Archive SPTM/0002/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Guess who I am: "Who can we play on the right now? Beckham? Gerrard? Hargreaves? They've all played there before. I know, I'll put Andy Johnson there, he's played as a bustling centre forward all his career and as a lone striker all this season but god dammit I'm feeeeelin a little crrrazay"

"Oh, and that Downing lad - the best naturally left footed English winger for 20 years - I think I'll tell him to just play sort of central sort of on the left and sort of coming inside and sort of deep - avoid the wings at all costs. That'll confuse him"

"And while we're at it, let's bring Keiron Dyer on - the most overrated player in over 100 years of footballing history"
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Even SWP was played out of position
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
What a thrilling game.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Zzzz.zzz... :hmpf:
Economist
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
What a thrilling game.
Best game ive seen in ages! English football is soo dire at the moment and im beginning to question Sven's ability even though I have supported him since he was appointed
~Sam~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
What the hell that he doing?! Johnson's a STRIKER in case Sven hadn't noticed :rolleyes:
Mad_Monkey59
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
that was a particularly poor football match it has to be said.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Why weren't Johnson and Downing given the full 90 minutes? After all this fuss about them two they were played out of position AND played for 30 minutes. The defence looked shambolic and many players seemed to be asleep.

I'd like to see Steve McClaren manage England, say if Sven is ill or something, and see what he does.
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
The defence looked shambolic and many players seemed to be asleep.
:eek: Jamie Carragher did well!
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
:eek: Jamie Carragher did well!
Yeah right
guest1984
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
what about Owen?.......WTF did he do all match?......isn't he like warming the bench in Real?.....

He got 90 mins, and Johnson got 30 mins and Defoe got 0 mins??? :eek:

Why is Joe Cole always in the squad and never plays? :eek:

I though Beckham and Gerrald had a good game, Lampard was non-existant in the 1st half
james101
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
what a rubish game, the commentators summed it up well - BORING! i can't believe i was looking forward to the game.
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The Engage Super League X season kicks off on Friday and the six clubs involved in the first three fixtures have announced their 20-man provisional squads.

The announcements are the first of a new system which means each Super League club will provide a 20-man line-up 72 hours in advance of their respective matches and then an 18-man squad 24 hours prior to kick-off.

Sides playing on Saturday will unveil their 20-man squad tomorrow (Wednesday), those playing on Sunday will unveil on Thursday and so on throughout the season to ensure fans are kept up to date.

In the first round of matches, defending champions Leeds Rhinos travel to face Hull FC at the KC Stadium buoyed by their thrilling 39-32 Carnegie World Club Challenge triumph over Australian counterparts Canterbury Bulldogs last week.

New signing Gareth Ellis will be looking to continue his impressive Leeds form, while for Hull Australian winger Nathan Blacklock should become a consistent source of points for the Black and Whites following his move from St George Illawara.

Hull are likely to be without centre Richard Whiting (ankle) for the game and will give late fitness tests to Chris Chester (shoulder) and Garreth Carvell (shoulder).

St Helens entertain Widnes Vikings with another Aussie, Jamie Lyon, determined to make an impact. The former Australia Test centre is looking to rebuild his career in the Engage Super League after becoming disgruntled in his native country.

However, the Saints are down to the bare bones at the moment with Sean Long (knee), Lee Gilmour (shoulder), Jason Hooper (knee) and Keith Mason (leg) all on the treatment table and Kiwi forward Michael Smith announcing his decision to quit the club due to personal reasons.

Wigan Warriors’ home clash with Salford City Reds at the JJB Stadium will see Luke Robinson and David Hodgson reunited with their old team-mates, albeit on opposing sides.

The Reds pair will be hoping to turn over their former employers who have a mini-crisis in the forward line following the unfortunate injuries to Luke Davico (pectoral muscle) and Andy Farrell (knee).

Hull FC v Leeds Rhinos, KC Stadium, Friday 11th February 2005

Hull FC 20-man squad: Briscoe, Blacklock, Yeaman, Raynor, R Horne, Lupton, Dowes, Swain, McMenemy, Cooke, Tony, Thackray, Saxton, Chester, Higgins, Brough, Dixon, McNicholas, G Horne, Hill.
Leeds Rhinos 20-man squad: Mathers, Calderwood, Walker, Senior, Bai, McGuire, Burrow, Bailey, McDermott, Lauitiiti, McKenna, Sinfield, Dunemann, Ward, Poching, McDonald, Jones-Buchanan, Ellis, Botham, Smith.

St Helens v Widnes Vikings, Knowsley Road, Friday 11th February 2005

St Helens 20-man squad: Wellens, Gardner, Lyon, Talau, Albert, J Roby, Long, Fozzard, Higham, Anderson, Graham, Gilmour, P Sculthorpe, Cunningham, Edmondson, Bennett, Wilkin, Hardman.
Widnes Vikings 20-man squad: Hughes, Holmes, Connolly, Emelio, Moule, Whittle, Rowlands, Craigie, Hulse, O’Neill, Cassidy, O’Connor, Stankevitch, Mills, Frame, Finnigan, Fa-alogo, Smith, Whitaker, Millard.

Wigan Warriors v Salford City Reds, JJB Stadium, Friday 11th February 2005

Wigan Warriors 20-man squad: Radlinski, Dallas, Aspinwall, Vaealiki, Wild, Orr, Brown, Moran, Seuseu, D Sculthorpe, Newton, Godwin, Hock, Tickle, O’Loughlin, Hansen, Beswick, Allen, Coyle, Hargreaves.
Salford City Reds 20-man squad: Beverley, Hodgson, Littler, Stewart, Robinson, Coley, Alker, Rutgerson, Baldwin, Charles, Highton, Fitzpatrick, McAvoy, Haggerty, Dickens, Jonkers, Clough, Brocklehurst, McGuinness, Sibbit.
Mad_Monkey59
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ahhh four others agree with me, fine footballing minds I must say
F1 fanatic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by El Stevo)
no... i'm in college but f1 has been in my life since i can remember.

i'll ditto that
I'm not really in an F1 loving family. I kinda developed it independantly and so have only really been aware of it since 1996, although I do remember Senna's death. Even then I only really got obsessed in 98/99. Im a man of the Hakkinen era and so always have a soft spot for Mclaren.

I have gone back over the history though. Its an area that fascinates. Im actually sad enough to be able to recite all world champions and nearly all the cars they drove. Pathetic huh?

I take it your interest is the technical side. I like that side too though few do. Have you read the Matchett trilogy? They are a real insight if you are interested in that side of it.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Have to admit I quite liked the lineup at the beginning in that all the big names are all on the team sheet. On second thoughts, its not that great as players are not really playing where they are good at. :hmpf:
chandni
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
the link you posted was what I was trying to get at about what mclaren have done to theur car...my lack of articuateness let me down yet again!!!

Finding 2 other f1 fans on a forum like this is quite an achievement I also post on some specialed ferrari and f1 message boards where I talk to tons of fans but they all tend to be a fair bit older than me and sometimes don't take my views seriosuly coz I am so young!!!

I'd love to get to know the techy side of F1 better...it's something I'm only just getting into now after about 8 years of following the sport...terrible!!! I've been meaning to read the Machett books for a while but I haven't got round to it yet are they worth the money and the time???
Economist
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by guest1984)
what about Owen?.......WTF did he do all match?......isn't he like warming the bench in Real?.....

He got 90 mins, and Johnson got 30 mins and Defoe got 0 mins??? :eek:

Why is Joe Cole always in the squad and never plays? :eek:

I though Beckham and Gerrald had a good game, Lampard was non-existant in the 1st half
Yes Owen is warming the bench but he is still their most productive player based on goals per minutes played. Not a bad effort considering they have the likes of Ronaldo and Raul
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by F1 fanatic)
I'm not really in an F1 loving family. I kinda developed it independantly and so have only really been aware of it since 1996, although I do remember Senna's death. Even then I only really got obsessed in 98/99. Im a man of the Hakkinen era and so always have a soft spot for Mclaren.
well. apart from my dad my family is too mad on it either. spa 92 was schumacher's first win, and i've been an avid fan ever since. however, senna is my best all time driver. and for reasons unknown i have always been a ferrari fan, not just since their dominant era began.

I have gone back over the history though. Its an area that fascinates. Im actually sad enough to be able to recite all world champions and nearly all the cars they drove. Pathetic huh?
nothing sad about that really. i know all the champions, etc because i've read so many books not because i set out to learn them.

I take it your interest is the technical side. I like that side too though few do.
recently it is, but i used to be obssessed with the driving side. so much so i started to race myself, but budget racing was never going to get me anywhere, so after 4 years i retired. i'll do it again sometime, heck, i still have my MSA/FIA racing license. towards the end of my driving, and after i quit i started to take a lot mroe interest in the technical side of karts, and therefore formula 1. car setup, engine tuning etc. it is a subject which never ceases to amaze me, and when i read about the dual-sprung lotus 85 or the fan-car, or the 6 wheeled tyrell... man those guys were innovative.

Have you read the Matchett trilogy? They are a real insight if you are interested in that side of it.
i haven't actually... most of what i know comes from karting. after all, f1 is glorified karting. you'd be surprised with the technical side of karting believe me. for example, my reasoning about straightening up the airflow was because i had come up with a similar method, directing air into airboxes to make the engine run cleaner, inadvertantly ()slightly turbo-charging them. but thats another story
Yossarian
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Economist)
Yes Owen is warming the bench but he is still their most productive player based on goals per minutes played. Not a bad effort considering they have the likes of Ronaldo and Raul
Going one goals per minutes he appears on the pitch he is second in the la liga. First is Samuel Eto'o so it would suggest that Owen has/is doing rather well.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1618)
79.2%
Leave (425)
20.8%

Watched Threads