Im too lazy to do anything

Watch
Zackkk1
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
In my IGCSE's I never studied, I only ever studied before exams. I got good grades. And now in my As, I'm getting good grades as well, barely studying. I hate myself for this. I failed one of my tests, and I hoped I would feel regret for not studying. I do feel regret, but it didn't faze me into studying for anything. I want to take medicine, but I don't feel the determination to study. As much as I try to study, I instantly think about something else and procrastinate. Also, I have this thing where I'm constantly thinking and I got lost in my thoughts, it keeps me up at night all the time, I can barely sleep. And is it weird that when I get asked any question, my mind becomes too lazy to even think about it like simple math questions that I can do in my sleep, I can't feel bothered to do it? I don't feel any rush from anything. I don't want to seem rude but the only rush I get from school is when I get my results, and I get an A, is seeing people try soo hard to get a decent grade but fail. I don't know why but. But I hate myself for it. Do any of you have anything that can help me? or explain to me what is wrong with me?
Last edited by Zackkk1; 3 weeks ago

Muhammad Razak
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Zackkk1)
In my IGCSE's I never studied, I only ever studied before exams. I got good grades. And now in my As, I'm getting good grades as well, barely studying. I hate myself for this. I failed one of my tests, and I hoped I would feel regret for not studying. I do feel regret, but it didn't faze me into studying for anything. I want to take medicine, but I don't feel the determination to study. As much as I try to study, I instantly think about something else and procrastinate. Also, I have this thing where I'm constantly thinking and I got lost in my thoughts, it keeps me up at night all the time, I can barely sleep. And is it weird that when I get asked any question, my mind becomes too lazy to even think about it like simple math questions that I can do in my sleep, I can't feel bothered to do it? I don't feel any rush from anything. I don't want to seem rude but the only rush I get from school is when I get my results, and I get an A, is seeing people try soo hard to get a decent grade but fail. I don't know why but. But I hate myself for it. Do any of you have anything that can help me? or explain to me what is wrong with me?
What I can say is that is dangerous, even if you're doing well now for 2 reasons. 1) medicine requires extra work to get into BMAT UCAT and interviews. Without preparation you have a lower chance of getting in when your chances of getting in are already slim due to competitiveness relative to other courses. 2) A2 will be harder than A1 and a jump up. In both cases my brother worked relatively well during A1 and got predicted A*A*A but was lazy. A2 he didn't work hard. Forgot to register UCAT on time and flunked the BMAT. After failing to get a med spot he went into depression and failed to achieve good A level grades bc he lost motivation. He got ABB I think. Whilst those results r good for others, he definitely could have achieved much more. Plz just try harder for your own sake and then u can reach for the stars in terms of what u want to achieve. Hopefully this scares u into trying harder. Good luck
INeedHelp543
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Zackkk1)
Damage-joy is something natural, feeling satisfied at others failures. Everyone experiences this at one point and you don't need to feel bad about it. As long as you're not directly being disrespectful to people, you should be fine. As for your procrastination, you should indulge in managing your time by taking breaks between your work and that feeling of satisfaction you'll get once you've finished your tasks should drive you to work harder good luck zack !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (35)
9.62%
Okay (106)
29.12%
A bit lacking (135)
37.09%
Not good at all (88)
24.18%

Watched Threads