Archive SPTM/0002/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
idiopathic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
haha can't believe Sven was trying to suggest that the game was good and he got something out of it, in his interview.
Yossarian
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
Sven Out Sven Out Sven Out Sven Out Sven Out Sven Out Sven Out Sven Out Sven Out Sven Out Sven Out Sven Out Sven Out Sven Out Sven Out Sven Out Sven Out Sven Out Sven Out Sven Out Sven Out Sven Out Sven Out .

Who's with me comrades?

The revolution begins here.

All we have to loose are our chains!
F1 fanatic
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by chandni)
the link you posted was what I was trying to get at about what mclaren have done to theur car...my lack of articuateness let me down yet again!!!

Finding 2 other f1 fans on a forum like this is quite an achievement I also post on some specialed ferrari and f1 message boards where I talk to tons of fans but they all tend to be a fair bit older than me and sometimes don't take my views seriosuly coz I am so young!!!

I'd love to get to know the techy side of F1 better...it's something I'm only just getting into now after about 8 years of following the sport...terrible!!! I've been meaning to read the Machett books for a while but I haven't got round to it yet are they worth the money and the time???
Depends how much you like that side. The Mechanics tale has become 1 of my favourites. I think thats the best 1 if you could choose 1. The technical 1 is good but I found it a bit basic in some areas. Still a really good read though. You can probably get it from the library though. The older ones at least.
F1 fanatic
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by El Stevo)
well. apart from my dad my family is too mad on it either. spa 92 was schumacher's first win, and i've been an avid fan ever since. however, senna is my best all time driver. and for reasons unknown i have always been a ferrari fan, not just since their dominant era began.
i haven't actually... most of what i know comes from karting. after all, f1 is glorified karting. you'd be surprised with the technical side of karting believe me. for example, my reasoning about straightening up the airflow was because i had come up with a similar method, directing air into airboxes to make the engine run cleaner, inadvertantly ()slightly turbo-charging them. but thats another story
I see pressure waves right
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
I agree. I don't know what Terry has to do to be chosen alongside with Rio. He's part of the best defence that the Premiership has not seen for ages, and it looks like Chelsea may well beat the lowest goals conceded per game ratio set by Liverpool many years ago.
I'm in agreement with you, he definately deserves his chance in my eyes, i just meant that it seems as though myself and Mad_Monkey just have different opinions.

Also, What's liverpool's record? I know Arsenals is 17 in 38 games, what's Liverpool's one? It's something like 16 in 42, no?
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Terry and Ferdinand, i think.

Also, i'm suprised that no-one has mentioned Ledley King. He'd be my third choice, ahead of Campbell in fourth.

Nice to see Brown and Carragher looked pretty comfortbale tonight aswell. We seem to be pretty strong in this area.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think Rio is over-rated. I don't think Carragher is good enough to be in the team either.
I'd certainly stick John Terry at the back..

This is my dream England line-up at the moment..

GK: Nigel Martyn
FB: Ashley Cole
CB: John Terry
CB: Sol Campbell
FB: Gary Neville
DMC: Steven Gerrard
LMC: Shaun Wright Phillips
MC: Frank Lampard
RMC: David Beckham
ST: Jermaine Defoe
ST: Alan Shearer

Oh well, pity int it!
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
F*K off back to Sweden you dumb b*tch.

Now i've got that out of my system, onto the match.

What a dire one it was. After the first 30 minutes i decided to switch over the the final overs of the cricket, which was much more entertaining. Then i watched the last half an hour. So i missed the middle 30 minutes, I'm quite confident i didn't miss anything, based on the other hour of the game.

Why didn't he start Downing and Johnson? What did he possibly aim to learn about them from the final 30 minutes? Especially if they're played out of position. If he only planned on giving them that much time then he might aswell have left them at home and put on other regular squad members at the end. It was pointless.

Owen was dire. Absolutely dead. I wasn't impressed by either of the 3 starting midfielders, either. They can play a hell of a lot batter.

The two central defenders at least looked comfortable in my opinion. They didn't seem to troubled from the hour i saw.

All in all it was a pretty poor match, and a complete waste of time. If he is so insistent on having all of these friendlies then at least use them properly and try out all the new players.

Anyone think Johnson and Downing will be included in the next squad?
Mad_Monkey59
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Makavelli_07)
Terry and Ferdinand, i think.

Also, i'm suprised that no-one has mentioned Ledley King. He'd be my third choice, ahead of Campbell in fourth.

Nice to see Brown and Carragher looked pretty comfortbale tonight aswell. We seem to be pretty strong in this area.
c'mon man Campbell in forth behind Ledley King? Kings good man but I wouldn't say he can compete with Campbell yet.
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Mad_Monkey59)
c'mon man Campbell in forth behind Ledley King? Kings good man but I wouldn't say he can compete with Campbell yet.
Like i said in the other thread i just think that we're going to have to agree to disagree.

I think Ledley King is a very good player. He has the strength and ariel ability to match Campbell. He is faster then Campbell, although Campbell does have a better positional sense. Ledley seems alot more comfortable on the ball then Sol does, and i think that's important.

I'd rather have King in my side, just.
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Pitch Invasion are having a tournament in Kent on 3rd of March. After reading the thread the other day, it seems as though a lot of members play 5 a side.

I was just wandering if anyone is planning on entering? If not, i think you should.

I'm entering with a team, and we could get a load of us entering teams and see who get's the furthest. :p:
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Pitch Invasion are having a tournament in Kent on 3rd of March. After reading the thread the other day, it seems as though a lot of members play 5 a side.

I was just wandering if anyone is planning on entering? If not, i think you should.

I'm entering with a team, and we could get a load of us entering teams and see who get's the furthest. :p:
Kent. It's totally the other side of the country, LOL
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
Kent. It's totally the other side of the country, LOL
I realised that it might be a long way for some, but for others it's within a decent distance.

Face it, your not cool enough to go anyway. :p:
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I realised that it might be a long way for some, but for others it's within a decent distance.

Face it, your not cool enough to go anyway. :p:
Hahaha
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hahaha
That's what i though. Loser. :p:

Also, there's a specific ban on Evertonians. You wouldn't get close.
Jump
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Whereabouts in Kent?
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
That's what i though. Loser. :p:

Also, there's a specific ban on Evertonians. You wouldn't get close.
hahaha the abuse the abuse! :cool:
Jump
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Rio and Terry by a country mile, they are both world class...campbell does his job but these days you need all 10 outfield players to be very good on the ball.
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by jumpunderaboat)
Whereabouts in Kent?
I'm not sure it says to phone for the info. I'm going to give the guy a ring tomorrow as it's too late now. He'd probably moan at me for waking him up.
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
hahaha the abuse the abuse! :cool:
You know i'm joking dude. There's nothing wrong with supporting Everton.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (293)
26.11%
Yes - they're famous (283)
25.22%
No I don't (546)
48.66%

Watched Threads