The Student Room Group

Architecture Applicants 2022

Scroll to see replies

Honestly I think both are amazing courses and have such a great reputation. I think the MSci course really appeals to me considering it has the masters integrated in the course, so if you are pretty sure on Architecture you will get qualified quicker/ also not have to reapply for the masters. Despite that though, they are both great courses! and congratulations on your offer! I think if you really want to switch maybe it’s worth asking?
Original post by 08fairy789
Hey, I got an offer for UCL Bartlett MSci course 2 weeks ago! Let me know what you’re thinking!

Hey, congrats on your offer honestly.

Could you give some pointers for the interview, like what questions did they ask you? And any general advice.

I got rejected last year but I'm on a gap year right now, am reapplying and have sent off my portfolio with work that I've done at home. It has sculptures, collages, drawings etc.. So I think that variety is good.

I'm waiting to receive an invite to interview (hopefully I get one) after sending my task and portfolio about 10 days ago.
Original post by hustlr
Hey, congrats on your offer honestly.

Could you give some pointers for the interview, like what questions did they ask you? And any general advice.

I got rejected last year but I'm on a gap year right now, am reapplying and have sent off my portfolio with work that I've done at home. It has sculptures, collages, drawings etc.. So I think that variety is good.

I'm waiting to receive an invite to interview (hopefully I get one) after sending my task and portfolio about 10 days ago.

Hey,
Good luck with your application process! Honestly the interview is really chill, it is just a matter of getting to know you, and the context behind your work- why you have done this. It is quite ambiguous, so being prepared to prepare your work with little questions. Don’t be nervous at all- I know I was too. But generally my interviewer was very enthusiastic and easy to speak to. Just know why you want to that specific course and why architecture without making it too generic! I hope it goes well! Let me know :smile:
Original post by notadumbblonde
applying for ba arch at sheffield, edinburgh, huddersfield and leeds beckett, and ba landscape at sheffield also.
a levels in geography, art & maths predicted A*A*A, and i got an A* in epq (not fully confirmed but based on last years grade boundaries i’m pretty certain it will be)
had 2 interview offers from huddersfield and leeds beckett, and a portfolio request from sheffield. edinburgh are notorious for responding at the last possible minute so i’m not too bothered, especially as they don’t ask for interview or portfolio.
no offers yet tho :frown:

Hi, I applied for two courses at Sheffield as well! How did you go about the My Street task? I'm sending in my portfolio tomorrow but I think it's interesting how everyone went about it in different ways.
Original post by vevem2004
Hi, I applied for two courses at Sheffield as well! How did you go about the My Street task? I'm sending in my portfolio tomorrow but I think it's interesting how everyone went about it in different ways.

in all honesty it was probably the worst thing on my portfolio! i had no idea what to do for it, and i left it a bit last minute whoops. basically i ended up using a graphic line drawing of my street overlayed onto a mixed media collage of sunsets and things??
luckily a level art has taught me how to ******** incredibly well so i think i might have saved myself with the words next to it!!
what about you?
Reply 65
I got an offer for the bartlett bsc course!!
has anyone heard back from Loughborough yet? I sent my portfolio a while ago but i still haven't heard back from them
Original post by shayzoinks
has anyone heard back from Loughborough yet? I sent my portfolio a while ago but i still haven't heard back from them

Hey,
I sent my application for them late in October and had an interview (in- person) with them a few weeks ago and got an offer a week later. I think they are having a range of interview days up until April! When did you send your portfolio!
Hey,
I sent my application for them late in October and had an interview (in- person) with them a few weeks ago and got an offer a week later. I think they are having a range of interview days up until April! When did you send your portfolio!

ahh congrats!!
i sent it about a month ago
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by shayzoinks
ahh congrats!!
i sent it about a month ago

You should definitely hear soon, good luck!! Where else have you applied?
You should definitely hear soon, good luck!! Where else have you applied?

thanks! ive applied to cardiff, nottingham, sheffield and manchester aswell!! where else have you applied?
UCL, Nottingham, Loughborough, Bath and Edinburgh :smile:
Congratulations! When did you submit the task and how long did you wait to get the response from ucl?

Original post by hk493
I got an offer for the bartlett bsc course!!
Reply 73
Thank you!! This was my general timeline:
I submitted ucas around oct 15, submitted my task on nov 22 and got the interview invitation the next day. The interview was dec 13 and I got the offer jan 4, so 3 weeks later. So waiting time was all relatively short
Reply 74
i got an offer for the ais course at the bartlett, but i’m still waiting for cardiff and cambridge, and i have a an interview for the meng course at ucl in a couple weeks.
cardiff have really left me in the dark i’ve been waiting since oct
Heyy! I have a few interviews coming up (one on the 11th of jan) and was wondering what type of stuff they asked you guys, and how did you prepare. I’m in a little muddle bc I got an interview from leeds beckett for interior architecture and design, I emailed them asking if I could do it online and they never responded :frown: I’m not sure what I need to prepare, whether or not i need a portfolio or not (i have one prepared), they’ve not given me any information and idk what to do. I emailed them again after but they still haven’t responded.
Original post by randaoibrahim
Heyy! I have a few interviews coming up (one on the 11th of jan) and was wondering what type of stuff they asked you guys, and how did you prepare. I’m in a little muddle bc I got an interview from leeds beckett for interior architecture and design, I emailed them asking if I could do it online and they never responded :frown: I’m not sure what I need to prepare, whether or not i need a portfolio or not (i have one prepared), they’ve not given me any information and idk what to do. I emailed them again after but they still haven’t responded.

It's possible that all staff members have not returned to work yet following the Christmas/New Year break. Wait until mid next week and then give them a call if you have still not heard anything. It's good that you have prepared a portfolio - just be ready to talk through your pieces if it is brought up during the interview.
Original post by 806644
Applied to UCL, Cardiff, Sheffield, Liverpool and Newcastle. A level predicted: A*BB in geography, maths and art respectivelyGCSE: 9999999999 in DT, geography, PE, Spanish and core subjects inc triple science.

Have you heard back from Newcastle?
Reply 78
Hi, i just submitted my portfolio to MSA. I was wondering how long it took you to hear back from them?
Reply 79
Original post by stevenpl24
insta: stvnpham

Currently doing an Art Foundation in Paris.

Manchester School of Architecture (secured place for 2022)

A’ Levels:
French A*, Physics A, Maths A

GCSEs:
8: French, Physics, Bio, Eng Lit
7: Maths, Geog
6: Chem, Eng Lang
5: Comp Sci

HMU if you’re also going to MSA 2022! :smile:

Hi, i have just submitted my portfolio to MSA. I was wondering how long it took you to hear back from them?
Thanks, and congrats on the offer!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending