Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Any more disgruntled hammers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    I think everyone else has said what I was gonna say, so ... let's just be glad we won the world cup, and enjoy the next 2.5 years
    And when (because it's more likely to when rather than if) we lose the title of world champions what is next exactly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    Becuase at the moment you guys are relying to heavily on your backline to produce massive breaks which at the moment the only guy who is achieving that is Jason, the other guys are falling the set pieces on their faces and thats not leaving the fowards much to work with. If you play the same way that you guys have been and you come up against a team with a strong backline like Ireland, you are going to get sent to the slaughter. Thats something Ireland do very well is find gaps from set pieces.
    Indeed. Looks like Ireland will be the winners

ReputationRep:
    depends on the test... beating a lap record at a track that hasn't been used for 6 years gave a false impression of mclaren last year... but testing end of season 97 showed the mclarens were going to be devastating in 98. and they were.

ReputationRep:
    he last few years mclaren and williams and toyota to an extent have been great in testing and a couple of times they have gotten me worred but when it came o racing ferrari was just supreme...in 2003 it was close but if you look into the stats it was the points system that made it close!!!

ReputationRep:
    Did you lose?

ReputationRep:
    i don't like the new points system... in 2003 it took ages for schumacher to claw back a 10 point defecit because he dnf'd in mebourne... it gives no impetus to race, and allows the msot consistent driver to win... that was the reason for changing points for 8,6,4,3,2,1 to 9,6,4,3,2,1 and then 10,6,4,3,2,1. 10,8,6,5,4,3,2,1 is just stupid...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Did you lose?
    Yeah they lost to Seffield United 3-1 on penalties after a 1-1 draw.

They were quite poor, and failed to take advantage of having an extra man, after Morgan got sent off for the blades.

Didn't really deserve to go through to be honest. Missed out on a tie with Arsenal, aswell. Shame.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Makavelli_07)
    Didn't really deserve to go through to be honest.
    So I heard.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting...

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea, it appears, are leading the way with this new imperialism. By doing so, they are trying to control the global transfer market, allowing them to sign whoever they want, whenever they want.
    If this is imperialism god help the world from the USA! Chelsea acting a bit like MicroSoft according to this article.

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't have to.

ReputationRep:
    you lost through being *****! Come on Wales!

ReputationRep:
    they've basically gone full cirlce!!! The FIA spent years trying to "make" the scuderia win and since they started winning they have done everything in their power to stop the train!!! I mean mad max's latest proposals of having an age cap for drivers...I wonder who that's trying to stop...not!!! They should just go back to f1 as t was in 2002. so you have 12 lap qualy (maybe with some mods to it like you have to do a flying lap within every 15mins or something) the old points system which I believe to be fair and the cars all looking pretty good!!

ReputationRep:
    hi,

does anyone think that London has a chance at hosting the olympics? Anyone think they should be in london.

phil

ReputationRep:
    I think London would be great for the Olympics, an the Olympics great for London. Dulldozing Stratford - Hackney cant be bad!

But shame Paris is going to get it

ReputationRep:
    meh.

athens was good, london wouldnt really compare to that in my book.

ReputationRep:
    Has it already been decided?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Has it already been decided?
    Officially no, but in reality - perhaps, Paris looks likely to win with London coming second, bloody French.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Officially no, but in reality - perhaps, Paris looks likely to win with London coming second, bloody French.
    Oh dear. It's about time we hosted a main sporting event. Time to host the football world cup or something! Couldn't see Spain winning with all the kufuffle over race relations.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.