Should I dress in a preppy manner more often?

Watch
RJDG14
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I decided this morning to put on a black polo shirt, beige shorts and a belt, which I read online was an example of a preppy outfit. I personally quite like the way I look with those clothes and thus wondered if I should dress this kind of way more often? Most of the young adults I see around my town dress in quite scruffy looking streetwear (such as grey tracksuits) but it's never really been my thing. Here's a photo of my attempt to look preppier:

Name:  Preppy.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  118.4 KB
frenchie_
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
wear what you want to wear.
rockrunride
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
It's a decent enough summer look, though I would wear the shorts a fair bit lower. I'd also wear a thinner belt and do all the buttons on the polo up.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by RJDG14)
I decided this morning to put on a black polo shirt, beige shorts and a belt, which I read online was an example of a preppy outfit. I personally quite like the way I look with those clothes and thus wondered if I should dress this kind of way more often? Most of the young adults I see around my town dress in quite scruffy looking streetwear (such as grey tracksuits) but it's never really been my thing. Here's a photo of my attempt to look preppier:

Name:  Preppy.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  118.4 KB
If you want to pull this look off, you really do need to buy clothes that fit properly. These don't, particularly the shorts: look at the angle the two belt loops at the front are making.
mlee531
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
The shorts are definitely too tight- and roll down the collar! I can't see your shoes but penny loafers/boat shoes are good choices for preppy outfits.
Last edited by mlee531; 3 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (21)
8.71%
Okay (70)
29.05%
A bit lacking (90)
37.34%
Not good at all (60)
24.9%

Watched Threads