The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

University of Sheffield Scholarship Application HELP!!

Anyone applied for International Undergraduate Merit Scholarship? I need advice to write the essay. Please Help.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by sixpaths06
Anyone applied for International Undergraduate Merit Scholarship? I need advice to write the essay. Please Help.

I am an offer holder from India. I am offered a place for Economics and Politics. Please tell me about this scholarship.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Original post by AnuSin88
I am an offer holder from India. I am offered a place for Economics and Politics. Please tell me about this scholarship.

Google it.

Hi there,

I have linked here some more information about the Universities Undergraduate International merit scholarship. On summary this scholarship covers 50% of tuition fees and is available for 75 students each year, there is a range of eligibility requirements for the scholarship which you can view on the website. There is some advice on how to apply and what they are looking for in applications too :smile:

Best of luck & Let me know if I can help with anything else!

Alisha
3rd Year
BMedSci Orthoptics
Reply 4
Original post by University of Sheffield Students
Hi there,

I have linked here some more information about the Universities Undergraduate International merit scholarship. On summary this scholarship covers 50% of tuition fees and is available for 75 students each year, there is a range of eligibility requirements for the scholarship which you can view on the website. There is some advice on how to apply and what they are looking for in applications too :smile:

Alisha
3rd Year
BMedSci Orthoptics

Thank you so much Alisha. This was so helpful. It would be impossible for me to be there if I don’t get financial assistance.
Reply 5
Hi there,

Alisha
3rd Year
BMedSci Orthoptics

can you connect me with anyone who got the scholarship?
Reply 6
Hi there,

Alisha
3rd Year
BMedSci Orthoptics

Can you tell me what is the topic for essay/personal statement?
Reply 7
can you connect me with anyone who got the scholarship?

Het, what is the topic for your essay?
Reply 8
Hi there,

Alisha
3rd Year
BMedSci Orthoptics

can you please tell how long does it take to hear back after application?
Reply 9
can you please tell how long does it take to hear back after application?

I got mine within 2 weeks.
I got mine within 2 weeks.

did you get the scholarship?
did you get the scholarship?

I emailed them but they are saying that they have updated their Scholarships portal recently and it may take some time for accepting application for scholarships. I am facing a technical glitch while doing so. Has your scholarship portal opened?
I emailed them but they are saying that they have updated their Scholarships portal recently and it may take some time for accepting application for scholarships. I am facing a technical glitch while doing so. Has your scholarship portal opened?

i didn't check. Actually, I didn't login to MUSE yet

are you applying this year? when did you apply?
are you applying this year? when did you apply?

Yes. I applied for Economics and Politics around 25th October, got my offer on 8th Nov. How about you?
Yes. I applied for Economics and Politics around 25th October, got my offer on 8th Nov. How about you?

I applied for mechanical engineering and got my offer on 10 Nov. But, I am not being able to apply for the scholarship. It says "This scholarship is not available to Applicants which your University account is associated with". Can you tell me what does this mean?
I applied for mechanical engineering and got my offer on 10 Nov. But, I am not being able to apply for the scholarship. It says "This scholarship is not available to Applicants which your University account is associated with". Can you tell me what does this mean?

I am getting the same message reflected on screen. Wrote so many emails to their team. The issue hasn’t resolved yet. They are saying that the portal might take some time.
I am getting the same message reflected on screen. Wrote so many emails to their team. The issue hasn’t resolved yet. They are saying that the portal might take some time.

do you have to write any essay to apply for the scholarship?

I don’t know as of yet. I got an email from Finance Team. They said that one has to confirm the place and make Tuition fee deposit plus some other documentation before one can apply for scholarships.
This is really upsetting because I can’t confirm a place until and unless I know that I have the scholarship.
Thank you so much Alisha. This was so helpful. It would be impossible for me to be there if I don’t get financial assistance.

Hi both,

Hope you are well. Unfortunately I don't know much more about the International merit scholarship to answer all your questions. I believe you are required to write an application for the scholarship and on the University site I linked previously there is a list of selection criteria therefore I would recommend trying to include these in your application. You can also contact other students from the University of Sheffield, here you may be able to find a student who has experience with this scholarship to find out a bit more information, I have linked here to the 'chat to students' page. where there are other international students.

I hope this helps out a bit, best of luck with your applications!

Alisha
3rd Year
BMedSci Orthoptics

Quick Reply