Low Self-Esteem/Burnout

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I’m in quite an unfortunate place. I’m a GCSE student in year 11 with exceptional predicted grades (mostly 9s and some 8s) however, in recent months, I’ve found myself suffering from extremely low self esteem. I’m losing enthusiasm for my studies.

Furthermore, I always feel really lonely. I don’t really have any friends and I’m really struggling to make any. Quite often, I talk myself out of social situations simply because I’m either slightly scared or I simply can’t be bothered, with the latter happening increasingly as of late.
Anonymous #2
Report 6 months ago
i happen to be in the exact situation as you. i'm a yr11 and i also get 7s 8s and 9s in class; however, i worry about my looks and appearance and it's bringing me down. it's also the fact that i feel like people are judging me and that i'm not good enough for them as i'm not 'popular' in my eyes.

i had science revision today and my two best friends kinda ditched me in class today, leaving me all alone, so that they could get food. it's the fact that only one of them needed food, and both of them decided to go.

sometimes it feels like i'm the second option.

i promise you, that you look beautiful/ handsome.

at least you're clever - i bet all you're friends wish they could be like you!! you have the grades!

also, don't be worried about not having LOADS of friends atm. some people come out of their shell at different times.
Anonymous #1
Thank you so much for responding.

I’m pleased to hear I’m not alone.

I just get really anxious about the fact that I’m a loner/slightly introverted. Also, I may not have many friends but I feel like I would much, much happier than I am now if I did. I don’t really have much of a social life outside of school and I tend to feel quite lonely when at school.

I also want to reassure you that you need not worry about your looks, appearance, or whether anyone is judging you. The likelihood is, it’s all in your head and you’re a great person.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
i happen to be in the exact situation as you. i'm a yr11 and i also get 7s 8s and 9s in class; however, i worry about my looks and appearance and it's bringing me down. it's also the fact that i feel like people are judging me and that i'm not good enough for them as i'm not 'popular' in my eyes.

i had science revision today and my two best friends kinda ditched me in class today, leaving me all alone, so that they could get food. it's the fact that only one of them needed food, and both of them decided to go.

sometimes it feels like i'm the second option.

i promise you, that you look beautiful/ handsome.

at least you're clever - i bet all you're friends wish they could be like you!! you have the grades!

also, don't be worried about not having LOADS of friends atm. some people come out of their shell at different times.
Thank you so much for responding.

I’m pleased to hear I’m not alone.

I just get really anxious about the fact that I’m a loner/slightly introverted. Also, I may not have many friends but I feel like I would much, much happier than I am now if I did. I don’t really have much of a social life outside of school and I tend to feel quite lonely when at school.

I also want to reassure you that you need not worry about your looks, appearance, or whether anyone is judging you. The likelihood is, it’s all in your head and you’re a great person.
The1andOnly14u
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m in quite an unfortunate place. I’m a GCSE student in year 11 with exceptional predicted grades (mostly 9s and some 8s) however, in recent months, I’ve found myself suffering from extremely low self esteem. I’m losing enthusiasm for my studies.

Furthermore, I always feel really lonely. I don’t really have any friends and I’m really struggling to make any. Quite often, I talk myself out of social situations simply because I’m either slightly scared or I simply can’t be bothered, with the latter happening increasingly as of late.
I am so glad WW2 happened when it did.

Wed be doomed if was to happen now. God help us if WW3 happens over Taiwan.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (86)
67.19%
No (29)
22.66%
I didn't use it to prepare (13)
10.16%

Watched Threads