Backpack brands, which do you prefer?

Watch
Whatsmyusername
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
There's plenty of choice for backpacks suitable for school/uni/work, like:

-Herschel
-Fjallraven Kanken
-Vans
-Hype
-JanSport
-Kipling
-Eastpak

Out of so much choice, I was wondering what brands people here like, or if there's anything you despise.
Last edited by Whatsmyusername; 3 weeks ago
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
Eastpak are good. They have a 30 year warranty.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Whatsmyusername)
There's plenty of choice for backpacks suitable for school/uni/work, like:

-Herschel
-Fjallraven Kanken
-Vans
-Hype
-JanSport
-Kipling

Out of so much choice, I was wondering what brands people here like, or if there's anything you despise.
Swissgear are excellent - can't fault them.
Whatsmyusername
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
Eastpak are good. They have a 30 year warranty.
Ah I forgot about that one. Added that to the list.

(Original post by Reality Check)
Swissgear are excellent - can't fault them.
Swissgear has more of a travel/luggage design instead of for a student. They're pretty big.
Reality Check
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Whatsmyusername)
Swissgear has more of a travel/luggage design instead of for a student. They're pretty big.
I wouldn't have said they were a 'luggage' design: there are plenty of designs for the needs of students, although some of them are big. It depends what you're after. mnot is a bit of a fan of them, if I remember correctly, as am I.
mnot
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
I wouldn't have said they were a 'luggage' design: there are plenty of designs for the needs of students, although some of them are big. It depends what you're after. mnot is a bit of a fan of them, if I remember correctly, as am I.
Yes I like the swissgear stuff quality build & usability, although I personally use sosoon bag (similar idea just a bit cheaper as the brand is less well known).

The bag I took to uni & now use as a researcher is not a wardrobe accessory, function is the priority. I really like the fact they are comfortable, ergonomic on your shoulders; I can fit a laptop, notepad, lunch & a jacket in it yet they still are reasonably compact when not fully filled.

That said students love to drop a £100 on a kanken bag that can barely hold more than a pencil case.
Joinedup
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Regatta - because I'm not a slave to brands
Reality Check
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by mnot)
Yes I like the swissgear stuff quality build & usability, although I personally use sosoon bag (similar idea just a bit cheaper as the brand is less well known).

The bag I took to uni & now use as a researcher is not a wardrobe accessory, function is the priority. I really like the fact they are comfortable, ergonomic on your shoulders; I can fit a laptop, notepad, lunch & a jacket in it yet they still are reasonably compact when not fully filled.

That said students love to drop a £100 on a kanken bag that can barely hold more than a pencil case.
Thanks for that link, mnot. They look very good
KroboDragon
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
I'm a fan of Lefrik - all of their bags are made of recycled plastic bottles so that's awesome!! It's lasted me many a year of carrying round heavy school books and the like.
mnot
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Thanks for that link, mnot. They look very good
I decided to get one after seeing 4.5 stars with 5000+ reviews, very happy with mine. The only annoying thing was the metal zips knocking each other when walking briskly but i used some electrical tape to stop the jingling and have had the bag for like 3+ years and would recommend it.
ivyxue49
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
absolutely not hype, horrible brand/design of bags. my kanken has lasted me a long time and my vans bag is spacious but is kinda flappy
ROTL94
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Never owned a backpack in my life. Don't carry anything that can't fit into a pocket.
kaizagill
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
The northface
Tumi
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (18)
8.29%
Okay (64)
29.49%
A bit lacking (81)
37.33%
Not good at all (54)
24.88%

Watched Threads