The Student Room Group

QMUL or Loughborough comp sci

I am thinking of the following unis for comp sci:

QMUL, Loughborough, Southampton, Birmingham and RHUL

I was wondering which uni offers better towards the course as so far from what I know:

Loughborough- Great campus, sports and society opportunities

QMUL-russell group, London uni so closer to home

I'm not sure about the course though as such.

Any help and more info on the following unis in terms of experience and feel?
Most of the Russel groups have the same modules for the same courses. You should try chatting to students on Unibuddy
Original post by Arkxhero
I am thinking of the following unis for comp sci:

QMUL, Loughborough, Southampton, Birmingham and RHUL

I was wondering which uni offers better towards the course as so far from what I know:

Loughborough- Great campus, sports and society opportunities

QMUL-russell group, London uni so closer to home

I'm not sure about the course though as such.

Any help and more info on the following unis in terms of experience and feel?

Hi @Arkxhero

Great to hear you're considering Loughborough :smile:

I would recommend having a chat to current students. You can reach Loughborough students via our forum: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=125

I would also recommend that you have a think about what you truly want from your university experience. Everyone is different and what suits one person may not suit you. Think about the cost of living, location, social environment, course content and employability/careers services. When you work out what you want you may find that your decision becomes clearer.

As far as student experience goes, Loughborough is campus-based, so it has a really nice community feel, it's safe and there are loads of societies and clubs to join, as well as a really good students union. The sports facilities are world-renowned but even if you aren't sporty there is plenty to do. Loughborough itself is a town rather than a city, so if you're looking for a city living experience it might not be right for you. However, it has very strong transport links with Leicester and Nottingham and lots of students from Loughborough travel there for nights out etc.

Hope this helps!
Kalisha :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest