have [the premiership] in the bag"? wait until Abramovich sods off, they'll go bust and have nothing but debt. Manchester United, on the other hand, will still be a consistently good side.
I'm guessing you have no understanding in economics.

For background puroposes: http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/3360816
For the economics of it all: http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/3370114

Time and time again this topic is mentioned, now I get the feeling I'm flogging a dead horse.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
England, France and Ireland having close votes so far in the poll, as I predicted.
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It was obvious that this was going to happen. People who believe that Abramovich is going to up and leave and Chelsea will be screwed no very little. That's why they stole Kenyon from us.

However, i can still claim that you bought the Premiership every season until your run on a profit. :p:
Mad_Monkey59
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Quiksilver)
yeah :rolleyes:
he hasnt achieved anything!
He picked us up off of the floor, and built a team that won the league in his first season and then built another team that went unbeaten for 49 games and could have challenged for the best team in the world position at the beginning of the season, the only thing that has stopped him from winning back the league is a lack of cash, thus not being able to replace players with relevant experiance but rather youth... from where we were to where we are now, with the resources he has Wenger has achieved much more in progress then Ferguson and certainly Mourinho.

To say he's missing something that these to have is absolulty correct.... he's missing a huge amount of cash.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It was obvious that this was going to happen. People who believe that Abramovich is going to up and leave and Chelsea will be screwed no very little. That's why they stole Kenyon from us.
Which is why I knew that Kenyon was such a great signing for Chelsea.

However, i can still claim that you bought the Premiership every season until your run on a profit. :p:
You can indeed. But once if and when Chelsea do so these claims of buying the title should stop, although I can't see that happening, not completely anyway.

Just read an article in the paper and Henry admits that it's their defence that has given the title to Chelsea, not so long ago he made a claim it was Chelsea buying the title.... :rolleyes:
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
We have 7 regularly in our 16 man matchday squad now. We'd be fine. And in a few years, we could have more or less a full team of them. They're all top notch.

(and they're all really good as well)
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Bloody london teams, all foreigners. :p:
The most nationalities in one side not so long ago was Liverpool. And when you mention London teams, I'm sure Barnet, Watford and Leyton Orient have less foreigners than the likes of Man Utd and co.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
..........Robinson..........

Ifil...King...Dawson...???
........Huddlestone........
???..Carrick...Davis...???

...........Defoe.............

Yay . Only three club trained though
ben3085
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Un-edited%20Tunnel

:-)
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
...............................?
McMahon Davies Wheater Hines Parnaby

Morrison.........?.............. .?.............Downing

............................Grah am

They're all club trained

(give Wheater and Hines a couple of years)
The Messiah
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
nice one man..very nice
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
United will come second, with Arsenal closely behind in 3rd.

Then i think there will be a large gap to 4th place, which i think Everton will clinch. I've got faith in your boys.

Liverpool will come 5th, with Boro in 6th. Then Spurs, Charlton and Bolton.
I'd swap Everton for Liverpool and Boro for Spurs.
Economist
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Interesting! I would like to know what actually caused the confrontation though. I am surprised Caroll, Scholes and Keane in particular refused to shake Vieira's hand, very disrespectful in my opinion although I dont know what went on. However if it was that bad then surely Neville would have rejected Vieira's hand also.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
I'd swap Everton for Liverpool and Boro for Spurs.
You think we're going to finish ahead of you? :eek: :confused:
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Economist)
Interesting! I would like to know what actually caused the confrontation though. I am surprised Caroll, Scholes and Keane in particular refused to shake Vieira's hand, very disrespectful in my opinion although I dont know what went on. However if it was that bad then surely Neville would have rejected Vieira's hand also.
what neville did was worse, he crunched Vieras hand and gave him a sick look
Lil' Miss Smiley
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The whole thing got way out of hand.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (89)
19.96%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (180)
40.36%
Nope, not that interesting (177)
39.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed