Archive SPTM/0002/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Makavelli_07)
There's nothing wrong with supporting Everton.
Big Dunc is what's wrong with it.
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by jumpunderaboat)
Big Dunc is what's wrong with it.
hehe, he's a legend. Although he is bleeding us dry
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
hehe, he's a legend. Although he is bleeding us dry
worth keeping him though, if only for the 'tales of assualt'
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by jumpunderaboat)
worth keeping him though, if only for the 'tales of assualt'
He's been effective this term! :cool:
EPD
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
I think Rio is over-rated. I don't think Carragher is good enough to be in the team either.
I'd certainly stick John Terry at the back..

This is my dream England line-up at the moment..

GK: Nigel Martyn
FB: Ashley Cole
CB: John Terry
CB: Sol Campbell
FB: Gary Neville
DMC: Steven Gerrard
LMC: Shaun Wright Phillips
MC: Frank Lampard
RMC: David Beckham
ST: Jermaine Defoe
ST: Alan Shearer

Oh well, pity int it!
Alan Shearer?!
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Also, What's liverpool's record? I know Arsenals is 17 in 38 games, what's Liverpool's one? It's something like 16 in 42, no?
Liverpool shipped 16 in 42 games in 1978/79 at 0.38 per game. Arsenal have the best Premiership return of 17 in 38 (0.45). Well remembered :cool:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Anyone think Johnson and Downing will be included in the next squad?
Diffucult to answer since they didn't get much of a start. Knowing Sven he'd hardly play them.
El Stevo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by F1 fanatic)
I see pressure waves right
creating a totally illegal but totally undetectable turbo because of the way we set it up.
Hazza_CPFC
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I can't believe I actually thought AJ would get a chance up front. How naive I am

I think Sven mucks about with the players and puts everyone in the wrong position in order to prove a point to the FA that these friendlies are a complete and utter waste of time: "Look guys, we learn nothing when our best wide left player goes narrow and the highest scoring striker is on the right wing".

What a ponce. I've always supported Sven, but he's starting to really wind me up now.

On the plus side, Holland got a chance to bed in their good young players. Hooray for them.
Hazza_CPFC
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Economist)
I mentioned Jeffers and Wiltord. Cygan, Almunia, Grimandi didnt exactly break the bank and they were purchased as back up
Back-up? Cygan is the first choice substitute at centre-back if Toure or Campbell can't play. They're the League champions and only have two decent central defenders. Sounds like poor use of transfers to me.

Almunia has played in the first team fairly regularly for the last, what, three months? Hardly a back-up. And that's only because Lehmann has turned out to be as dodgy as all the rest of the keepers Wenger has brought in.

As for none of them breaking the bank, there's a great quote from Mourihno along the lines of: "A player bought in for almost nothing can be the most expensive signing ever if he never plays".
Hazza_CPFC
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Definitely Terry and Rio by miles and miles.

Campbell is big and strong, but that's about it. King should be ahead of him in the pecking order because he's a much more accomplished footballer.

As for Woodgate, the talent is obviously there, but he's never going to be reliable with his record of injuries.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Rio and Campbell i think, because they simply seem to be better players than Terry is.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I don't believe i wasted 90 minutes of my life watching that game.
jamieholmear
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
john terry all the way, should be next england captain really
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
According to several sources Andy Farrell and Kris Radlinski are being sounded out by the R.F.U. with a view to playing in the 2007 world cup My opinions are as follows:
----------------------------------------------------

Radlinski is crocked he won't last the three years until 2007 if I was him I'd take a stack of cash from anywhere that offers it as early retirement is on the cards anyway.

Farrell spent half of last season on the physio table and is due to spend the first four months of this one on the sideline.

Both players are around 30 and if the R.F.U. is going to rely on a couple of 32 year old Rugby League players to spearhead their 2007 defence then there must be a total lack of quality in the union ranks.

I'll give this as much credence as the Paul Sculthorpe to Warrington and Sean Long to Wigan rumours.

Somebody is ***** stiring, no named source, not even a reporters name on the early release in the Independant.

Interesting I think that both players are due for contract renewal soon. Has their agent been talking to a union journalist, never, he wouldn't try to pull that old stunt would he?

One player at Wigan was shown the door following this sort of shenanigins, it backed fired on him when he thought he'd been a smart @rse.

Personally I think that this is the usual sly story that comes out around the start of the Superleague with the view on unsettling one or two players.

On a final note in the unlikley event that it is all true if they want to go then let them. It is a well known fact that rugby union is less physically demanding and they could probably extend their respective careers by one or two years. Both players are reported to be on over £200K p/a and I doubt that they R.F.U. would risk offering them much more.

On another subject Gerome Guisset is rumored to be on his way to Wigan after a breif stint (6 months) in French Rugby Union. Guess that the grass is not always greener...
Yossarian
Report 13 years ago
He may be South African really, but he is quickly becoming an utter legend. (Please dont this be the touch of death) :top:
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
I don't believe i wasted 90 minutes of my life watching that game.
LOL, some people wasted 160 minutes of their life watching two very boring rugby games last Saturday.

Interesting how the commentators last night were keen to say that the match was boring but in the six nations they will never **** off the game.
chandni
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
he's playing really well. I hope some other players come into form quickly as england need to win these last two matches!!!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by jamieholmear)
john terry all the way, should be next england captain really
For some reason some managers like to make strikers captains. Don't see how that benefits the point of having and being captain.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by pig)
Terry + anyone but Sol 'second touch is a sliding tackle' Campbell.
Sliding tackles are good when done right. There the only thing that i can honestly say that i'm totally amazing at, and thats why i want campbell there with rio, because he plays like i do.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (56)
19.31%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (117)
40.34%
Nope, not that interesting (117)
40.34%

Watched Threads