The Student Room Group

what does this mean¿

ever since my boyfriend got let go from his job, we’ve been spending more time together because we have a baby on the way and i just thought it’d be nice to spend time together because we couldn’t when he worked, and he will soon be back at work so may as well spend as much time as possible together?
but apparently not, he says he only wants to see me 3 times a week, he told me how he doesn’t like spending time with me and he’s rather be on his own and i’m too clingy, and then when i do leave him on his own, he’s constantly out and about and hasn’t told me that he’s even going anywhere 95% of the time.
he isn’t very nice to me sometimes and gets really mardy with me, for example, i’ll tell him he’s going over the speed limit and he will be like “how many times have i told you” and then so on...
i just feel like he doesn’t like me anymore, he says he does but when i put it all together in my head it really doesn’t seem like he does so i don’t know what to do, i definitely don’t want to break up, i’ve asked him to respect me more and have asked if we can try and sort the relationship out and he basically says no he doesn’t care about it anymore and nothing will change
Reply 1
obviously i’m not blaming it all on him, he is a very nice person deep down and i feel very guilty even writing this post but i just want people’s opinions on it because i feel like i’m just blinded
Has he been complaining ever since you've been expecting? That might be the reason.
Sorry your in a situation like this, I'm no one to judge but he sounds like a bit of a prick but im sure there is a reason for such attitude. All i can suggest is maybe sitting him down saying this must change and if he carries on you may have to do the scary think and break up with him... Than again im no expert on this **** lol
Reply 4
Original post by ah6100tsr
Has he been complaining ever since you've been expecting? That might be the reason.

no, we’ve known for about 17 weeks now and it’s only the past 2/3 weeks it’s been like this, i think it probably has something to do with him not having a job and his mental health isn’t great either
Reply 5
Original post by Fadi786123
Sorry your in a situation like this, I'm no one to judge but he sounds like a bit of a prick but im sure there is a reason for such attitude. All i can suggest is maybe sitting him down saying this must change and if he carries on you may have to do the scary think and break up with him... Than again im no expert on this **** lol

sometimes he tells me to break up with him because he says he knows hes a bad person and he will never change but i really just wouldn’t ever break up with him i never ever could
So he’s “a very nice person” apart of all the childish, disrespectful behaviour. Okay.

As above, speak to him about your concerns. He almost certainly won’t react well and you can move on from there.
Original post by Anonymous
no, we’ve known for about 17 weeks now and it’s only the past 2/3 weeks it’s been like this, i think it probably has something to do with him not having a job and his mental health isn’t great either

Consider giving him alone time. Unstable mental health can lead to agitation and desiring isolation. This can go on for a month or two. Make him miss you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending