What gets rid of red acne scars?

Watch
AF1123
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I have googled it but all I see is product promotions and loads and loads of creams and it’s just difficult for me to decide because it seems like everyone is just trying to sell a cream/fake reviews. Anyway if anyone has used acne scar treatment and it has ACTUALLY changed your skin.. then please let know. What genuinely worked for you? Thank you!!
AF1123
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
(Original post by AF1123)
I have googled it but all I see is product promotions and loads and loads of creams and it’s just difficult for me to decide because it seems like everyone is just trying to sell a cream/fake reviews. Anyway if anyone has used acne scar treatment and it has ACTUALLY changed your skin.. then please let know. What genuinely worked for you? Thank you!!
Anyone?
Spelunker
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
you could try african black soap. i've heard it helps reduce hyperpigmentation and acne scarring. be sure to get the real soap that is in a bar cuz fake ones ca have chemicals which are bad for the skin.
itsabouttime21
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Wear sunscreen and do not expose your skin to the sun. Your red marks will fade quicker if you reduce exposure to UV light. There is no 'cure' as such, but I heard Pulse Dye lasers can help reduce the redness.
Last edited by itsabouttime21; 3 weeks ago
AF1123
Rep:
(Original post by Spelunker)
you could try african black soap. i've heard it helps reduce hyperpigmentation and acne scarring. be sure to get the real soap that is in a bar cuz fake ones ca have chemicals which are bad for the skin.
Thank you! Will check it out
AF1123
Rep:
(Original post by itsabouttime21)
Wear sunscreen and do not expose your skin to the sun. Your red marks will fade quicker if you reduce exposure to UV light. There is no 'cure' as such, but I heard Pulse Dye lasers can help reduce the redness.
I wear sunscreen everyday day morning and night but it’s not fading yes I may check laser thank you!!
itsabouttime21
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
I wear sunscreen everyday day morning and night but it’s not fading yes I may check laser thank you!!
It can take several years to fade. But see a private skin/dermatologist consultant and they can advise you on the best laser treatment to speed it up.
itsabouttime21
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
The clinical term for it is 'post inflammatory erythema' if it helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (21)
8.86%
Okay (68)
28.69%
A bit lacking (89)
37.55%
Not good at all (59)
24.89%

Watched Threads