Uni course lets student run the class as if they are a tutor..??

Watch this thread
Omgjustwork
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Is it normal for a Uni to let a student run the class? Regularly if the tutor is busy or away they will have a student do the presentation to the class instead.
Is that even legal? I did not expect to pay for another student to run the classes.....
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Omgjustwork)
Is it normal for a Uni to let a student run the class? Regularly if the tutor is busy or away they will have a student do the presentation to the class instead.
Is that even legal? I did not expect to pay for another student to run the classes.....
Depends what you mean - is this student doing a PhD? PhD students routinely teach groups of students. If it's a student from the class you're in, then the presentation is probably a set piece of work that everyone will eventually have to do?
CurryCurry2468
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
If it's a pHD student then yes, I am first year and for 2 of my modules we have a session run by a phD student
Omgjustwork
Rep:
Just a normal student.
PhoenixFortune
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
Just a normal student.
But what do you mean when you say 'normal student'? Someone from your cohort? And are they presenting the content of the lecture, or their own presentation?
Omgjustwork
Rep:
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
But what do you mean when you say 'normal student'? Someone from your cohort? And are they presenting the content of the lecture, or their own presentation?
Yes a student in the cohort, and the content of the lecture
PhoenixFortune
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
Yes a student in the cohort, and the content of the lecture
That's not on - a student who doesn't know the content can't lecture about it. Have you talked to your course reps or student union about it? If not, they should be your first ports of call.
mike23mike
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
Sounds dodgy. You should complain.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (83)
41.5%
The paper was reasonable (91)
45.5%
Not feeling great about that exam... (15)
7.5%
It was TERRIBLE (11)
5.5%

Watched Threads