The Student Room Group

Queens Hospital Close £125pw Birmingham B15 1NH

Queens Hospital Close £125pw AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY to the 8th July 2022

Bath Row, Birmingham, B15 1NH, United Kingdom

-CHEAPEST EN-SUITE HALLS AVAILABLE IN AWARD-WINNING STUDENT ACCOMMODATION

-Lovely room, clean en-suite and spacious kitchen (new oven & fridge)/communal area shared with 5 friendly flatmates.

-3/4 Double bed, good storage space, large desk and chair, fast internet

-All bills included

-Common room on-site with pool tables

-In a quieter area but only a 5-minute walk to main nightclubs/bars/restaurants, tesco express 1 minute away, Morrisons & Tesco supermarket nearby, close to ALL campuses too

-Bullring and city centres less than a 10-minute walk away

-Bus stop & Uber pick up right outside the halls
Reply 1
Hi.

I can't help with finding a replacement tenant, but you do need to take care when looking for a replacement tenant:

1) Watch for any fees charged by the landlord/estate agent / etc for this tenant swap. Broadly speaking fees of more than £50 are illegal and should not be paid, but there are certain circumstances where they are allowed to charge more than £50. DM me if they want to charge more than £50 and I can advise whether the fee looks OK.

2) Most importantly - you need to take great care with how your security deposit, and the deposit for the incoming tenant, is handled. Otherwise you could find yourself liable for damage that occurs after you move out. The Tenancy Deposit Scheme and ourselves both warn tenants not to let the new tenant pay the deposit to you when you leave. I recommend raising this with the landlord when you do request a tenant swap and ask them to set out what their intended process for the security deposits will be. Happy for you to then run that by me. Also on the day you move out take lots of photos of the areas of the property you could be responsible for (e.g. your room and communal areas) and email them to yourself - that way you draw a line in the sand between you and any damage your housemates cause after you move out and have proof should the landlord seek unreasonable deposit deductions from you.

I wish you the best of luck in your search.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending