CharlotteG23
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi!

I have my interview for primary education with qts and I need to be familiar with educational issues.

Obvious ones are related to the pandemic - with children falling behind, as well as vaccinations, etc.

Can anyone advise me on other educational issues that I can read into?

Thank you )
ThursdaysChild22
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
Inclusion of SEND and SEMH.
Student wellbeing and trauma informed schooling.
The attainment gap (exacerbated by covid).
Assessment and testing at primary level (especially “high stakes” testing such as SATs).
Literacy (always).
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by CharlotteG23)
Hi!

I have my interview for primary education with qts and I need to be familiar with educational issues.

Obvious ones are related to the pandemic - with children falling behind, as well as vaccinations, etc.

Can anyone advise me on other educational issues that I can read into?

Thank you )
Uses of technology in education- links to the pandemic but not solely relating to this.
Provision of arts subjects and enrichment like forest school.
Supporting mental health- again links to the pandemic but not solely about this.
Linked to this, the increasing role schools are having to take on to fill gaps left by other services.
School budget issues, and how this relates to supporting students with additional needs, class sizes etc.
Extending the school day is a topical one at the moment.
Ofsted and how schools are judged/inspected.
tinyperson
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Mental health
Teamwork at school
Enrichment opportunities and clubs
Provision for languages and arts
School finance problems
OFSTED results
Academic lesson quality
Level of staff experience and turnover
Bullying policies
Quality of school in question
Homework assignments
School trips and events
Feedback on a school
Progression routes and options
Literacy and numeracy skill gap
Pupil ability
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.61%
Okay (112)
29.09%
A bit lacking (145)
37.66%
Not good at all (91)
23.64%

Watched Threads