Archive SPTM/0002/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
psychic_satori
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Vikernes)
Seeing as the other Superbowl thread is full of ********s, I'll post my thoughts here. Admittedly, it was a poor game. Anybody would think Roethlisberger was playing with the number of errors made. The first half was a non-factor for me. Nothing exciting happened, time flew with little plays and loads of mish mash action. The second half was better, although it just didn't feel like a Superbowl. Very disappointing to have like 7 seconds on the clock with one last chance for the Eagles to come up with a winning drive, and it all comes to an end with another interception.

The entertainment was crap too. Unspectacular rendition of the national anthem, McCartney is sh*t, and the crowd didn't give a f*ck. It was sad to see the Pats raising their trophy in glory in front of....an empty arena.
Yeah, that was about the worst super bowl I've ever had to sit through. Fortunately, I have been studying for an exam on Tuesday, so at least it made it easier to ignore the tv since the game sucked.
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The Renault looks superb, the Jordan doesn't look too bad. Limiting rear wing aero meant body dynamics had to come into play, which is why the cars now look like they do, but limiting it further makes them look really good. However, the body dynamics only seem to be around the engine covers, whereas there are rumours the new Ferrari has a really trick front suspension setup with sculpture to boot. Lastly, the new BAR looks remarkably similar to last year's Ferrari.
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
LONDON (Reuters) - A Welsh rugby fan cut off his own testicles to celebrate Wales beating England at rugby, the Daily Mirror has reported.

Geoff Huish, 26, was so convinced England would win Saturday's match he told fellow drinkers at a social club, "If Wales win I'll cut my balls off", the paper said on Tuesday.

Friends at the club in Caerphilly, south Wales, thought he was joking.

But after the game Huish went home, severed his testicles with a knife, and walked 200 metres back to the bar with the testicles to show the shocked drinkers what he had done.

Huish was taken to hospital where he remained in a seriously ill condition, the paper said. Police told the paper he had a history of mental problems.

Wales's 11-9 victory over England at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff was their first home win in 12 years.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/050208/80/fbzpn.html
Hazza_CPFC
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Economist)
His transfer record is generally pretty poor :confused: Vieira, Henry, Anelka, Toure, Fabregas, Campbell, Clichy, Ljungberg to mention a few. The only flops he has had was Jeffers and Wiltord but some would argue he did a good job for the club. Wenger has had very limited resources in terms of transfer money and in my opinion has spent very wisely. He beats Maurinho and Ferguson in this department hands down.
Wright, Cygan, Almunia, Grimandi, Jeffers, Wiltord, etc...

Mourihno can't be judged yet but I do agree that Ferguson has bought some donlkeys over the years - then again he's won the treble as well as a whole load of titles and FA cups with a squad largely home grown (and yes I do know this has a hell of a lot to do with Brian Kidd).

Wenger has failed to bring in players to cover the weak points in his team - that to me means he has a poor transfer record. Man Utd had a weakness at the back, they bought in Ferdinand. Granted, Arsenal don't have that kind of money, but they see not to have even seriously tried to plug the gap.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I happened to have been eating when I read that...
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Hazza_CPFC)
Arsenal don't have that kind of money, but they see not to have even seriously tried to plug the gap.
They could have attempted to beat Liverpool in signing Scott Carson from Leeds.
Makavelli_07
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I have to agree, i don't believe Wenger is particularly clever in the market.

Sure he has a very good eye, and has a good record of buying cheaper players and turning it into a profit or the player doing particularly well at the club - Vieira, Ljunberg etc.

However he doesn't seem to buy the correct type of player. Arsenal have been shoddy at the back for a long time, pretty much since the 'Old rearguard' retired, and he has yet to buy a decent defender. Cole and Lauren are very good going forward, but in my opinion fall very short defensively compared to other full backs. Toure has done well since coming in, but isn't top class. Campbell is past it.

If he really was as good in the market as you say he is then he would have adressed this instead of buying more and more attacking players.
chandni
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
the cars for this yr just dnt look as sexy to me as they have done in previous years and the ferrari has the ugliest front end ever with the exception of the William's walrus from last year!!!
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ferrari's front end is not a new concept... the underwing wouldn't be there if it wasn't beneficial.

edit: plus its just a mod to the 04 car, the 05 car isn't coming out till the 'european' season starts
Mad_Monkey59
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Makavelli_07)
I have to agree, i don't believe Wenger is particularly clever in the market.

Sure he has a very good eye, and has a good record of buying cheaper players and turning it into a profit or the player doing particularly well at the club - Vieira, Ljunberg etc.

However he doesn't seem to buy the correct type of player. Arsenal have been shoddy at the back for a long time, pretty much since the 'Old rearguard' retired, and he has yet to buy a decent defender. Cole and Lauren are very good going forward, but in my opinion fall very short defensively compared to other full backs. Toure has done well since coming in, but isn't top class. Campbell is past it.

If he really was as good in the market as you say he is then he would have adressed this instead of buying more and more attacking players.
Campbell past it? - he's one of the best defenders in the world, and could start in any team in the world.
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Mad_Monkey59)
Campbell past it? - he's one of the best defenders in the world, and could start in any team in the world.
You really think so?

Don't get me wrong he was an excellent defender, and still is a fairly good one, but he is no where near the level he was. He's past his peak i think, and is getting worse by the month.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Don't get me wrong he was an excellent defender, and still is a fairly good one, but he is no where near the level he was. He's past his peak i think, and is getting worse by the month.
It's amazing to see how club biases are apparent :p:

Replace him with John Terry?
hossy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ireland all the way!

Im off to watch the Scotland Vs Ireland match this weekend!

Look at the backline!!

Im normally a big England fan but they look like they have no direction both in a game plan and in selection problems.

Come on Ireland!!
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
It's amazing to see how club biases are apparent :p:

Replace him with John Terry?
Yeah, definately. John Terry and Rio Ferdinand should be the first choice pairing for England. Of that there is not a doubt in my mind.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeah, definately. John Terry and Rio Ferdinand should be the first choice pairing for England. Of that there is not a doubt in my mind.
Once again I agree. :cool:
chandni
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i know that but the modified front wing looks so wrong...the ferrari is meant to be the best looking car on the grid and with that ugly bit of carbon fibre it won't be for at least the first four races!!!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by hossy)
Im normally a big England fan but they look like they have no direction both in a game plan and in selection problems.
I don't think much to England's new coach. Do you?
F1 fanatic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by chandni)
i know that but the modified front wing looks so wrong...the ferrari is meant to be the best looking car on the grid and with that ugly bit of carbon fibre it won't be for at least the first four races!!!
Of course there is a risk to all this sculpting. With greater sculpting comes greater pressure on the cooling system, which are already stretched as it is. This is a potential disaster given the two weekends per engine reg. I somehow think drivers wont want to be hanging round on the grid :p:
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Congrats to Ellen!
A brilliant achievement!
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
for some strange reason i think they may have taken that into consideration mr fanatic... notice how vanes are nearly compare to the late 90's... also, the shaping of the cars has been pretty constant, just the sculpting has improved. winglets appearing on what was previously nothingness etc....
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (17)
94.44%
No (1)
5.56%

Watched Threads